Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Nexus)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello

First of all im a complete Retroplayer noob, but thought i give it a quick testrun.

I've got a Logitech F710 (which i try to setup via "Settings -> System -> input -> configure attatched controllers)":

- What i noticed first, is that in somecases "left" (trigger, stick, shoulder, or what ever) was the first to configure, in somecases (stick setup) "right" was first (for me a bit confusing, i would prefere to setup always first from right to left (or may vise versa), no mather if i setup a analog stick or the shoulder buttons).
- It also wasnt always clear to me which button to push (is "up", "down", "left", "right" now the analog "cross stick"? -> thuther below is a special analog stick setup?)
- not all imputs where recocnised in controler setup (analog sticks -> right stick setup doesnt accepts inputs.)

Playing games:
- First i start with "2048": - Everytime i hit "left" or "right" on my "analog/cross stick", the Time shows up in gameosd (just during the item movement.) + often the game set itself back, mostly after got one 128 item.

Adding games:
- Trying to add Nintendo64 Roms (.ext -> .v64 or .z64) doesnt work - did also try to zip them, didnt help.
- Did also try to add some ISO's (Wii at first) which didnt work to. EDIT: -> O.K. guess Wii Games rnt supported, and it looks like i have to Rip my old PS1 Games in a different format (BIN/CUE i guess) /EDIT

Artwork?
Back in the days i use "Advanced Launcher" together with some Emulators to play my prefered Games in/with Kodi. In Advanced Launcher it was Possible to search Game Artwork (/scrape Games). Is this also planed for the final Kodi integration? (will there be a Games.db? which holds the Artworks like the one for Videos and Music?) - would be nice to be able to scrape Games Artwork.

mfG.

EDIT: Im on Windows 7 using the latest Retroplayer Build (KodiSetup-20170805-f8b1f0da2a-retroplayer-18alpha1-x86)

EDIT2:
Debug Log -> Link to the Log
I can't speak to the controller issues, but I bet garbear knows exactly what's wrong.

Games db is planned, but will come after most RP features. For now you will have to launch from file explorer. If you want a good-looking interface check out the IARL thread in this subforum.
I know this is probably a silly question, but I just installed the latest build, got everything setup, start a SNES game (using Bsnes Accuracy), and go to my input settings, set my wireless Xbox 360 controller up as the SNES pad (I've been using the controller with Kodi for ages). Under SNES controller setup, it recognizes every key press, but after I'm done and go back into the game (or exit and go back into the game) it never recognizes any input from the controller. Again, controller configuration recognizes Xbox 360 controller, but inside the game, nothing. Any ideas? Latest build, on Asus Intel Chromebox.

It does recognize select+start to exit the game.
Can you post a debug log? The controller might be trying to control 2nd player instead of 1st player. This issue will be fixed when I finish the new Player Manager.
(2017-08-24, 01:33)garbear Wrote: [ -> ]Can you post a debug log? The controller might be trying to control 2nd player instead of 1st player. This issue will be fixed when I finish the new Player Manager.

Here ya go! Debug Log File

Thanks for the help!

EDIT: I do see this before the game is loaded "Failed to open file: /storage/.kodi/addons/game.libretro.bsnes-mercury-accuracy/resources/buttonmap.xml"
Looks like a restart of my chromebox made the button mappings work. It's not working on Sega now, but I assume if I restart it again, it may work like the SNES did.
New builds uploaded. I wrote a new renderer for RetroPlayer, so it's no longer reliant on VideoPlayer for the rendering. The new renderer is fully RGB, so no YUV conversions leading to washed out colors.

Player window and remaining input bugs are still being worked on.
Nice work!

