Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Additional TV/Movie Menu Options
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, normally I've found the info I'm after but haven't had that luck this time.

I'd like to create another menu option for movies and TV shows (for my kid) - even better one that can do both.

Found an article on setting up favourites or playlists, but I'd like to just clone the existing movie/TV menu options and change the source folder.

Thanks for any help in advance.
If you go into nox settings and go to skin - customization - edit main menu items. Then you can select the menu item and choose set submenu. There you can choose one of the default submenus, or create your own. Creating your own can either involve smart playlists or video nodes. Hope this helps
(2013-09-12, 12:12)nzlittleman Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys, normally I've found the info I'm after but haven't had that luck this time.

I'd like to create another menu option for movies and TV shows (for my kid) - even better one that can do both.

Found an article on setting up favourites or playlists, but I'd like to just clone the existing movie/TV menu options and change the source folder.

Thanks for any help in advance.
If you want to take something like the movie menu and all its sub folders and pretty much replicate them just with different sources, not currently possible. You'd have to manually create each submenu entry, along with the main menu entry. Smart playlists will definitely make this easier though. I have a video in my sig that should help.
Vaikin, thx for coming in. I could swear I read somwhere in OP's post about submenus.
Thanks guys. Didn't think it was a current feature :-)

I'll set up smart lists and watch that video.