Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Dropbox addon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
Here comes the debug log! I have no clue why I get a script error. Could it be that I have the letter "é" in my account name?
Thanx in advance!

pastebin Log
Using Dmbc.

I am in an opened folder and I see all the jpg files there.

How do I display thumbnails of the photos and how to view it as a slide show ?

I can only see each file at a time when I double click on the particular file.

When it says " caching media files in the background".

Does this mean the files are cached as temporary files in the folder.
Once Kodi is switched off the files are deleted ?
So do I need to save it manually for each jpg file for permananent storage ?

Thanks
(2015-02-09, 20:10)ifihadahifi Wrote: [ -> ]Here comes the debug log! I have no clue why I get a script error. Could it be that I have the letter "é" in my account name?
Thanx in advance!

pastebin Log
Thanks for the logging! You have found a bug and it indeed has to do with the letter "é" in your account name. I'll try to fix this next week...

(2015-02-12, 02:57)zhong Wrote: [ -> ]Using Dmbc.

Thanks
I have updated the Dbmc wiki with some information on caching. I think it answers all your questions. If not, please let me know.
Hi,

First off I love this plugin. I wasnt aware of it until recently so have been installing a full dropbox client where the platform allowed me. Now I'm playing with ARM based systems so that wasnt an option. This plugin is ideal for what I need so thank you for writing it.

Secondly is anyone using this on kodi openelec 5.0.2 (cubox) or 5.0.3 (raspberry pi) as I am having sync issues ?
I have installed this previously and it all worked perfectly including sync. I think that was on kodi openelec 5.0.1 raspberry pi but I've been playing around with versions so its hard to remember.
I am running 0.8.0 of the plugin but didnt notice what version I was using when it worked 100%. As 0.8.0 is for kodi I think I've always been using that.

The problem I have is when trying to set it up again on the above platforms.
Adding an account all works ok, browsing dropbox works ok but when setting up sync after selecting the local folder it shows an empty folder list when selecting the remote folder (0/0 entries). Navigating the screen doesnt work (cant get to ok / cancel / new folder etc) and the only thing I can do is Esc out of the setup. There are definitely folders in dropbox and I can see them when browsing via the plugin.
I'm not sure if its related but as another test I tried to create a folder in dropbox using the plugin and that gives a script error. I never used this before so have no idea if it ever worked on my systems.

I have definitely had this working and short of re-installing a 5.0.1 build of openelec I cant confirm whether that is the issue so thought I'd ask if anyone else is definitely working ok or has the same problem.
If this is related to moving from 5.0.1 to 5.0.3 (Pi) then it manifests when setting up sync not I think on any pre-existing sync.
(2015-02-13, 00:10)josetaza Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-09, 20:10)ifihadahifi Wrote: [ -> ]Here comes the debug log! I have no clue why I get a script error. Could it be that I have the letter "é" in my account name?
Thanx in advance!

pastebin Log
Thanks for the logging! You have found a bug and it indeed has to do with the letter "é" in your account name. I'll try to fix this next week...

(2015-02-12, 02:57)zhong Wrote: [ -> ]Using Dmbc.

Thanks
I have updated the Dbmc wiki with some information on caching. I think it answers all your questions. If not, please let me know.

It say bad title when I clicked on your URL. What is the exact URL which works?

Thanks
Just jumping in here but.......Is there anything like this that works with the 'BOX' app? The one that in the Play Store? I'm being cheap basically, because with the 'Box' app you get a free 50g of storage where Dropbox is only about 2 i think before you have to pay a monthly fee.
Hi,

I still havent tested if this works with openelec 5.0.1 but looking at the debug log I get this
(the dropbox account name is altered but the additional space-dot at the end is added by the plugin and is not part of the dropbox account name)