Unfrotunately I get some crashes:

snes9x trying to launch SMW.
PHP Code:
#0  0x00007ffff61ffc29 in glFinish () from /usr/lib/nvidia-340/libGL.so.1
#1  0x00000000012e1849 in KODI::RETRO::CRPRendererOpenGLES::Flush() ()
#2  0x00007fffa256a23b in LIBRETRO::CVideoStream::AddFrame(unsigned char const*, unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int, GAME_PIXEL_FORMAT, GAME_VIDEO_ROTATION) ()

from /home/htpc/kodi-build/addons/game.libretro/game.libretro.so.1.0.33
#3  0x00007fffa255f1b2 in LIBRETRO::CFrontendBridge::VideoRefresh(void const*, unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned long) ()

#4  0x00007fffd0ca99cb in S9xDeinitUpdate (width=256, height=239) at ../libretro/libretro.cpp:1095
#5  0x00007fffd0a9517a in S9xEndScreenRefresh () at ../gfx.cpp:439
#6  0x00007fffd0a37947 in S9xDoHEventProcessing () at ../cpuexec.cpp:509
#7  0x00007fffd0a38317 in Immediate8 (a=JUMP) at ../cpuaddr.h:216
#8  0x00007fffd0a384ac in Relative (a=JUMP) at ../cpuaddr.h:252
#9  0x00007fffd0a48828 in Op30E0 () at ../cpuops.cpp:1557
#10 0x00007fffd0a373c9 in S9xMainLoop () at ../cpuexec.cpp:324
#11 0x00007fffd0ca95a8 in retro_run () at ../libretro/libretro.cpp:961
#12 0x00007fffa2555026 in RunFrame () from /home/htpc/kodi-build/addons/game.libretro/game.libretro.so.1.0.33
#13 0x000000000161e2e4 in KODI::GAME::CGameClient::RunFrame() ()
#14 0x000000000161ad87 in KODI::GAME::CGameClientReversiblePlayback::FrameEvent() ()
#15 0x000000000161bbd0 in KODI::GAME::CGameLoop::Process() ()
#16 0x0000000000e3cdb5 in CThread::Action() ()
#17 0x0000000000e3d00f in CThread::staticThread(void*) ()
#18 0x00007ffff7bc16ba in start_thread (arg=0x7fff7ffff700) at pthread_create.c:333
#19 0x00007ffff0c893dd in clone () at ../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/x86_64/clone.S:109 

ScummVM when exiting from the menu.
PHP Code:
#0  0x00007ffff61ffc29 in glFinish () from /usr/lib/nvidia-340/libGL.so.1
#1  0x00000000012e1849 in KODI::RETRO::CRPRendererOpenGLES::Flush() ()
#2  0x00007fffbb42b23b in LIBRETRO::CVideoStream::AddFrame(unsigned char const*, unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int, GAME_PIXEL_FORMAT, GAME_VIDEO_ROTATION) ()

#3  0x00007fffbb4201b2 in LIBRETRO::CFrontendBridge::VideoRefresh(void const*, unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned long) ()

#4  0x00007fff392af0ae in retro_run () at ../../../../backends/platform/libretro/libretro.cpp:323
#5  0x00007fffbb416026 in RunFrame () from /home/htpc/kodi-build/addons/game.libretro/game.libretro.so.1.0.33
#6  0x000000000161e2e4 in KODI::GAME::CGameClient::RunFrame() ()
#7  0x000000000161ad87 in KODI::GAME::CGameClientReversiblePlayback::FrameEvent() ()
#8  0x000000000161bbd0 in KODI::GAME::CGameLoop::Process() ()
#9  0x0000000000e3cdb5 in CThread::Action() ()
#10 0x0000000000e3d00f in CThread::staticThread(void*) ()
#11 0x00007ffff7bc16ba in start_thread (arg=0x7fff9affd700) at pthread_create.c:333
#12 0x00007ffff0c893dd in clone () at ../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/x86_64/clone.S:109 

Let me know if they help, unfortunately kodi/libretro have debug symbols stripped :-(
Is there a way to pass the keyboard presses through to an emulator (e.g: fuse zx spectrum one) or a way to map the gamepad (xbone-s via bluetooth) to be keyboard presses or kempston. Thx
I'm relatively new to the whole topic. I'm testing the milhouse builds for some days and it looks pretty nice with retroplayer and everything!

Nevertheless I have two problems - but maybe only questions.

