Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ouya - Audio passthrough device - Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,

Just a short question: In the audio settings in XBMC on my Ouya there is a section where you can determine the audio passthrough audio device. No matter if being in standard, enhanced or expert mode there is always the message: error - no hdmi passthrough audio device detected. Is this related to the CEC handshake problem, or am I doing somthing wrong here? Also restarting receiver or un- and replugging hdmi cable does not have any effect on this.

Thanks for any answer in advance.

Best Regards,

ken866
As far as I know this is an android-problem. No chance for XBMC to fix it :-(

I hope they will find a work-arround or something.
(2013-09-10, 12:45)DarkVamp Wrote: [ -> ]As far as I know this is an android-problem. No chance for XBMC to fix it :-(

The problem is not in Android or XBMC, it is a fixable problem in Ouya's firmware.

I'm sure that Ouya will fix it eventually, but lets hope sooner rather than later.
(2013-09-10, 17:27)Hedda Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-09-10, 12:45)DarkVamp Wrote: [ -> ]As far as I know this is an android-problem. No chance for XBMC to fix it :-(

The problem is not in Android or XBMC, it is a fixable problem in Ouya's firmware.

I'm sure that Ouya will fix it eventually, but lets hope sooner rather than later.
Right -- the problem is that Ouya never implemented HDMI-CEC.

However, they've known about the problem since February and have done nothing to this point, despite repeated inquiries. It doesn't seem like a high priority for them -- so I wouldn't hold my breath for a solution.

Here's the thread to follow:

http://forums.ouya.tv/discussion/651/hdmi-cec-for-xbmc
CEC is a different issue than audio passthrough.
(2013-09-11, 00:59)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-09-10, 18:10)Alchete Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-09-10, 17:27)Hedda Wrote: [ -> ]

Right -- the problem is that Ouya never implemented HDMI-CEC.

However, they've known about the problem since February and have done nothing to this point, despite repeated inquiries. It doesn't seem like a high priority for them -- so I wouldn't hold my breath for a solution.

Here's the thread to follow:

http://forums.ouya.tv/discussion/651/hdmi-cec-for-xbmc
CEC is a different issue than audio passthrough.
Yes like Ned noted, Ouya missing HDMI-CEC so far is a different issue than audio-passthrough

but just like with audio-passthrough, that problem with HDMI-CEC is also not in Android or XBMC, it is a fixable problem in Ouya's firmware

and I'm sure that Ouya will fix that too eventually, so again lets hope sooner rather than later