Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Nexus)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-05-15, 16:20)brucem Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-05-15, 15:57)OmniBlade Wrote: [ -> ]Currently you need to build it from source from garbear's git repo, then build the libreto cores and addon.xml files for them, bundle them up correctly in a zip and install them as though they were addons.

Thanks Omni Blade, helpful
MasterPhW - having a tough day? You want to talk about it?

brucem,

RetroPlayer is not ready for full release yet. It's still in production. If you're unable to compile it from source or install the test builds, it's not for you. Wait for it to be finalized or go on a steady release cycle. It may be included in XBMC 14.
Thanks, next time I need a school teacher or a mommy I'll let you know. Maybe I just needed a pointer to the git branch and build sequence...
Quote:XBMC isn't detecting the controller. do you have drivers installed? does this controller work on other apps? The crash looks like a bug in how we handle certain libretro calls. This should be fixed with the new Game API in RetroPlayer Gotham.

I figured out what the problem was, my SNES 7$ Crap controller broke. I have to buy a new one on amazon -_-.. Bought a better quality one this time.
(2014-05-15, 20:46)dyslecix Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:XBMC isn't detecting the controller. do you have drivers installed? does this controller work on other apps? The crash looks like a bug in how we handle certain libretro calls. This should be fixed with the new Game API in RetroPlayer Gotham.

I figured out what the problem was, my SNES 7$ Crap controller broke. I have to buy a new one on amazon -_-.. Bought a better quality one this time.

Not to get too far off topic, but what did you buy? Trying to replace my xb360... buttons are too clunky
(2014-05-17, 17:20)d3mncln3r Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-05-15, 20:46)dyslecix Wrote: [ -> ]

Not to get too far off topic, but what did you buy? Trying to replace my xb360... buttons are too clunky

For SNES games, I bought the Buffalo SNES controller here: http://www.amazon.com/Buffalo-Classic-US...controller
Supposedly it's the best third party SNES controller (for PC)
Alright, guys my new SnES controller came in and i got an xbmc log, which is here: http://pastebin.com/DEMJHXBD
would someone mind helping me out on how to set this thing up, much appreciated.
Just: NOTICE: Initialize: Enabled Joystick: "USB,2-axis 8-button gamepad " (Linux Joystick API)

Is just like mine (altough mine is not from snes, but it exposes as 2-axis 8-button also). Seems you have the same problem as me, you will get the buttons working but not the digital pad (because is exposed as 2-axis and there is a bug now around that topic and garbear is just rewriting joystick / axes code just now)

From mine:
03:53:10 T:3740 NOTICE: CJoystickDX::EnumJoysticksCallback: Enabled Joystick: "USB 2-Axis 8-Button Gamepad" (DirectInput)
03:53:10 T:3740 NOTICE: CJoystickDX::EnumJoysticksCallback: Total Axes: 2 Total Hats: 0 Total Buttons: 8

It recognizes buttons:
03:53:40 T:3740 DEBUG: Joystick 0 button 8 pressed
03:53:40 T:3740 DEBUG: -> RetroPlayerInput: Controller=0, button down=8, Action JoypadStart, id=3

But unfourtunatelly not axes.... is that your case?
(2014-05-15, 17:42)MXIIA Wrote: [ -> ]It may be included in XBMC 14.

I sincerely hope so. Is there anyway we could know if this will be the case though?
(2014-05-18, 00:28)Astharoth Wrote: [ -> ]Just: NOTICE: Initialize: Enabled Joystick: "USB,2-axis 8-button gamepad " (Linux Joystick API)

Is just like mine (altough mine is not from snes, but it exposes as 2-axis 8-button also). Seems you have the same problem as me, you will get the buttons working but not the digital pad (because is exposed as 2-axis and there is a bug now around that topic and garbear is just rewriting joystick / axes code just now)

From mine:
03:53:10 T:3740 NOTICE: CJoystickDX::EnumJoysticksCallback: Enabled Joystick: "USB 2-Axis 8-Button Gamepad" (DirectInput)
03:53:10 T:3740 NOTICE: CJoystickDX::EnumJoysticksCallback: Total Axes: 2 Total Hats: 0 Total Buttons: 8

It recognizes buttons:
03:53:40 T:3740 DEBUG: Joystick 0 button 8 pressed
03:53:40 T:3740 DEBUG: -> RetroPlayerInput: Controller=0, button down=8, Action JoypadStart, id=3

But unfourtunatelly not axes.... is that your case?

When I tried playing a game it didn't respond to any button presses, so Idk.. I'm relatively new to this.
Ah, okey okey.

First u will need your keymap (just to asign actions to the buttons / keys)

This is a generic xml (which can be place on system\keymaps or per user config on keymaps).

