Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Dropbox addon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
Hi guys. I've had this version from ed running grand for couple of weeks, but it's not working anymore.
Didn't even realize thats not working in background until this morning when I needed. So decided to install plugin again but getting error about "dependencies not met" where I need to look for log file to check what's going on?

Edit; Well found something like this after turning on debug option:

DEBUG: GetZipList - Processing zip://%2fstorage%2fdownloads%2fplugin.dbmc.zip/
17:01:38 T:139984870803200 DEBUG: CAddonInstallJob[script.common.plugin.cache]: requires xbmc.python version 2.24.0 which is not available

How to install this python in openelec?

Alright. Got it going after manualy installing all needed dependencies.
I have no clue as to how I can choose wich folders I want to synchronize to local.
I edited the settings.xml so now I can see the options under the "Change synchronization" tab in the add-on settings menu. However, when I try to "Select the Dropbox folder to synchronize with" I get an error (Action cannot be executed). This is possibly because I'm not logged into an account yet although I have set up my account inside the add-on.

I'm not able to call any sort of menu once I open the add-on. Thus, I have no way of editing anything. I've located my user settings.xml but I can't see anything in there that helps me.

Is anyone able to call the context menu once you logged in to an account? If so, how?
I am on a Mac OS system. After installing the addon I get an error and it tells me to check the log. Help site tells me there is a kodi folder in the library preferences but it isn't there. I can't find a kodi log on my system. It won't give a PIN either. Any suggestions?
nicked im workin on similiar project any advice?
Hello,

I know nothing about the coding side of kodi. I look up on how to install adding etc. I am running the latest (in android app downloads) jarvis 16.1 on a ziddoo x6 pro box. I am trying to enable the dropbox addon but keep getting an error message in the bottom right corner. Would any one be kind enough to help me (sorry in advance if something simple)

Many thanks
Ben
read through the thread completely and fixed now. Great forum thank you Smile
Hello

I am needing help again. Ed_davidson helped me out last time with DBMC ( ryansrepo )
I got it installed however when you try to download file from DBMC it downloads to BACKGROUNDS ... It does not let you pick where you want file like i.e. EXTERNAL STORAGE ...DOWNLOADS. Etc. ED if you see this and are able to help. PLEASE HELP ME AGAIN. Thank you
Ryan

[email protected]
I am still here.
You have to have to download location as a source listed in File Manger.
As soon as kodi starts up I get an error for Dbmc, this is the pastebin link for my log if anyone can help. Thank you in advance. https://paste.ubuntu.com/23677969/
See post #251
Hey Ed, your post #251 helped me install it on my mac - and it worked just fine. I was testing it out before getting it installed on my Rasbperry Pi running OpenElec. However, using that URL you posted threw an error in OpenElec that said the dependencies weren't met and wouldn't install from the zip. I unzipped it and copied it over manually, and it still didn't load. A few pages earlier in this thread is a link to here: https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread-1182-p...ml#pid8183 that helped setup the rest.py script and a change to the addon.xml.

And when I restarted, it finally booted up. I started adding my account, entered the code, and got a dropbox code to put in. However, when I click "Finish Setting Up" in Kodi, nothing happens and it I get the pop-up box to go the sourceforge page again to get a code (and then it keeps happening over an over and I can never enter the Dropbox code).

I checked the log and I see the following errors:
ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.dbmc/?action=add&content_type=executable&module=browse_account
ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.dbmc/?action=add&content_type=executable&module=browse_account) failed

I know I kind of bastardized the whole installation process, but do you have an idea of what's going on (or where I went wrong)? Smile
(2016-12-29, 04:29)Janos Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Ed, your post #251 helped me install it on my mac - and it worked just fine. I was testing it out before getting it installed on my Rasbperry Pi running OpenElec. However, using that URL you posted threw an error in OpenElec that said the dependencies weren't met and wouldn't install from the zip. I unzipped it and copied it over manually, and it still didn't load. A few pages earlier in this thread is a link to here: https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread-1182-p...ml#pid8183 that helped setup the rest.py script and a change to the addon.xml.

And when I restarted, it finally booted up. I started adding my account, entered the code, and got a dropbox code to put in. However, when I click "Finish Setting Up" in Kodi, nothing happens and it I get the pop-up box to go the sourceforge page again to get a code (and then it keeps happening over an over and I can never enter the Dropbox code).

I checked the log and I see the following errors:
ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.dbmc/?action=add&content_type=executable&module=browse_account
ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.dbmc/?action=add&content_type=executable&module=browse_account) failed

I know I kind of bastardized the whole installation process, but do you have an idea of what's going on (or where I went wrong)? Smile

I have it installed on multiple LE devices without issue.

You can just try copying the addon files and the userdata/addon_data folder and see if that fixes it.
There shouldn't be any dependency issues.
Another thing you could check is that you have good internet because it can't pull the dependency it needs if no internet.
Yeah, the internet was fine. I copied over the UserData folder from the Mac where it was working to the Pi and it looks like it's working now! Thanks man!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22