Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Nexus)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2018-02-16, 05:53)garbear Wrote: [ -> ]New builds posted! Bunch of input fixes with zachmorris's feedback.
(2018-02-14, 05:19)xodi Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know how to copy the file, but I can see its content with the Kodi File Manager. The file name is Xbox_Wireless_Controller_v045E_p02FD_11b_1h_6a.xml, the content is:

I've created a pull request for your button map: https://github.com/xbmc/peripheral.joystick/pull/139

I'll get this in tomorrow's nightly so that Xbox One S controllers will work out-of-the-box.  
 Thanks! I tried the new xml file in your PR, and everything works perfect, only the left/right sticks doesn't work in gaming. I tried several games with FBA core, there is no any response for the left/righ stick, but when exiting gaming, the left/right stick works in the Kodi. Do I need set up something special for this?

I just created a share from PC for the ROMS I have, Kodi can see the share and ROMS, but when I tried to play, it said only support local drive, not network share. Is this expected? Why is there such limitation?

The game screen only takes up the middle part of the screen, is there any way to stretch the screen, to make it full screen, like the MAME4droid?
(2018-02-16, 05:53)garbear Wrote: [ -> ]New builds posted! Bunch of input fixes with zachmorris's feedback. 
 Great. It may be a good idea to pinpoit in the release info the last libreelec build in which retroplayer worked (it was #202 I believe). I am patiently waiting for necessary PRs to be merged and libretro.compatibility to sync again. It would help some new users IMO.

(I really want to test all the new stuff you merged and fixed since then. Smile )
(2018-02-16, 08:41)xodi Wrote: [ -> ]the left/right sticks doesn't work in gaming. I tried several games with FBA core, there is no any response for the left/righ stick, but when exiting gaming, the left/right stick works in the Kodi.

This is an input error, which makes sense as I overhauled the entire input system over the last few months. Can you help me reproduce? Which games use analog sticks?
(2018-02-16, 08:41)xodi Wrote: [ -> ]I just created a share from PC for the ROMS I have, Kodi can see the share and ROMS, but when I tried to play, it said only support local drive, not network share. Is this expected? Why is there such limitation?

In our game add-ons wiki page (https://kodi.wiki/view/Game_add-ons#Libretro_cores), you can see a column for "Supports VFS". VFS stands for Virtual File System. This means that the ROM doesn't have to be sitting on the HDD, but can be located in a .zip file, a Windows share, or any of the other million protocols Kodi supports.

The reason why every core doesn't support this is because adding VFS support is an incredibly labor-intensive process. The emulator's source code has to be modified, usually against assumptions baked into the code since day 1. This can require architectural changes, which are never easy, quick or safe. And what's worse, this process has to be repeated for each. and. every. core. I spent several hours working on input for every core, and this took almost three months. VFS support for every core would be worse.

libretro maintains our cores, so if you need VFS support, I recommend you start by asking them.
(2018-02-16, 08:41)xodi Wrote: [ -> ]The game screen only takes up the middle part of the screen, is there any way to stretch the screen, to make it full screen, like the MAME4droid? 

Try settings -> View Mode in the in-game OSD.
(2018-02-16, 13:39)gnaag Wrote: [ -> ]
 Great. It may be a good idea to pinpoit in the release info the last libreelec build in which retroplayer worked (it was #202 I believe). I am patiently waiting for necessary PRs to be merged and libretro.compatibility to sync again. It would help some new users IMO.

(I really want to test all the new stuff you merged and fixed since then. Smile

Expect updated cores within the next 24 hours. Also, heads up, PR:13504 greatly improves performance on the PI.
(2018-02-16, 22:08)garbear Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-02-16, 08:41)xodi Wrote: [ -> ]the left/right sticks doesn't work in gaming. I tried several games with FBA core, there is no any response for the left/righ stick, but when exiting gaming, the left/right stick works in the Kodi.

This is an input error, which makes sense as I overhauled the entire input system over the last few months. Can you help me reproduce? Which games use analog sticks?
I tried 1942.zip and mslug.zip with FBA core, they don't work. The stick is just a convenient way for direction, I don't think this is related with game, is it? I don't know how to open the GAME OSD, I tried all buttons in the controller, none of them can open this OSD.

For the VFS support, just know it needs a lot work, can you point me where is the source for the FBA core and the reference code to add support for VFS?
Looking forward to test the new releases with latest improvements on my RPi3. Can you please make sure that all cores on LE are up to date with kodi-game? Some where missing lately like vice, UAE4arm etc ...
some testing, hoping this can help
no pressure meant at all, even if some things don't work, this is just unbelievable, super thanks to Garbear and everybody else helped....

