Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Nexus)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
You tried every build from #0402->#0523?
As 402 is already ~2 months old, can you try the latest nightly #0523 and see if it's still happening?
(2018-05-25, 13:45)a1rwulf Wrote: [ -> ]You tried every build from #0402->#0523?
As 402 is already ~2 months old, can you try the latest nightly #0523 and see if it's still happening?
 I tried a bunch of them and narrowed it down to #0402 (#0401 and some previous builds worked, #0402 and everything up failed). #0522 was the latest I tried, but I think I am going to go back to Krypton for the timebeing and use one of the game addons until Beta
I have posted this same issue in the LibreELEC thread twice and have gotten no response.
(2018-05-27, 05:46)quig Wrote: [ -> ]I have posted this same issue in the LibreELEC thread twice and have gotten no response.

Its the same answer as on all other occasions when binary add-ons are broken - you'll need to wait until they're rebuilt. Using bleeding edge builds with a multitude of binary add-ons that are updated on a different cadence is always going to result in periods where the binary add-ons are broken and incompatible with the main LE or Kodi binary. Every once in a while the binary add-ons will be updated, and they'll work until the next API change in Kodi. I'm responsible for the main LE build that I publish, but I don't have the time or bandwidth to ensure that random binary add-ons are updated and compatible. Remember this is alpha quality code where things can and will break, and it's not always obvious when add-ons will be fixed (I have no control over when binary add-ons are updated).
New builds posted. I haven't had much time for Kodi the last two months, so not much has changed. I figure I'd at least update to master and do another round.
Unfortunately, these Windows builds seem to have the same issues that plague Retroplayer since some months: jerky audio/video and shifted screen on some cores. I'm curious: are these Windows-only problems?
You're right, windows is in really bad shape. I'll put some time into this and see if I can get it up to par with the other platforms.
I tracked down the timing issue in Windows. Time in Windows is notoriously inaccurate. When we added UWP support in November, our Windows timer went from a 5ms error to a 15ms error (a problem when you have 16ms frames). I replaced this timer with one that is hopefully accurate to the ms.

New round of builds including this fix (and a major RetroPlayer refactor in preparation for zero-copy) have been uploaded.
Curious issue I've been having for a number of versions now (Windows 7).  Seems any time I try to launch a zipped ROM, no matter the ROM or platform, it crashes Kodi.  Every time without fail.  If I unzip it first and launch the unzipped version, it loads just fine.  This has been happening for a while now, I was hoping new builds would fix it, but it won't go away so I figured I'd mention it.  It has also survived across clean installs too, so I'm not sure what's causing it if no-one else is having the problem.  I even tried different zip programs to see if the issue stemmed from the software used to zip the ROMs in the first place, but it didn't help.  Any ideas?

Debug Log: https://www.pastefs.com/pid/58303

Not sure it's going to be much help as it seems to end before the crash happens, like it crashes before it has a chance to write anything to the log.

The stacktrace is as follows, dunno if you need it really:

Thread 10220 (process 8880)
# 0

I have a crashlog too, if that would help, except it's not a text file and I'm not sure how you'd want me to submit that.

Edit: I have a laptop running Windows 10 that has no problem opening zipped ROMs, so it must be local to this machine.  Not sure what, but I'll see what I can do to troubleshoot it.
Games run smoother indeed, but now colors are completely wrong, like 4 colors screens... (all cores)
(2018-06-02, 02:16)longelf Wrote: [ -> ]Seems any time I try to launch a zipped ROM, no matter the ROM or platform, it crashes Kodi.

Debug Log: https://www.pastefs.com/pid/58303

Edit: I have a laptop running Windows 10 that has no problem opening zipped ROMs, so it must be local to this machine.  Not sure what, but I'll see what I can do to troubleshoot it.

Let me know what you find. I'll try to reproduce on my end. Thanks for reporting.
(2018-06-02, 11:57)ghizzu Wrote: [ -> ]Games run smoother indeed, but now colors are completely wrong, like 4 colors screens... (all cores)

Can you post a screenshot and a debug log?
Oh, that's strange. In the images resulting from the screenshots (Ctrl+S in Kodi) the colors are perfect! So, I made photos of my TV instead:
Snes9x

Nestopia

VBA-Next (with the infamous shifted lines effect)

and here is the log:
https://pastebin.com/sS5WF3kK
Can you try removing userdata and running from scratch? VideoPlayer is seeing a lot of changes dealing with color, so I wonder if something got crossed over to RetroPlayer.

I've tracked down the line of source code that causes the shifted lines effect. Next time I'm on windows I'll look into this problem.
(2018-06-03, 08:28)garbear Wrote: [ -> ]Can you try removing userdata and running from scratch? VideoPlayer is seeing a lot of changes dealing with color, so I wonder if something got crossed over to RetroPlayer.
Done. Nothing changed.
Tried the 5/6/2018. Colors are correct again, games are smooth (with the occasional audio crackles) but the shifted lines on GBA cores are still there.