Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Second HDD not detected inside XBMC while it is inside XBMCbuntu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok guys, I'm a total noob with Ubuntu. I used to have xbmc working on my xbox so long ago and, after my Ariva Mediacenter died, I decided to make my HTPC and get back to the magic of xbmc.
I have an AsRock B75 Pro3, an Intel Celeron G1610T and 4GB Ram 1333.
There are two hard drives: 750GB formatted for Ubuntu (primary) and 500GB formatted in NTFS (secondary)
The installation of Xbmcbuntu 12.20 was superfast using the external usb stick. Both hard drives were detected correctly during installation, no problems at all.
Once installed I had the big surprise. Only the primarh 750GB hdd was available inside Xbmc.
So I thought it was not mounted inside Xbmcbuntu...but I was wrong! I could see that secondary drive, browse it, open the files, copy.. but once back to xbmc, nothing at all!
Where am I wrong? Any suggestion out there?
Thanks!
Did you add the second drive as a media source (audio and/or video) within XBMC? You'll need to browse the File System and navigate to the mount point of that drive and add it as a source.
Thanks artrafel for the reply. Actually I did not add anything after the installation of xbmc. 2nd hard drive was only phisically installed during the installation and the installer could detect it without any problem.

This evening (Europe time) I will try your solution and will get back to the forum in any case.

Have fun.
Hi artrafael. Everything went smooth. Thanks for your suggestion Wink
Great, glad to hear you have it sorted.