Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Updating library - Need restart?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everybody!
I have 4 installations of XBMC. (2 pc, 1 Raspbery Pi, 1 Android)

All devices are showing the library fine (from MeSQL-database on server)

My question is about adding files to library. (I have searched, but didnt find anything)

Do I need to do a new scan on all devices? Since I dont have a keyboard to my Raspberry Pi (im using tv-remote) I have to restart it all the time.
And it takes very, very long time to refresh library, since it will go through all files again.
Am I missing something? Cant I just refresh library from my computer when I add a new file?
An XBMC install needs to scan in order for it to be added to the library and this only needs to be done on one machine not all of them.
it does go and scans all sources that content is set on for new content so the time it takes is dependent on the amount of data you have.

There is an addon you can install that you can schedule/automate this:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...uto_Update

You can also run a batch or shell script to send a command to an XBMC install to have it kick off a scan:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...te_library

I have 500+ movies and 70 shows with 500+ episodes and my scan takes about 1 minute.
I mean, if I add a file to the library. Lets say a new episode of a tv-serie from my computer.
If I start my raspberry Pi in bedroom, I cant see that new episode. I must restart my Raspberry Pi.

My pc updates my librare quite fast. Its the Rasp Pi that takes about 30 minutes after a restart.

What I want is that I add files from my computer. Go to bed and start tv. There is all new files waiting to be watched.
Thats doesnt work?
if all devices are using MySQL including the Pi than it should be automatic.

Can you post a debug log (wiki) from your Pi so we can see your advancedsettings.xml

I have Pi's ATV's and PC's and 1 scans and they all pickup the new content right away.
If you are in the library you might need to back out one screen and click new episodes again but besides that it is dynamic.
Honestly I dont know how to make a debug log from Raspberry Pi. I just followed a guide for installing Raspbmc on it.

But all devicecs uses the same advancedsettings.xml
<advancedsettings>
<videodatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>192.168.1.95</host> <--- THIS IS THE SERVER WITH STATIC IP
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
</videodatabase>

I hope thats not to much text to post.
And you are sure that advancedsettings.xml is located in the userdata (wiki) folder on your Pi?

for raspbmc it should be located in /home/pi/.xbmc/userdata/
The xml is in \\RASPBMC\pi\.xbmc\userdata (I can acces it from my PC)