Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Problem installing XMBCbuntu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone,

i want to install XBMCbuntu on my HTPC and downloaded the latest Intel-AMD 12.2 Version. When booting the Live CD the following message appears: mmio adress 0xfec000fo already in use. Apart from that everything seems to run normal and i begin the installation. I choose to install XBMCbuntu besides Windows XP but when the window appears where i am supposed to assign disk space nothing happens. I only have one HD to choose from but i am not able to resize the 2 blank squares below for the disk space and the install button is grey. It's like the installation freezes at this point and i have to choose to reboot from the upper right corner.
Is it a big problem to not have internet connection during installation? On Windows XP i only use a USB Stick to connect to the internet but obviously i cannot use it during XBMCbuntu installation. My specs: Athlon64 X2 BE-2300, ASRock A785GMH/128M, 500 GB HD, 2 GB RAM. Does anyone know what the problem is?
(2013-09-08, 20:19)Skinner Wrote: [ -> ]Is it a big problem to not have internet connection during installation?

Yes, the install program will attempt to download drivers specific to your hardware during install.

Re disk space I would check your disk space and in particular fragmentation on the Xp side. If there isn't at least a (from memory) 4GB+ block free at the end of the drive then the install program cannot re-partition the drive.
I have enough disk space available. It seems to work when i choose other options and assign the disk space directly. But i've been reading a little and think that i changed my mind: i'm going to install Lubuntu first and than XBMC because i want a real OS and it will be easier to get the internet connection running. Thanks anyway.