Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Nexus)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2017-07-15, 23:16)garbear Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-07-15, 22:51)efegue Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-07-15, 00:26)garbear Wrote: [ -> ]Does this answer your prayers? https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2617305

Prayers answered <3

Sorry to bust your bubble, but RetroPlayer isn't working yet. There's a black screen, which will be fixed when PR12507 is merged. There's also reports of game.libretro still not loading. I'll look into this when I get a chance.

Noessss! It's ok Smile

I know u've "heard" this a lot, but thanks a lot for the time you spend in this project.
I've been following your work since the first days, been a long ride, but it's finally merged, yay!
The 'black screen issue has been resolved on recent testbuilds (I use libreelec).

In testing, I have what is hopefully two related and easy questions. (sorry if this is the wrong place or this has been answered)

1. How do I disable the joystick from controlling kodi, only having them control the games. I keep having the rom name and time pop up at the top of the screen. I've tried setting a joystick.xml with 'noop' for the keys, but it doesn't see to take. Any thoughts?

2. I also am having issues with the name rewinding unexpectedly when playing games. I believe it is related to the above, so maybe we can ignore it for now.

As always, thanks gain for all the efforts.
(2017-07-26, 15:37)wallacebw Wrote: [ -> ]1. How do I disable the joystick from controlling kodi, only having them control the games. I keep having the rom name and time pop up at the top of the screen. I've tried setting a joystick.xml with 'noop' for the keys, but it doesn't see to take. Any thoughts?

Kodi actions are controlled by joystick.xml. Setting "noop" for keys should work, I'll look into this. But the real problem is that the ROM name and time staying at the top of the screen. I've also seen this issue with the volume indicator open.

I think I know the root cause. I'll look into this. Thanks for reporting!

(2017-07-26, 15:37)wallacebw Wrote: [ -> ]2. I also am having issues with the name rewinding unexpectedly when playing games. I believe it is related to the above, so maybe we can ignore it for now.

Yes, this is related to the above.
(2017-07-26, 21:27)garbear Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-07-26, 15:37)wallacebw Wrote: [ -> ]1. How do I disable the joystick from controlling kodi, only having them control the games. I keep having the rom name and time pop up at the top of the screen. I've tried setting a joystick.xml with 'noop' for the keys, but it doesn't see to take. Any thoughts?

Kodi actions are controlled by joystick.xml. Setting "noop" for keys should work, I'll look into this. But the real problem is that the ROM name and time staying at the top of the screen. I've also seen this issue with the volume indicator open.

I think I know the root cause. I'll look into this. Thanks for reporting!

(2017-07-26, 15:37)wallacebw Wrote: [ -> ]2. I also am having issues with the name rewinding unexpectedly when playing games. I believe it is related to the above, so maybe we can ignore it for now.

Yes, this is related to the above.

Thanks for researching.

if it helps:

8Bitdo_SNES30_GamePad_16b_8a.xml (in Userdata\addon_data\peripheral.joystick\resources\buttonmaps\xml\linux)
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<buttonmap>
    <device name="8Bitdo SNES30 GamePad" provider="linux" buttoncount="16" axiscount="8">
        <configuration />
        <controller id="game.controller.nes">
            <feature name="a" button="0" />
            <feature name="b" button="1" />
            <feature name="down" axis="+1" />
            <feature name="left" axis="-0" />
            <feature name="right" axis="+0" />
            <feature name="select" button="10" />
            <feature name="start" button="11" />
            <feature name="up" axis="-1" />
        </controller>
        <controller id="game.controller.snes">
            <feature name="a" button="0" />
            <feature name="b" button="1" />
            <feature name="down" axis="+1" />
            <feature name="left" axis="-0" />
            <feature name="leftbumper" button="6" />
            <feature name="right" axis="+0" />
            <feature name="rightbumper" button="7" />
            <feature name="select" button="10" />
            <feature name="start" button="11" />
            <feature name="up" axis="-1" />
            <feature name="x" button="3" />
            <feature name="y" button="4" />
        </controller>
    </device>
</buttonmap>

joystick.xml (in Userdata\keymaps)

Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <joystick>
      <a>noop</a>
      <b>noop</b>
      <x>noop</x>
      <y>noop</y>
      <start>noop</start>
      <back>noop</back>
      <guide>noop</guide>
      <up>noop</up>
      <down>noop</down>
      <right>noop</right>
      <left>noop</left>
      <leftthumb>noop</leftthumb>
      <rightthumb>noop</rightthumb>
      <lefttrigger>noop</lefttrigger>
      <righttrigger>noop</righttrigger>
      <leftbumper>noop</leftbumper>
      <rightbumper>noop</rightbumper>
      <leftstickleft>noop</leftstickleft>
      <leftstickright>noop</leftstickright>
      <leftstickup>noop</leftstickup>
      <leftstickdown>noop</leftstickdown>
      <rightstickleft>noop</rightstickleft>
      <rightstickright>noop</rightstickright>
      <rightstickup>noop</rightstickup>
      <rightstickdown>noop</rightstickdown>
    </joystick>
  </global>
</keymap>
I can't get RetroPlayer to play anything. As soon as I open a NES/SNES or try to configure my joystick, Kodi restart.

I'm using Kodi 18.0 Nightly (#0726, 26-Jul-2017) with LibreElec on a Pi3.

Here's the crashlog.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8lofunmbedup6o...1.log?dl=0
Hello Mr nice Garbear, any updates on navigation sounds using controllers?

