Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Nexus)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2017-07-08, 14:44)linkinsoldier Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a possibility to send connected controllers to sleep after some (calibrateable) time? My ps3 controller seems to be running until it's out of battery, even though kodi is in power saving mode

Kodi has the ability to power-off controllers. Currently, this only works for XInput controllers on windows. What system are you on? Do any other programs on our system have this capability?
Cool - I am running on a RPi3 with libreeelec
(2017-07-09, 08:34)linkinsoldier Wrote: [ -> ]Cool - I am running on a RPi3 with libreeelec

If you can point to another open source project that can turn off PS3 controllers, I'll add this feature to Kodi
Unfortunately I don't know any project which has this implemented. However on libreelec I can go to the libreeelec settings -> Bluetooth and see my different controllers. Those controller are shown as connected (yes) or not connected (no) and there I can disconnect single controllers (option is called disconnect - I have no idea what enable standby is supposed to do, but disconnect works!)

Couldn't this be used by you?
(2017-07-09, 09:46)linkinsoldier Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately I don't know any project which has this implemented. However on libreelec I can go to the libreeelec settings -> Bluetooth and see my different controllers. Those controller are shown as connected (yes) or not connected (no) and there I can disconnect single controllers (option is called disconnect - I have no idea what enable standby is supposed to do, but disconnect works!)

Couldn't this be used by you?

Currently, Bluetooth devices are handled by the OS. LibreELEC settings aren't part of Kodi, they're added by the LE team to control operating system-level settings.

In order to power-off the PS3 controller, we'd have to rely on an undocumented API (that's how we grab the Guide button on windows machines). Not having access to this API, and not wanting to reverse engineer it myself, there's not much I can do. Keep an eye out for projects that can power off controllers, though, because if you find some open source code we can add it to Kodi or LE.
Finally got around to uploading those builds from 3 days ago. Games will now autosave on exit and autoload on close. The savestate and metadata is stored alongside the ROM like this:

Code:
Chrono Trigger (U) [!].smc   (the ROM)
Chrono Trigger (U) [!].sav   (the state)
Chrono Trigger (U) [!].xml   (the metadata)

Autosave and autoload have some pretty heavy limitations now. The savestate will only be stored if the folder is writable (no zipped ROMs or readonly network shares).

Also, savestates are not compatible across emulators, so you can't switch emulators without losing your savestate:

This is less than ideal, but I'll address these limitations in the saved game manager. I still haven't decided on the design requirements for the GUI, so let me know if there's anything that shouldn't be left out.
(2017-07-10, 21:56)garbear Wrote: [ -> ]Games will now autosave on exit and autoload on close.

I assume you meant "autoload on OPEN" Wink
(2017-07-10, 21:56)garbear Wrote: [ -> ]Finally got around to uploading those builds from 3 days ago. Games will now autosave on exit and autoload on close. The savestate and metadata is stored alongside the ROM like this:

Code:
Chrono Trigger (U) [!].smc   (the ROM)
Chrono Trigger (U) [!].sav   (the state)
Chrono Trigger (U) [!].xml   (the metadata)

Autosave and autoload have some pretty heavy limitations now. The savestate will only be stored if the folder is writable (no zipped ROMs or readonly network shares).

Also, savestates are not compatible across emulators, so you can't switch emulators without losing your savestate:

This is less than ideal, but I'll address these limitations in the saved game manager. I still haven't decided on the design requirements for the GUI, so let me know if there's anything that shouldn't be left out.

This is why I ask before if you can set a save state (and save game [in-game]) folder. Because I can have my roms in a read-only device (¿cd-rom? very 90's - early 2000's), and, then, you can do a subfolder per-core (like RetroArch does).

For example:

[save state folder]/snes9x/Chrono Trigger (U) [!].sav
[save state folder]/snes9x/Chrono Trigger (U) [!].png
[save state folder]/bsnes/Chrono Trigger (U) [!].sav
[save state folder]/bnes/Chrono Trigger (U) [!].png

But i don't know how metadata fits here.

When you open the game with snes9x he can load [save state folder]/snes9x/[game name things].

But well, you have a more ambicious project (the manager), So if "the manager" will cover all these things, there is no reason to loose time implementing this at this moment. The save-states are one of the most important features, with zip and 7zip rom load. People asked posts ago "what's next" but you corrently have a lot of work until have this launch-ready Big Grin
Hi gamers, trying to play with a SNES game, I get the next error:

Code:
20:59:14.492 T:140300781254720 WARNING: CAddonMgr: 'kodi.game' required by 'game.libretro' is missing. Add-on may not function correctly
20:59:14.492 T:140300781254720   ERROR: Add-on 'game.libretro' is not compatible with Kodi
20:59:14.504 T:140300781254720 WARNING: Unable to resolve: /game.libretro.so.1.0.1 ADDON_GetTypeVersion, reason: /storage/.kodi/addons/game.libretro/game.libretro.so.1.0.
1: undefined symbol: ADDON_GetTypeVersion
20:59:14.504 T:140300781254720   ERROR: Unable to resolve exports from dll /storage/.kodi/addons/game.libretro/game.libretro.so.1.0.1
20:59:18.391 T:140300781254720   ERROR: RetroPlayer: Failed to initialize game.libretro.bsnes-mercury-balanced
21:08:38.829 T:140299078551296   ERROR: DoWork - Direct texture file loading failed for resource://resource.images.recordlabels.white/
21:08:56.139 T:140299614480128   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting
21:09:27.999 T:140300781254720   ERROR: Previous line repeats 3 times.
21:09:27.999 T:140300781254720 WARNING: CAddonMgr: 'kodi.game' required by 'game.libretro' is missing. Add-on may not function correctly
21:09:27.999 T:140300781254720   ERROR: Add-on 'game.libretro' is not compatible with Kodi

I'm using the last Testbuild version of LibreElec for Linux, have I to install a kodi.game add-on? is not included in the current Testbuild versions?

Thanks!
The past month or two has seen a lot of turmoil while rewriting binary add-ons. Whenever a change is made, they must be recompiled. The LE team is waiting for the chaneges to finalize before recompiling all their add-ons. So it'll be some time, possibly weeks, before things stabailize. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Does anyone have another repository with the most up-to-date Libretro Compatibility? The one in LibreELEC repo is 1.0.1.100, the current game addons require 1.0.29.
Thanks!
(2017-07-13, 11:29)efegue Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone have another repository with the most up-to-date Libretro Compatibility? The one in LibreELEC repo is 1.0.1.100, the current game addons require 1.0.29.
Thanks!

Does this answer your prayers? https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2617305
I've uploaded a new mockup for the in-game player manager:

Venture to the Player Manager thread for feedback: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...n=lastpost
(2017-07-15, 00:26)garbear Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-07-13, 11:29)efegue Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone have another repository with the most up-to-date Libretro Compatibility? The one in LibreELEC repo is 1.0.1.100, the current game addons require 1.0.29.
Thanks!

Does this answer your prayers? https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2617305

Prayers answered <3
(2017-07-15, 22:51)efegue Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-07-15, 00:26)garbear Wrote: [ -> ]
Thanks!

Prayers answered <3

Sorry to bust your bubble, but RetroPlayer isn't working yet. There's a black screen, which will be fixed when PR12507 is merged. There's also reports of game.libretro still not loading. I'll look into this when I get a chance.