Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Update Library & Scan for new content
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i'm shure this question must have bine asked before but i can't find it ...

i'm having the strangest thing , if i'm correct the "update library" is scanning all the paths for updates , the scan folder for new content only scan's the folder your selecting ...

but here's my problem ,

for some reason if i choose to select Update Library , it not only updates the entire library , bit it places thing 2 times in my library , it already happend that i had it comming 3 times that way so that the first movie is watched , but the other 2 are still unwatched ...

maybe something extra to tell is , the rating are sometimes different and the fanart to ...

i useally scan for new content by going to TV Shows , search for my show and then scan new content , but sometimes i go to "Video's" , select TV Shows and scan for new content there ...

should i have a problem with scrappers or something ?
You might have two sources pointed at the same group of folders. For example, if you set content on a child-folder, then later set content on a parent-folder, they could end up overlapping and result in doubles. It could also be a case-sensitive issue, where a second source was entered with a capital letter thrown in, and XBMC thinks it's a whole new path.

First check for redundant sources within the GUI under XBMC -> Videos -> Files.

Also, XBMC pulls sources from the database, so sometimes they can exist without being shown in the GUI. In that case, you can normally correct it by using an SQL editing tool and opening up userdata (wiki)/Database/MyVideos75.db and finding the table for sources and deleting the duplicate source.