Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ram needed to run Aeon Nox
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am looking to run XBMC and Aeon Nox on a inexpensive pre built box. I think I have seen that the 512MB Rasberry Pi has problems with it. I was wondering if a mini PC with 2G Ram can handle it? Do I need 4GB? Or is there too many other things that affect it? One I have seen mentioned that I would consider is- CuBox-i2Ultra

http://cubox-i.com/

Also the Ouya, But I think it has problems with it.

My first choice is Haswell NUC, but that is out of my price range right now. I want a NAS setup to store my files, and a STB that can handle the skin I like.
NUC with Celeron 847 do the job (tested and approuved by a french user :

http://passion-xbmc.org/hardware-pour-xb...-openelec/

Look at one of the 2 videos, at the end, Aeon Nox is used.

One other french community member is using a Ouya box with Aeon Nox and have no problem with it.
I have an old laptop from 2007 with 2GB's of RAM that runs it without a hitch. I don't use many addons on that, though.

(2013-09-09, 10:03)mikebzh44 Wrote: [ -> ]Look at one of the 2 videos, at the end, Aeon Nox is used.

Looks like Confluence to me.
Second video at 04:15
The Ouya is a bad idea. In theory it should work just fine.

My Ouya has trouble staying connected to my wireless network. Therefore streams from my nas to the Ouya often stop. It also has problems running 720p / 1080p video files (maybe due to lags in the connectivity).

btw the Ouya is less than 2m away from my router. I would connect it through cable but there is just one problem - the wall in-between ;-) Every other device is just working fine with full bars in my network.

Tried everything to fix it with the help of the official Ouya forum - no success!

I would think about a jailbroken AppleTV2 ... only backdrop: no 1080p support. Everything else is just working flawless. "Cheap" considering a lot of other options, silent, economic, comes with remote, Apple OS is always stable.
This skin works on my Q180 but there's a 1-2 second gap between changing screens. Doesn't happen with any other skin. 4GB RAM, ATOM D2550 DC 1.86Ghz