Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Nexus)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2017-10-26, 19:12)ghizzu Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not a programmer and I've never used github before, but I can try. Should I open one issue per core or open a single issue in game.libretro repo or in repository.kodi.game (since the display issues seem somewhat related to the renderer)?

One issue per core would be awesome. Thanks!
I've installed the latest Kodi 18.0alpha nightly build - and installed the the latest (monthly?) alpha of the Retroplayer from this thread, and enabled games with Konami code - but when I try to run a game, Kodi stops.

Looking at dependencies of the emulator I'm trying to use (genesis) it says that game.libretro is unavailable as is resource.games.libretro.restricted

Where do these come from?

EDIT: Sorry, I should add I'm running Kodi on Windows 10
(2017-10-30, 13:48)Abbaskip Wrote: [ -> ]I've installed the latest Kodi 18.0alpha nightly build - and installed the the latest (monthly?) alpha of the Retroplayer from this thread, and enabled games with Konami code - but when I try to run a game, Kodi stops.

Looking at dependencies of the emulator I'm trying to use (genesis) it says that game.libretro is unavailable as is resource.games.libretro.restricted

Where do these come from?

EDIT: Sorry, I should add I'm running Kodi on Windows 10

You don't need both Kodi nightly and Retroplayer installed. Retroplayer is garbear's custom Kodi build. Uninstall and try a clean install of Retroplayer. If you still have problems, post a debug log.
Hi, finally got time to test retro. Great work, not sure if you already discussed but autostart when clicking archive would be great assuming archive name is the same as rom file. Also bringing window to pick emulator should be avoided by selecting default emulator. If it's not selected then show window with emulators.
(2017-11-01, 19:56)zbuzanic Wrote: [ -> ]Also bringing window to pick emulator should be avoided by selecting default emulator. If it's not selected then show window with emulators.

Agreed 100%. Only one problem. How to determine "default emulator"?
It seems to me that the best way would be when you add a rom directory.  It would be the only way to tell the difference between saturn and playstation and other systems that have the same extension.
(2017-11-02, 10:13)garbear Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-11-01, 19:56)zbuzanic Wrote: [ -> ]Also bringing window to pick emulator should be avoided by selecting default emulator. If it's not selected then show window with emulators.

Agreed 100%. Only one problem. How to determine "default emulator"?
On first game start? And add it under Game menu for every emulator. Suggest preffered maybe or that would be too much hassle I guess.

Sent from my D5803
And now the moment you've all been waiting for... drumroll please... Android builds!
Looks pretty interesting, iv'e already installed kodi, i guess i will try this out by myself. Smile
Awesome - looking forward to it!

N64 Emulator (mupen) seems to be gone from repository, or is it just me?
Is using Save/Load from joystick.xml supported?  I notice there are some options using them commented out, but when I did my own edits to enable them they don't seem to be working?
(2017-11-11, 20:45)linkinsoldier Wrote: [ -> ]Awesome - looking forward to it!

N64 Emulator (mupen) seems to be gone from repository, or is it just me?

No N64 support yet, this requires OpenGL support which we don't have ATM. 
(2017-11-11, 22:11)psycho_driver Wrote: [ -> ]Is using Save/Load from joystick.xml supported?  I notice there are some options using them commented out, but when I did my own edits to enable them they don't seem to be working?

No Save/Load commands. Only autosave (every 10 seconds and when the game is closed). When the game is restarted, the save is autoloaded again. Not very flexible, but at least it's better than nothing.

We had a savestate manager with Save/Load commands before (and even 10 slots), but I had to drop it because it depended on Kodi's database code which is in really bad shape. When the new library code is merged (feature_odb branch) then Savestates will be possible again.
Are the new android builds compatible with Minix Neo U1 (S905)? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone
(2017-11-12, 00:18)weppa Wrote: [ -> ]Are the new android builds compatible with Minix Neo U1 (S905)? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone

Only one way to find out...
How do you go about installing on SD using .apk?

Sent from my iPhone