Thanks! Big Grin
(2017-07-27, 01:44)Myrandor Wrote: [ -> ]I can't get RetroPlayer to play anything. As soon as I open a NES/SNES or try to configure my joystick, Kodi restart.

Here's the crashlog.

I had a crashing problem with NES using the BNES emulator, try Nestopia. For SNES, Super Famicom (bsnes-mercury Accuracy) works well for me.
(2017-07-27, 01:44)Myrandor Wrote: [ -> ]I can't get RetroPlayer to play anything. As soon as I open a NES/SNES or try to configure my joystick, Kodi restart.

Here's the crashlog.

Kodi is crashing in the function:

Code:
Thread 1 (Thread 0x73ce4010 (LWP 997)):
#0  0x009c3518 in KODI::GAME::CGameServices::GetControllers() ()

Unfortunately there's not enough info in the log for me to know why it's crashing. I'll try to reproduce tonight.

(2017-07-27, 07:13)zaidrockso Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Mr nice Garbear, any updates on navigation sounds using controllers?

Navigation sounds are heavily integrated into the keyboard code. In order for us to have controller sounds, I'd have to rip out all the navigation sounds code and reimplement it at the GUI level. This is a big project and touches a lot of code, so I probably won't be able to tackle it for a while. I've added this to my roadmap for Leia.
(2017-07-27, 14:16)wallacebw Wrote: [ -> ]

Here's the crashlog.

I had a crashing problem with NES using the BNES emulator, try Nestopia. For SNES, Super Famicom (bsnes-mercury Accuracy) works well for me.
What version of milhouse build are you using? When I try to use the mentioned emulators it tells me an addon is disabled and when I try to enable it, unfortunately it tells me it is not compatible to my kodi version! I tried milhouse build #707, #711, #723 and #727

I guess my issue is with libretro compatibility. I habe 1.0.1.100 installed but unfortunately it's marked as disabled and when I try to enable it I get the message that it is not compatible...

When I try to update it tells me libreeelec retroplayer repo provides 1.0.33.102, but when I try to update it gives me the not compatible message again and says "updated" afterwards... But it stays on the old one. Shall I reinstall kodi from scratch or is there some other issue?
(2017-05-13, 18:17)garbear Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-12, 21:13)Eldorado Wrote: [ -> ]Running with latest build on Windows, my htpc has an iMON receiver for my remote control

With the RetroPlayer builds I get a constant iMON device found/added, then a second later it's deleted

This cycle repeats indefinitely causing brief freezes each time, I'm not able to use the remote control at all

I do have an X360 wireless receiver attached but at the time of the log I had not turned on any of the remotes

http://xbmclogs.com/pktnyiwfq

@Eldorado the iMON fix is finally in. Visit Settings -> System -> Input -> Driver settings -> Joystick support to disable the DirectInput driver and see if it fixes things!

FINALLY had a chance to test this on the last windows test build and working very nice, very appreciative of all the work you put into doing just this one feature!

Small thing to note, I couldn't get into System -> Input -> Driver settings -> Joystick, when I click on Driver Settings nothing happens, actually nothing seems to work on that screen atm

I had to go into the joystick addon configuration and turn off DirectInput there

Side question - does disabling DirectInput limit me in any way, such as adding different types of controllers... ?
(2017-07-28, 16:05)linkinsoldier Wrote: [ -> ]When I try to update it tells me libreeelec retroplayer repo provides 1.0.33.102, but when I try to update it gives me the not compatible message again and says "updated" afterwards... But it stays on the old one. Shall I reinstall kodi from scratch or is there some other issue?

I just updated my RPi from a build in april to the latest one, and things work fine. I suggest a reinstall from scratch to rule out the possibility of stale files.
(2017-07-28, 16:08)Eldorado Wrote: [ -> ]FINALLY had a chance to test this on the last windows test build and working very nice, very appreciative of all the work you put into doing just this one feature!

Thanks for giving me a reason to implement the feature Smile it was a huge task, but the code is much better off because of it.

(2017-07-28, 16:08)Eldorado Wrote: [ -> ]Small thing to note, I couldn't get into System -> Input -> Driver settings -> Joystick, when I click on Driver Settings nothing happens, actually nothing seems to work on that screen atm

I just tested, and this works fine on my system.

(2017-07-28, 16:08)Eldorado Wrote: [ -> ]Side question - does disabling DirectInput limit me in any way, such as adding different types of controllers... ?

Obviously it'll prevent the use of DirectInput controllers. XInput is the modern API, so stick with 360-style controllers. I have a logitech controller with a hardware switch that allows changing between XInput and DirectInput.
(2017-07-28, 20:30)garbear Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-07-28, 16:05)linkinsoldier Wrote: [ -> ]When I try to update it tells me libreeelec retroplayer repo provides 1.0.33.102, but when I try to update it gives me the not compatible message again and says "updated" afterwards... But it stays on the old one. Shall I reinstall kodi from scratch or is there some other issue?

I just updated my RPi from a build in april to the latest one, and things work fine. I suggest a reinstall from scratch to rule out the possibility of stale files.
OK thanks, I will try it in the next days!
@garbear: reinstalling did fix the issue (thanks!)y however I know have the big bug, that (as discussed before) the ps3 controller is always mapped as controller 2 (and 1) and therefore it can't be used during play as player 1. Is there any way to change this?
Nope. Hence my work on a new Player Manager window that I started 2 weeks ago. It'll be finished in another week or two.