Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Nexus)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok thanks for your help Smile
yes n64 is special - not sure how it will work for windows.
Right now, I'm willing to rebase onto garbear's latest work and get it running on osx too.

@Montellese Does windows use OpenGL or is it DirectX? (Never looked into windows as of now)
It uses DirectX 11. There used to be an OpenGL version but nobody maintained it for years so it was dropped.
mhm - that will be quite a problem for n64 on windows as libretro does not support DirectX afaik.
Did anyone test the current state on linux?
I've just compiled https://github.com/garbear/xbmc/commit/9...c1b11307a9
I did also compile the binary addons with the command I was used to recently:
make -C tools/depends/target/binary-addons PREFIX=$HOME/kodi ADDONS="peripheral.joystick"

I can control kodi quite fine with my xbox360 controller, but when it comes down to emulation the joystick still seems to control kodi.
Anyone else having this issue?
Did you manually configure your controller (press T) for the NES emulator? The same happened to me when I didn't configure it at all or when I only configured the generic controller mapping.
Seems it doesn't matter if I configure my controller manually or not.
Tried following szenarios on my archlinux system:

Using xbox360 controller:
* configuration does never stop - I map all the buttons and it's looping until I unplug my controller and press ESC on the keyboard
* plugin the controller again - when launching a game it still does not handle the input

Using keyboard of my notebook:
* configuration utility works like expected
* launching a game - game still does not get my input

I will look into this matter on my own - but wanted to ask wether anybody has similar issues to make sure it is not caused as a result of personal failure Smile
This weird things happen to me for quite a while and I tried to get a debug build of all the binary addons to debug them and got caught with troubles building the standalone versions.
So hopefully I'm able to find out what's going on in my system now.
Any updates guys?
(2015-07-22, 00:35)a1rwolf Wrote: [ -> ]I can control kodi quite fine with my xbox360 controller, but when it comes down to emulation the joystick still seems to control kodi.
Anyone else having this issue?

I do, on my windows build, moving the left stick to the left rewinds the game. Also, I set the A & B button to 360's A & X, and if I press the B button ingame it will close the game. Its like the kodi 360 default is still working on buttons not used on the nes configuration.

Would like an option to make the joystick also emulate the d-pad, since the 360 one is horrid.
Just a tiny bump, since I noticed a new Windows build is up Smile
yea, not much has changed, just fixed two bugs. there's still some input stuff that i'm looking into
I'm still getting that 5 sec glitch, could very well be my computer though. Is anyone else?
Yep, i also still had them after the update.
I reinstalled it over the previous retroplayer installation. Without cleaning userdata directory.
"freezing every 5 seconds" moved from CHANGELOG to KNOWN ISSUES in OP. I'll look into this next time i'm working on joystick input
I've taken a look at the freezing and at happens when I comment out XInput handling and use my Bluetooth Wireless Controller but it doesn't happen when I comment out DirectInput handling and use my Xbox 360 Wireless Controller so it must be related to the DirectInput implementation. I'll try to figure out more.