Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: BDMV with subtitles always out of sync
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, since Frodo when playing bdmv folder downloaded subtitles are ALWAYS out of sync, actually there's no way to play bdmv folder with correct sync subtitles unless the subtitles are embedded in the Blu ray itself,
the problem persist on all XBMC revisions since Frodo on windows systems.
hmm,
not completly true.
i used a few downloaded subs with my blu-ray folder structure and they where in sync.
but not all of them.
because it depents on what source the people use for syncing there subs in the .srt file.
but you should be able to to place them in sync your self
just press M and goto the audio and subtitle settings till they are in sync.
(2013-09-08, 08:57)skydancer Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, since Frodo when playing bdmv folder downloaded subtitles are ALWAYS out of sync, actually there's no way to play bdmv folder with correct sync subtitles unless the subtitles are embedded in the Blu ray itself,
the problem persist on all XBMC revisions since Frodo on windows systems.

Unfortunately this has been going on for some time...Lord only knows whats changed and why it hasn't been addressed....

iso containters also cant play external srt files...embedded subtitles are fine but like you say, srt files are unsyncable, regardless of how you delay/speed them up,

Wanilton opened a ticked for it 15 months ago...nothings been done since Sad http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/13104

I've still got one box on Eden and one using nightlies...PITA as my db hasn't been in sync for ages!!

I'm amazed so few people appear to use external subs with bd folders & iso's...Surely the XBMC community isn't just made up of people who speak English as a first language and only watch what Hollywood spoon feeds them? Tongue
(2013-09-08, 20:52)Phantom_Zone Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately this has been going on for some time...Lord only knows whats changed and why it hasn't been addressed....

iso containters also cant play external srt files...embedded subtitles are fine but like you say, srt files are unsyncable, regardless of how you delay/speed them up,

Wanilton opened a ticked for it 15 months ago...nothings been done since Sad http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/13104

I've still got one box on Eden and one using nightlies...PITA as my db hasn't been in sync for ages!!

I'm amazed so few people appear to use external subs with bd folders & iso's...Surely the XBMC community isn't just made up of people who speak English as a first language and only watch what Hollywood spoon feeds them? Tongue

I know it's on open ticket, just wanna to raise the glove again hopping not to be forgotten
15 month ConfusedConfused
Could a dev possibly comment on this?

Is anyone looking at it?

Will it be fixed for the full Gotham release?
+1 on this issue. Why is it this way, me too is baffled by why this issue is not a higher priority? There must be more than just a handful of people affected, please address this problem!