Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Suddenly XBMC very unresponsive and slow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ATV2 5.0.1 (4224)
XBMC (12.2 Git:20130502-32b1a5e) Platform: Darwin iOS (11.0.0, Version 5.1.1 (Build 9B206f)). Built on May 2 2013
The log file http://www.filedropper.com/xbmc
Two ATV2 centralized with MySQL server on a NAS QNAP TS-219P+. Managing the MySQL with PhpMyAdmin version 3.3.5 (MySQL version 5.1.36)

Hello to all,
Suddenly today my ATV2 became very unresponsive and slow. When I choose a film or a tv-show it takes 2-3 minutes to go to the next screen. So every click on the remote it takes 2-3 minutes, even if I press to go back. This happens only when messing around with films or tv-shows if I am navigating through add-ons or the menu generally its very responsive and fast.
What I did is to drop the databases (Mymusic and Mivideos) and re create them with no luck. Then I remove all the xbmc from one of my ATV's using ssh and re install it. Drop db's again and re create. At the start everything was perfect but after some time when I was going to view an episode the problem appeared again. If I remove the advancedsettings.xml file (in order to work as stand alone or better without the MySQL) everything is back to normal. I spend the whole day with out any luck.
Thanks in advance!

Mike
You may want to instead upload your debug log to a public paste site such as www.xbmclogs.com and post the assigned URL here... a lot of people are reluctant to download a file of unknown provenance to their hard drives.

Have you tried accessing/playing the videos in Files view (VIDEOS > Files > etc.) to see if navigation is also slow this way? It may be a networking issue.
Based on your debug log it looks like your advanced settings are good and it can talk to the MySQL db.
Since the problem goes away when you delete your advancedsettings.xml it sounds like it is an issue related to MySQL and not XBMC.

Do you have anything else running on your QNAP that might kick off and take over CPU and/or memory?

Do you have large file transfers going to/from your QNAP when this slowness takes place?

Is your QNAP setup with 1Gig Full duplex?
I had same issue. Once I quit using mysql library all was fine. Also was using a qnap and gave up for now.
Here is the log http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=56686 and yes it is 100% a MySQL problem since by removing the advancedsettings.xml everything runs smooth again. The strange thing is that I am running this setup for over 2 years now with no problem at all.
I don't know what is the 1G Full duplex nokdim please explain if possible and I don't have any large transfers at all.
I believe that I can blame the latest software upgrade of the NAS then or maybe I should review again all the applications/services running on it and switch off those that I don't use anymore.
Thanks in advance.
1G full duplex is the port speed and duplex of your Ethernet port.
it might be listed as Speed 1000 Duplex full.

Usually you can set both sides i.e. NAS and Switch to Auto and 99% of the time it works no problem but I have seen devices not negotiate well and one side ends up at half duplex which causes errors.

Have you tried to remove MySQL from the QNAP and add it back not drop the db but remove MySQL altogether and add it back.

Maybe with the new software upgrade on the NAS it needs to be reinstalled.