First of all, here is my debug log: http://sprunge.us/LDhM

1) I try to play Nintendo World Cup (NES) with 4 controllers. The problem is, if I start the game, I can only select 2 players at maximum. Seems to me that only two of the four attached controllers are recognized. If I unplug two of them, both still attached controllers are working - no matter which ones I unplug. So in principal they should all work correctly, but only two of them seems to be working in parallel. I can use all of them to navigate within kodi when all four are plugged in. Is there any configuration I missed where I can enable all four at same time for gaming or even a chance to define a priority order on the fly, that I can say e.g. I want the simple usb retro SNES controller to be the primary one for this game, or the wirless controller for the next game and so on?

2) If I start a game and press left or right on the controller's cross, there is always a line of text moving in and out at the top of the screen. It contains obviously the storage path where the game is read from and additionally the current time is shown for a moment in the top right corner. Can this be somehow disabled?
(2017-09-01, 10:02)carlo13 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm relatively new to the whole topic. I'm testing the milhouse builds for some days and it looks pretty nice with retroplayer and everything!

Nevertheless I have two problems - but maybe only questions.

First of all, here is my debug log: http://sprunge.us/LDhM

1) I try to play Nintendo World Cup (NES) with 4 controllers. The problem is, if I start the game, I can only select 2 players at maximum. Seems to me that only two of the four attached controllers are recognized. If I unplug two of them, both still attached controllers are working - no matter which ones I unplug. So in principal they should all work correctly, but only two of them seems to be working in parallel. I can use all of them to navigate within kodi when all four are plugged in. Is there any configuration I missed where I can enable all four at same time for gaming or even a chance to define a priority order on the fly, that I can say e.g. I want the simple usb retro SNES controller to be the primary one for this game, or the wirless controller for the next game and so on?

2) If I start a game and press left or right on the controller's cross, there is always a line of text moving in and out at the top of the screen. It contains obviously the storage path where the game is read from and additionally the current time is shown for a moment in the top right corner. Can this be somehow disabled?

Just had a quick look at your log.
Not sure if I'm right, but it seems like you have 4 controllers and 2 of them are "Speedlink torid" and 2 are some generic "USB Gamepad".
Seems like they are recognised as being identical, I think I had this issue at some point way back in time.
Not sure if it is still the case.

Code:
09:35:34.656 T:140532949960448   DEBUG: GetMappingForDevice - device (0000:0000) mapped to  (type = joystick)

Not sure if this is related to the problem, but all of your gamepads are shown as "device (0000:0000)".
@garbear might know the answer straight away Smile
Thank you for your help. Indeed, 2 Speedlink and 2 simple Gamepads.
I checked now all offered NES emulators and I found out, that using Nestopia solve the issue. All others (bnes, QuckNES etc) have this issue that only 2 are recognized.
But I suppose it doesn't go back to the fact that I have two pairs of controllers as if all are plugged in, the two Speedlink are the ones that are working and the 2 gamepads are not recognized. I would guess if that would be the reason, I would have one Speedlink and one USB Gamepad working - but that's not the case

Nevertheless, I can of course live with using Nestopia.So, maybe not really need to look deeper into. Will check some other multiplayer games next days.
Good to hear that you can enjoy it with a different emulator.
Thanks for the report, let us know your experience with the other games you try.
(2017-09-02, 19:33)a1rwulf Wrote: [ -> ]Good to hear that you can enjoy it with a different emulator.
Thanks for the report, let us know your experience with the other games you try.

I tested some more NES multiplayer games. All together have the same behavior/dependency to the emulators. With Nestopia, I can select the maximum amount of 4 players, by using QuickNES I can select two at maximum. bnes and FCEUmm sometimes doesn't work at all or cause kodi crashes. If that is really worth to look into, I can deliver some logs for.
I stick with Nestopia and I am fine with all games I looked into so far.

I have one more thing, I'm little bit struggling with..
Regarding Game Boy (the old black / white one), I checked the game "Tennis". There is an option for 2 player game, I can navigate to the menu option for 2 players but it is not allowing me to select it. I remember the only option to make a two player game with the real gameboy in the past was to connect two of them via cable. Is it maybe therefor a restriction that I cannot select a two player game with any of the emus?
On LibreElec, any time I try to install an emulator I get a dependency error for "kodi.binary.global.main" 1.0.10

I grabbed the build for LibreElec from the OP

I am also seeing visual glitches / flickering (just when idling or doing things)

https://pastebin.com/3LDfTiVi