Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Get actor thumbnails to display in OpenElec/Raspberry Pi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am using the latest version of OpenElec on a Raspberry Pi. Because I do not have internet at home, what I do is I take my external hard drive (containing all my movies an tv shows) to work, plug it into my computer, and use Media Center Master to download all the metadata/artwork/trailers for the movies. Then, when I go back home, I plug the external hard drive back into the Pi and everything is perfect.
The only problem is that on the Pi (OpenElec), it is not displaying actor thumbnails. I do have the option in Media Center Master selected to download cast and crew thumbnails, and indeed if I navigate to "C:\ProgramData\MediaBrowser\ImagesByName\People" on my Windows PC (where MCM is installed), I see all the thumbnails there. But if I open the .nfo files in each of my movie folders, I see that the thumbnails are being referenced to as:

"C:\ProgramData\MediaBrowser\ImagesByName\People\Kiefer Sutherland\folder.jpg"
"C:\ProgramData\MediaBrowser\ImagesByName\People\Cherry Jones\folder.jpg"
"C:\ProgramData\MediaBrowser\ImagesByName\People\Bob Gunton\folder.jpg"

etc. Obviously this absolute path will not work when my drive is plugged to the Pi. I guess I need to do two things here:

1. Copy the contents of the "C:\ProgramData\MediaBrowser\ImagesByName\People" folder to the Pi, and
2. Update all .nfo files to point to the new folder on the Pi.

So my two questions are:

1. Where should I copy the "C:\ProgramData\MediaBrowser\ImagesByName\People" to on the Pi? (I'm using latest version of OpenElec installed on an SD card on the Pi)
2. Is there anyway I can automate the changing of the paths in the .nfo files to point to the correct directory on the Pi?

Sorry for my ignorance on this matter, and thanks for your time.
Fabricio Rodriguez
Pretoria, South Africa
You can move your ImagesByName\People anywhere onto your Pi. But this is more a question for media centre master to include path substitution in its software.

I use Meta-browser which has this option. My actor images are saved on to my NAS, and Metabrowser ensures the path name is referenced how I want.