System:
Code:
uname -a
Linux LibreELEC 4.14.16 #1 SMP Fri Feb 2 21:07:06 GMT 2018 armv7l GNU/Linux
lsb_release 
LibreELEC (Milhouse): devel-20180202210443-#0202-ge56f697 [Build #0202]
I had to revert back to #202 to get emulators to work ...I have also an OSMC Leia which doesn't have emulators working due to the api sync...I will test on that later on

NOTES
game roms are on a nfs share, mounted by KODI for convenience on this SD that I am suing for testing (final setup will have nfs mounted by systemd)
I don't have IARL installed since I have all roms local
controller is a wireless cheap clone:
Code:
input: Gasia Co.,Ltd PS(R) Gamepad as /devices/platform/soc/3f980000.usb/usb1/1-1/1-1.4/1-1.4:1.0/0003:0E8F:0008.0001/input/input0
[    2.082268] hid-generic 0003:0E8F:0008.0001: input,hidraw0: USB HID v1.10 Joystick [Gasia Co.,Ltd PS(R) Gamepad] on usb-3f980000.usb-1.4/input0
I did not customise any specific controller, I used the kodi one...   

ATARI 2600
selecting Centipede.zip opens the zip and gives me the option to start "Centipede (USA).a26"
everything works fine (GREAT !)
I am assuming I am playing with Stella, but this raises a question:
how do i switch between emulators? I tried the "context" button but it just gives me play or add to favourite.
maybe it might help if it reminded you which emulators you have initially set and what other emulators could play that rom
Once finished to play I had to click the "stop playing" on the CEC remote (I tried the select+start combo like in retroarch but that did nothing)

C64
I cannot see the roms
when I am on the server, I can see plenty of .d64 files but none shows up in kodi
I don't think it is an exportfs mistake since I can see those files from other clients accessing the same nfs server

GameBoy
Super Mario.zip opens up and i can paly the .gb file (I am using gambatte)
everything works fine

GameboyColor
I played Q-bert, brought me back some many old memories

Mame / Neogeo
I get the "this game can be played only directly form HD, compressed files must be extracted"

Nintendo64
I tried to play paperboy but I get only  a black screen

SNES
I tried arkanoid with
snes9x - it doenst work
snes9x 2010 - it works (intro audio and effects are distorted and the game is quite slow...)
bsnes perf - it works (same distorted audio and slow ..)

Hope this can help
I will be happy to test more if need

PS. I still have to figure out how to add a player 2 controller

again, thanks a lot for all your work, this is fantastic
(2018-02-17, 03:46)xodi Wrote: [ -> ]I tried 1942.zip and mslug.zip with FBA core, they don't work. The stick is just a convenient way for direction, I don't think this is related with game, is it?

EDIT: See post below

(2018-02-17, 03:46)xodi Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know how to open the GAME OSD, I tried all buttons in the controller, none of them can open this OSD.

The hotkey is View + X on the Xbox One controller. (View is where the Select button on the SNES is.)

You can also hold the Menu button.

How can we make it easier to figure out what this combo is?
(2018-02-17, 03:46)xodi Wrote: [ -> ]For the VFS support, just know it needs a lot work, can you point me where is the source for the FBA core and the reference code to add support for VFS? 

I started this work already. You can see my progress: RetroArch#3715. This was closed because another attempt came along, but I see that one failed. It might be possible to re-use much of this code.

The source FBA file you'll be modifying is https://github.com/libretro/fbalpha/blob...bretro.cpp .

It looks like there's a $70 bounty on this feature: https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/issues/4774
(2018-02-17, 12:57)mcarni Wrote: [ -> ]how do i switch between emulators? I tried the "context" button but it just gives me play or add to favourite.

When you select Play, it shows you a list of emulators that are compatible with the file extension:

If no list is shown, you have one a single compatible emulator. If you want the list to be shown, install more.
(2018-02-17, 12:57)mcarni Wrote: [ -> ]maybe it might help if it reminded you which emulators you have initially set and what other emulators could play that rom

Anything per-ROM requires a database. Kodi's database system is being replaced, and when that's done it will be possible to set emulators per rom.
(2018-02-17, 12:57)mcarni Wrote: [ -> ]Once finished to play I had to click the "stop playing" on the CEC remote (I tried the select+start combo like in retroarch but that did nothing)

RetroPie has documented the hotkeys for RetroArch: https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Set...ad-hotkeys

Actions in Kodi use our Keymap system. This keymap for RetroPlayer is found here: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...k.xml#L157

So select+start should close the game. If it doesn't please post a debug log.

(2018-02-17, 12:57)mcarni Wrote: [ -> ]C64
I cannot see the roms

You must first install an emulator that supports .d64 files. Figure out which libretro core supports .d64 and install that.
(2018-02-17, 12:57)mcarni Wrote: [ -> ]Mame / Neogeo
I get the "this game can be played only directly form HD, compressed files must be extracted"

This ability is called "VFS Support". This is Kodi's virtual file system that makes NFS shares look like a local hard drive. If a core doesn't support this, you will have to move the files to your local hard drive.

