Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Newbie, Master Lock code issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I apologize, in advance, for not being very educated on this. My son took care of all of these things for me, and he is now away at college. We have Appletv2, jb with Seas0npass, on Mac. XBMC, I changed the settings (dumb), trying to keep my younger boys from being able to have free access to everything. I set a Master Lock Code, numeric, and checked require code for startup, or something like that. I try to get into XBMC, it asks for my passcode, I click on the four digits, then done, and I get an error that the passcode is incorrect, and that I have only 3 tries. I try again and again, until it closes and goes back to my ATV menu.

I am positive that I am entering the correct passcode, but it isn't working. Do I need to start all over and re-jailbreak or something? I'm fairly literate when it comes to these things, and Google is my friend, but a nice walkthrough would be great. Thanks in advance.
I know you say you are putting in the right code but it must not be or else it would let you in.

You dont need to start from scratch but you will need some technical knowledge.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Set...ked_out.3F

What you need to do is get a program like cyberduck (wiki) or Putty SSH (wiki) and ssh into your system and get to your userdata (wiki) folder and delete or edit the profiles.xml file in order to change the code.
nokdim, thank you for the reply. I had tried that, without success. I just found Transmit, was able to connect, delete the profile, and magically, I'm back in XBMC. Thanks so much!