Code:
<keymap>
    <global>
        <joystick name="USB 2-Axis 8-Button Gamepad">
            <button id="1">Select</button>
            <button id="2">Back</button>
            <button id="3">PreviousMenu</button>
            <button id="4">JoypadY</button>
            <button id="5">JoypadL</button>
            <button id="6">JoypadR</button>
            <button id="8">JoypadSelect</button>
            <button id="7">JoypadStart</button>
            <axis id="1" limit="-1">Left</axis>
            <axis id="1" limit="1">Right</axis>
            <axis id="2" limit="-1">Up</axis>
            <axis id="2" limit="1">Down</axis>
        </joystick>
    </global>
    <FullscreenGame>
            <button id="1">JoypadA</button>
            <button id="2">JoypadB</button>
            <button id="3">JoypadX</button>
            <button id="7">JoypadSelect</button>
            <button id="8">JoypadStart</button>
            <axis id="1" limit="-1">JoypadLeft</axis>
            <axis id="1" limit="1">JoypadRight</axis>
            <axis id="2" limit="-1">JoypadUp</axis>
            <axis id="2" limit="1">JoypadDown</axis>
        </joystick>
    </FullscreenGame>    
</keymap>

As u see, in global, i set the axis to map "up/down/left/right" actions, so, i can navigate xbmc with the dpad... and in full screen axis are remaped to joypad actions (this is the part who fails because it seems is not working at the moment)

Try it, if u can navigate xbmc with pad but in game there is no response to movement (but buttons works okey) you're on the same boat like me Big Grin
Build XBMC on SteamOS (Debian 7) for x64 bit, Libretro addons disabled themselves because they didn't have the proper dependencies. Any ideas?
(2014-05-18, 17:28)Astharoth Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, okey okey.

First u will need your keymap (just to asign actions to the buttons / keys)

This is a generic xml (which can be place on system\keymaps or per user config on keymaps).

Code:
<keymap>
    <global>
            <button id="1">Select</button>
            <button id="2">Back</button>
            <button id="3">PreviousMenu</button>
            <button id="8">JoypadSelect</button>
            <button id="7">JoypadStart</button>
            <axis id="1" limit="-1">Left</axis>
            <axis id="1" limit="1">Right</axis>
            <axis id="2" limit="-1">Up</axis>
            <axis id="2" limit="1">Down</axis>
        </joystick>
    </global>
    <FullscreenGame>
            <button id="1">JoypadA</button>
            <button id="2">JoypadB</button>
            <button id="3">JoypadX</button>
            <button id="7">JoypadSelect</button>
            <button id="8">JoypadStart</button>
            <axis id="1" limit="-1">JoypadLeft</axis>
            <axis id="1" limit="1">JoypadRight</axis>
            <axis id="2" limit="-1">JoypadUp</axis>
            <axis id="2" limit="1">JoypadDown</axis>
        </joystick>
    </FullscreenGame>    
</keymap>

As u see, in global, i set the axis to map "up/down/left/right" actions, so, i can navigate xbmc with the dpad... and in full screen axis are remaped to joypad actions (this is the part who fails because it seems is not working at the moment)

Try it, if u can navigate xbmc with pad but in game there is no response to movement (but buttons works okey) you're on the same boat like me Big Grin

I did what you said, and it still does not work in-game, nor does it work in the OE UI. Also, why are your button labels different, in my log they say the button names are Trigger, ThumbBtn, ThumbBtn2, TopBtn, TopBtn2, PinkieBtn, BaseBtn, BaseBtn2?
(2014-05-18, 21:24)moocow1452 Wrote: [ -> ]Build XBMC on SteamOS (Debian 7) for x64 bit, Libretro addons disabled themselves because they didn't have the proper dependencies. Any ideas?

probably because they depend on retroplayer's newest feature, xbmc game add-ons (independent of but backwards compatible with libretro add-ons). soon I'll update the repo with compatible add-ons, keep an eye on this subforum
much progress has been made. add-ons are now entirely generated by the scripts at https://github.com/garbear/repository.libretro . When i've tested the emulators and fixed the most obvious bugs, i'll post test builds for everyone to try
(2014-05-19, 11:06)garbear Wrote: [ -> ]much progress has been made. add-ons are now entirely generated by the scripts at https://github.com/garbear/repository.libretro . When i've tested the emulators and fixed the most obvious bugs, i'll post test builds for everyone to try

Neat. Tried to do it myself, it tripped in the first couple seconds on...

Code:
======================================================================
ERROR: test_create_release (__main__.TestCreateRelease)
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "src/create_release.py", line 73, in test_create_release
    CreateRelease()
  File "src/create_release.py", line 34, in CreateRelease
    libretroSuper.CloneIfNotValid()
  File "/home/desktop/repository.libretro/src/release_creator/libretro_super.py", line 125, in CloneIfNotValid
    if os.path.exists(self._repoDir):
AttributeError: LibretroSuper instance has no attribute '_repoDir'

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ran 1 test in 0.002s

FAILED (errors=1)

Which I guess is a consiquence of pushing the finished cores in your git?