Look up your core in this matrix.
(2018-02-17, 12:57)mcarni Wrote: [ -> ]Nintendo64
I tried to play paperboy but I get only  a black screen

N64 requires OpenGL support for the 3D graphics. This is being worked on.
(2018-02-17, 12:57)mcarni Wrote: [ -> ]SNES
I tried arkanoid with
snes9x - it doenst work
snes9x 2010 - it works (intro audio and effects are distorted and the game is quite slow...)
bsnes perf - it works (same distorted audio and slow ..)

Issues with individual misbehaving cores is tracked using GitHub issues. Please open an issue for these cores at https://github.com/kodi-game .
(2018-02-17, 12:57)mcarni Wrote: [ -> ]PS. I still have to figure out how to add a player 2 controller

Can you be more specific?
(2018-02-17, 12:57)mcarni Wrote: [ -> ]Hope this can help
I will be happy to test more if need

Thanks! This is a huge project. We can use all the testing we can get.
(2018-02-17, 03:46)xodi Wrote: [ -> ]I tried 1942.zip and mslug.zip with FBA core, they don't work. The stick is just a convenient way for direction, I don't think this is related with game, is it?

This has been fixed with PR:4 and PR:181. Please report if this is fixed in the next test build.

EDIT: 2018-02-18 build is up.
New builds are up! Check the release notes.

(2017-12-25, 17:46)loktar Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, first of all thanks for the great work. I'm using for the last couple of months the libreelec 18 x86_64 and have noticed that on the arcade games that use six buttons (like SFII) the hard punch button does not works, even if I switch it with other button on config the hard punch does not work. I couldnt track if this is a old issue but so far it still happens, I have downloaded de #1222 release and will test soon. Hope that helps. Sorry for any errors and merry christmas.

@loktar Can you try the latest 2018-02-18 build? This should finally fix input for FBA.
(2018-02-18, 00:21)garbear Wrote: [ -> ]

This has been fixed with PR:4 and PR:181. Please report if this is fixed in the next test build.

Sorry to say, but the left and right sticks still don't work.

EDIT: Is it possible to enable the auto trigger by configuration? It's better if I don't release a button, the action should just repeat without pressing the button quickly again and again. You finger got tired very quickly in the mslug game if you need press button 'A' quickly again and again.
(2018-02-16, 22:10)garbear Wrote: [ -> ]Expect updated cores within the next 24 hours. Also, heads up, PR:13504 greatly improves performance on the PI.
I don't want to push you, but the libreelec cores are still offsync and the new ones (+some old ones such as dosbox) are missing. Are we waiting for some other PR to be merged?

Except that. I have been going through kodi-game github and I accidentaly found something that looks like a typo in game.libretro.pcsx-rearmed repo ingame.libretro.pcsx-rearmed/game.libretro.pcsx-rearmed/resources/buttonmap.xml
Quote:<controller id="game.controller.ps.gamepad" type="RETOR_DEVICE_JOYPAD">

and

<controller id="game.controller.ps.dualanalog" type="RETOR_DEVICE_ANALOG">

Shouldn't it be
Quote:<controller id="game.controller.ps.dualanalog" type="RETRO_DEVICE_JOYPAD">
and
<controller id="game.controller.ps.dualanalog" type="RETRO_DEVICE_ANALOG">

I have checked in other core repositories and there is RETRO instead of RETOR on similar places.

I have created a github issue #11 for this.
(2018-02-18, 19:51)gnaag Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-02-16, 22:10)garbear Wrote: [ -> ]Expect updated cores within the next 24 hours. Also, heads up, PR:13504 greatly improves performance on the PI.
I don't want to push you, but the libreelec cores are still offsync and the new ones (+some old ones such as dosbox) are missing. Are we waiting for some other PR to be merged?
In today's LE from Milhouse  (0217) libretro-compatibility is still the old version 1.0.33.105, which doesn't work since LE 0202
Please update, so we can test and report issues Wink
Keep up the good work *thumbsup*
(2018-02-18, 04:31)xodi Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-02-18, 00:21)garbear Wrote: [ -> ]

Sorry to say, but the left and right sticks still don't work. 

FBA doesn't emulate analog sticks. Arcade machines had digital joysticks, so FBA only uses the D-pad.

Before release, I plan to add surjective mapping (e.g. both the D-pad and analog stick map to FBA's D-pad).

For now, you'll have to trick Kodi by mapping the analog stick to the D-pad. Open the in-game OSD and go to Settings -> Input Settings. On the right, scroll to the directions (Up, Right, Down, Left). Start mapping, and when prompted for directions use the analog stick. If you still want the D-pad to control Kodi, scroll to the Left Stick button and map the D-pad to the four directions.

If you need help using the controller configuration utility, see https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Configure_controllers
(2018-02-18, 04:31)xodi Wrote: [ -> ]EDIT: Is it possible to enable the auto trigger by configuration?

This is called "turbo". It was first requested in 2016. Haven't done it yet, but it wouldn't be hard to add. Can you suggest repeat rates that would work well in games?