Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV Library
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I upgraded from 10.1 to Frodo yesterday.

I've got a few issues I was looking for help with

My cyberlink remote no longer brings up the contextual menu on TV shows
The tv shows and films have been added to the library from a dlna scan rather than adding a source manually.
How can i exclude folders/shows? I have two folders appear that i dont want. One folder is an unknown, the other I want to access manually as it's full of music concerts

Thx
I'm not sure I understand. Are you saying these are things that you could do in 10.1 but you can't do anymore in 12.2?

Also, which OS are you running?
Ned

Thanks for the reply.

in 10, using my remote I could exclude shows from the library by hitting the context button (teletext)

The shows parent folder were manually added as a source. Under Frodo, I haven't added any sources. It's added the films/shows automatically from the DLNA of my NSA310.

I'd rather Frodo didn't do that

UbuntuXBMC which also hangs on reboot Sad
A DNLA source populated your library? That's very strange. I think something funky happened when XBMC updated the video database. I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this, but a debug log (wiki) of you accessing these shows in the GUI on Frodo might tell us something.
Sorry for being such a noob, but how do I get those logs?
(2013-09-12, 07:33)ukbootlegs Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry for being such a noob, but how do I get those logs?

Click the link in Ned's post above or the one here: debug log (wiki)
(2013-09-12, 07:46)artrafael Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-09-12, 07:33)ukbootlegs Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry for being such a noob, but how do I get those logs?

Click the link in Ned's post above or the one here: debug log (wiki)

Thank you Smile

Your debug xbmc.log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=57723
Your XBMC crashlog: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=57724

I uploaded the crash log too as my XBMC always hangs when I try and reboot.

BTW, I did not format the HDD when I installed Frodo/Ubuntu so some of the 10.1 settings may have been retained Sad
Your library is using SMB sources, not DLNA.

I'm guessing your 10.1 DB was updated but something happened to your sources.xml file, which means you can't access videos and folders in files view, but you can access then in library view.

It sounds like you just need two add the sources again so that you can tell XBMC to exclude certain paths. The sources on the DB level might no longer have their content type set, which would prevent the info window from coming up when you select a TV show.

As long as you add a source that looks like this: smb://TVANDTUNES/video/

You should be okay and XBMC shouldn't make duplicates. Maybe.
Ned

Thanks for the reply. When I add new tv shows, they are added to my library when I reboot the Acer. Therefore, as you say, something has stuck. Shoud I delete the sources.xml file and add my sources again?

any idea about the crashing on reboot?

Thx
Reinstalled, formatting HDD.

All works now.

Thx