12:18:09 T:1365234752 DEBUG: plugin.dbmc: Loading account settings: dropbox123456 .
12:18:09 T:1365234752 DEBUG: plugin.dbmc: Changing synchronization for account: dropbox123456 .
12:18:12 T:1365234752 DEBUG: plugin.dbmc: Synchronization enabled: True
12:18:22 T:1365234752 DEBUG: plugin.dbmc: Selected local folder: /storage/downloads/dropbox/
12:18:23 T:1365234752 ERROR: EXCEPTION: Non-Existent Control 416
12:18:23 T:1365234752 DEBUG: plugin.dbmc: DropboxFileBrowser Exception: RuntimeError('Non-Existent Control 416',)
12:18:23 T:1365234752 DEBUG: plugin.dbmc: Selecting path: /
12:18:23 T:1365234752 ERROR: EXCEPTION: Non-Existent Control 412
12:18:23 T:1365234752 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.RuntimeError'>
Error Contents: Non-Existent Control 412
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.dbmc/resources/lib/dropboxfilebrowser.py", line 76, in onInit
self.showFolders(self._start_path)
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.dbmc/resources/lib/dropboxfilebrowser.py", line 80, in showFolders
self.getControl(self.PATH_LABEL).setLabel(path)
RuntimeError: Non-Existent Control 412
-->End of Python script error report<--
Hi,

I have now resolved this.

As a thought I wondered if it was skin related so I switched back to Confluence and I could set up sync perfectly.
Switching back to my normal skin (Aeon MQ5) and syncing quite happily carried on.

Not sure what the issue is (or even if I caused it as I tend to tweak the skin to my liking) but switching skins just to set up the sync is an easy fix.
Thank you very much for this add-on and the time you are putting in to it developing it.
This will help me a lot trying to accomplish a small project I am working on in Bali :-)

Best wishes
I have a question about the way your Add-On syncs.

If I delete a file on my dropbox account will then also delete the file on the Kodi client?
And if I update a file on my dropbox account will the add-on realise that the file has been updated and initiate a new sync?

Thanks for the help
(2015-02-16, 20:47)dasminc Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I have now resolved this.

As a thought I wondered if it was skin related so I switched back to Confluence and I could set up sync perfectly.
Switching back to my normal skin (Aeon MQ5) and syncing quite happily carried on.

Not sure what the issue is (or even if I caused it as I tend to tweak the skin to my liking) but switching skins just to set up the sync is an easy fix.
Thanks for sharing this error!
Dbmc uses a Kodi file browser window to browse through the account folders/files. The skin that you are using misses the path-label (ID: 412). This label shows the user in which folder he/she currently is.
I improved Dbmc so that it will not crash on this any more, but of course, it will then also not show the current folder you are in...
(2015-02-21, 09:42)psysfaction Wrote: [ -> ]If I delete a file on my dropbox account will then also delete the file on the Kodi client?
Yes, it will.
(2015-02-21, 09:42)psysfaction Wrote: [ -> ]And if I update a file on my dropbox account will the add-on realise that the file has been updated and initiate a new sync?
Yes, it will. But keep in mind the synchronization interval. How fast Dbmc will see the changes depends on the synchronization interval you set. See also Dbmc wiki
After installing the add-on, I bounce against 'finish adding account', while I did not receive a PIN neither can I find where I should add a new account.
Removing and re-installing the add-on has no effect. Which step did I miss?
(2015-03-03, 19:41)Gerbrand Wrote: [ -> ]After installing the add-on, I bounce against 'finish adding account', while I did not receive a PIN neither can I find where I should add a new account.

I installed the add-on on another Raspberry (again with OSMC Alpha 4) and I saw the 'add new account' only once. No popup or whatever showed up to present a PIN code
(2015-03-04, 15:37)Gerbrand Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-03-03, 19:41)Gerbrand Wrote: [ -> ]After installing the add-on, I bounce against 'finish adding account', while I did not receive a PIN neither can I find where I should add a new account.

I installed the add-on on another Raspberry (again with OSMC Alpha 4) and I saw the 'add new account' only once. No popup or whatever showed up to present a PIN code
I have a RaspberryPi 2B now with OSMC so I'll check if I see the same issue. I'll come back on this...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22