Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Nexus)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2017-09-04, 14:36)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]On LibreElec, any time I try to install an emulator I get a dependency error for "kodi.binary.global.main" 1.0.10

I grabbed the build for LibreElec from the OP

LibreELEC test builds #0831 and later include a change that unfortunately renders all current binary addons incompatible until they are rebuilt.

Stick with #0830 until the LE games repository is refreshed.
Check. Will install 0830, thanks !
I've rebuilt the retroplayer add-ons for LibreELEC. They are only available for RPi, RPi2, and Generic.
Awesome, cheers Smile
Does it work to update with the latest #905 for you? I can't install the latest libretro addon anymore (.132 is deactivated and. 133 is not able to install). Is this bug known? Funny enough I can play emulation games though...
(2017-09-06, 11:26)linkinsoldier Wrote: [ -> ]Does it work to update with the latest #905 for you? I can't install the latest libretro addon anymore (.132 is deactivated and. 133 is not able to install). Is this bug known? Funny enough I can play emulation games though...

Please post your log.
The secret way to enable the games menu doesn't seem to work for me anymore with the 8/25 build. I hear a nice bling bling sound, but nothing actually happens in the menu. Not sure how far back this goes, as I haven't tried enabling lately.
(2017-09-07, 00:34)natethomas Wrote: [ -> ]The secret way to enable the games menu doesn't seem to work for me anymore with the 8/25 build. I hear a nice bling bling sound, but nothing actually happens in the menu. Not sure how far back this goes, as I haven't tried enabling lately.

I experienced that also at some point in the past. Finally I saw the option to enable it from settings menu: settings->interface->skin->configure skin->main menu items.
Once if I enabled the games addon via "the code" there was an entry for "games" in the main menu items list and i was able to activate from there.

Issue was only once and afterwards with every new clean new installation of LE9 testbuild it worked directly by only entering the code. Simple update didn't help. Maybe you should paste the logs for it when you try to enable it via "the code" only as I think the issue will be gone for you as well as soon as you switch the games menu item on by the settings menu and somebody could be interested in finding out what is the root cause.
(2017-09-06, 22:06)Milhouse Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-09-06, 11:26)linkinsoldier Wrote: [ -> ]Does it work to update with the latest #905 for you? I can't install the latest libretro addon anymore (.132 is deactivated and. 133 is not able to install). Is this bug known? Funny enough I can play emulation games though...

Please post your log.

I had the message "Libretro comaptibility" plugin not compatible the last builds, I posted it also on a different thread and @Milhouse I know you answered on my post. So I think that's the same topic here. I updated to #0906 (coming from #0903) this morning and I still faced "Libretro compatibility" and moreover "Famicon (Nestopia)" plugin not compatible issue when I tried to play NES game. I tried to update them manually and obviously there were updates available that were not automatically applied. Afterwards I was still not able to re-enable Libretro compatibility. It said the same message and the game couldn't be started. I restarted the machine to create a clean log file for you, but "unfortunately" now everything works. No incompatibility message again and the game runs.
General question:

How to use PSX ISOs in Milhouse build?

I setup a folder as source for PSX games with ISOs in it (most bin/cue, some iso). I select one of it in Kodi but get no requester for the to be used emulator. I installed two emulators.
SEGA Genesis no problem with same behavior.
(2017-09-07, 14:59)nexusle Wrote: [ -> ]General question:

I setup a folder as source for PSX games with ISOs in it (most bin/cue, some iso). I select one of it in Kodi but get no requester for the to be used emulator. I installed two emulators.

Iso and bin/cue files are still tied to VideoPlayer, you need to use an advanced settings to decouple the file extensions from video.
Sorry I've been silent for so long guys, I've been working on RetroPlayer's new renderer and it's almost done. I'll upload some builds and address the last week's posts in a while.

(2017-09-07, 14:59)nexusle Wrote: [ -> ]General question:

See instructions at the bottom of the the top post in this thread.
Thanks for the answers! Will try this on evening.
(2017-09-06, 22:06)Milhouse Wrote: [ -> ]

Please post your log.
I tried to make the debug log, but after enabling debug logging and making a reboot I was able to install it... No idea what was the problem before... Sorry!
New build posted. I include a bunch of work from the GSoC project, like a more descriptive video filter dialog:

I also added the hotkey for the volume to the game OSD settings dialog:

The volume button is clickable and opens up a basic slider: