Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: vu duo importing channels from client
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi guys
total noob here. got my vu and xbmc working together, but every time i turn off my xbmc, then turn it back on, it imports then channels again, which takes ages before i can view tv. is there a way of doing it once, saving the list, so that i dont have to go through this each time

many thanks guy Smile
Here some info from the VU+ add on wiki:

2.2 Channels

Within this tab options that refer to channel data can be set.

Folder for channeldata: Retrieving the channel data from the backend can take quite long. To avoid that the user has to wait a long time before the addon starts it stores the information about the available channels in a separate XML file. Instead of quering the backend the addon then tries to load the channels from this XML file during addon startup. This property defines into which directory this XML file will be put. The filename is "channeldata.xml". Also, the last played position of the recordings will be saved into this directory, so that the user can resume the playback of a previously stopped recording. The recording data is stored into the file "recordings.xml".

Just point a folder inside your XBMC HDD and channels will load mutch faster. EPG will still need some time but at least you will be able to watch TV.
Nice thing about this is also the fact that you can stop watching a recoding and XBMC will save this point for you.