Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How about making xbmc onto ipa?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If it's not the right forum in this community, please tell me where should i post it.

So, in the last time we are seeing more and more apps for mac & pc that let us sync ipa to ios devices, no matter if it's jailbroken, if it's from the app store or not.
Right now, these apps are being used for downloading app store paid apps for free-but we can use it to our own, legally good.

if XBMC will have an ipa file, like one apple should approve, and will post a guide of how to sync it to the device we'll be able to install xbmc on every device, no matter jailbreak, or version!

That's sound crazy to me! Rofl

I'm talking about apps like tongbu. i will not post links for reason explained before in this thread, but i think my suggestion can be so awesome!
You have no clue - do you? What you propose is not possible (e.x. running xbmc on non-jailbroken devices - even if you would get it installed). Also providing an ipa is impossible for us.

Please keep away from any discussions about that if you have no real knowledge about the problem (i don't want this thread to get long without use...).
(2013-09-12, 15:44)Memphiz Wrote: [ -> ]You have no clue - do you? What you propose is not possible (e.x. running xbmc on non-jailbroken devices - even if you would get it installed). Also providing an ipa is impossible for us.

Please keep away from any discussions about that if you have no real knowledge about the problem (i don't want this thread to get long without use...).
That's not so nice. I just want to help, why to be so ruide?

I know that's not work, like now, but if you'll re-develop the whole app in Xcode? Why wouldn't it work then?
Because this was asked multiple times and people like you thought they know how it should work but it doesn't because you are just ignoring facts. Fact1 XBMC won't run on non-jailbroken ios without ripping out alot of stuff and changing alot of the more then 30 dependend libraries...
(2013-09-12, 21:45)Memphiz Wrote: [ -> ]Because this was asked multiple times and people like you thought they know how it should work but it doesn't because you are just ignoring facts. Fact1 XBMC won't run on non-jailbroken ios without ripping out alot of stuff and changing alot of the more then 30 dependend libraries...
I know that, don't judge me so fast. but it's a something you need to highly considered. i know it demands rewriting the ios app but it'll make it run on every device, every version, no jailbreak needed.
(2013-09-12, 21:51)tomer1749 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-09-12, 21:45)Memphiz Wrote: [ -> ]Because this was asked multiple times and people like you thought they know how it should work but it doesn't because you are just ignoring facts. Fact1 XBMC won't run on non-jailbroken ios without ripping out alot of stuff and changing alot of the more then 30 dependend libraries...
I know that, don't judge me so fast. but it's a something you need to highly considered. i know it demands rewriting the ios app but it'll make it run on every device, every version, no jailbreak needed.

Start writing then.
Oh and make sure the entire code is multi platform compatible.
Happy coding.
Your Cynicism doesn't really fun as you think. I came with this thread, you, by yourself, decided i don't know anything and writed to me like a 4 year old.

I knew it really good, that it's needed a re-developing. but it should be started somewhen .. after all it'll take the jailbreak even more time to come like it took on 6 ..

So calm down and don't judge so fast. I love XBMC, and i just want the best from it. what you did is to think you know what i know and what i don't, and make me to never come again.
warning: you'll soon run into the apple rules and you'll realize the limitation of your walled garden platform. you think you can do what you want on apple devices? think again... they control what software you can run on the device. it's your device. .. until you try to do something apple doesn't want you to do. then it's their device.. your ass is owned, constantly at the mercy of a company which only have one goal: profit. not your freedom to do what you want to do with your device, their profit is their only concern. a fact you accepted when you bought their device and accepted their eulas.
tomer1749 ... read your first post ... i didn't judge wrong based on that. The dyloading is a thing which blocks XBMC from running unjailbroken. Also the access of private apis will not work on non-jailbroken devices. As Martijn said - start coding.
yawn ... *lock