Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Nexus)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@garbear, any plans on rebasing your RetroPlayer ontop of upstream Kodi 14.0 (Helix) RC code for newer test builds?

https://github.com/garbear/xbmc

or will you wait for Kodi 14.0 (Helix) final?

Just looking for some updated Christmas holiday entertainment for the family on the main living-room HTPC Wink
ATM input is crippled by Kodi's poor joystick handling. I patched things up for RetroPlayer Gotham, but there are still many problems.

A much better system is in the works. Effort that I could spend rebasing the broken code is better spent on the new system and getting it ready in the near future.

All my new work is based on Helix. When I get joysticks working, I'll apply the rest of RetroPlayer on Helix and chug out releases for Win, Linux, OSX, OpenELEC, and possibly RPi. Releases probably won't be out by the holidays, but I'm working to get installers out in the next few weeks.
So excited for this release! I've been following this development with great excitement.

Really hoping for a RPi build Smile.
Looking forward to this. If you need an OpenElec (generic) user to test... Wink
Also looking forward to this, hopefully working on OpenELEC and my Cubox-i4!
I'm also looking forward to this. If not asking for too much can someone point me to the latest version of retroplayer (any branch) that is supposed to compile? Using Arch x64.
Tried to compile the link provided by airwolf in the n64 emulator thread but realized the latest commit was from 2 years ago, and it just didn't compile. If there is something more recent that compiles fine without much hassle I'd be very thankfull.

Keep up
You have to switch branches. https://github.com/a1rwulf/xbmc/tree/lib...-analogfix this one is 7 days old. I don't know if it compiles though. Mostly developers work on one platform only so compilation for other platforms is not always certain Wink
this branch does compile, at least for me - under archlinux x64.
for n64 to work you need opengl via glx (and the n64 core compoled from recent sources).
the biggest problem for me currently is that the analog axes do not work properly.
in this branch i tried to get a quick fix but only thing i got to work was driving in one direction in mario kart.
i stopped working on this input issue because garbear is reworking it entirely, thus all effort is a waste of time at this point.
until input is ready i try to get further with all the libretro-gl stuff.
Yeap this one did compile! I'd to disable cec in the makefile but it worked (and works) fine Smile
This is so awesome it hurts.
Thanks
Hi there. I just learned about retroplayer and wanted to give it a try, but your link to the windows build in the op goes no where. Is there an updated link to give this a try?
Sorry, no link yet - but I'm working on it! The controller configuration utility from the front page replaces a LOT of broken code, and at this point it's less work to get the configuration utility in a working state than getting the broken code working on the newest version of kodi.

To rush things along, I've limited the scope of the controller support and I'll release a test installer when Xbox360-like controllers work out-of-the-box and virtually all controllers on linux detected through SDL work out-of-the-box. DirectInput, the raw linux joystick API, and android controllers will make it in after I release the test installer.
(2015-01-19, 04:31)garbear Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, no link yet - but I'm working on it! The controller configuration utility from the front page replaces a LOT of broken code, and at this point it's less work to get the configuration utility in a working state than getting the broken code working on the newest version of kodi.

To rush things along, I've limited the scope of the controller support and I'll release a test installer when Xbox360-like controllers work out-of-the-box and virtually all controllers on linux detected through SDL work out-of-the-box. DirectInput, the raw linux joystick API, and android controllers will make it in after I release the test installer.
So this will be coming to android?!?!? Smile
you bet Wink
Will there be a windows version aswell? I would love to test, the last version is already kinda old and a lot of fixes has never seen the windows world.
Also - it could be kinda early to ask this, but - will this new release be based on nightly code (bugfix 14.1) or the stable 14.0 Kodi Helix code?