Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Nexus)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Are there any ".img" files out there with retro player already compiled into kodi so I could throw it on a USB stick and install? I'm not very good with Linux. Looking for one for Openelec, generic - going to install it on my Intel NUC.
(2016-01-17, 13:33)GOOCHY Wrote: [ -> ]Are there any ".img" files out there with retro player already compiled into kodi so I could throw it on a USB stick and install? I'm not very good with Linux. Looking for one for Openelec, generic - going to install it on my Intel NUC.

Hi Goochy,
Just install a generic Kodi OpenElec build (look into the normal installation wiki for instructions) and then add your Intel NUC by its local IP-address as a samba network drive from a different computer. You can connect to the "update" folder and in there you copy the provided .tar file from the first post. It should automatically install the update after reboot.

Regards,
Rollingstone
@Rollingstone @GOOCHY the update route doesn't work as the newer retroplayer OE builds have a larger system partition than the normal ones. I'm going to try expanding my partition with gparted.
If anyone has any suggestions on fixing that issue, or possibly a link to a img with fewer emus packaged so it's smaller?
expanding the system partition fixed the ability to use the update method (you have to move the storage partition first) teh only problem i have is the joystick addon is missing from the last setup I dl'd
New builds uploaded for Generic and RPi2

I've now split the addons into a repo and they must be installed manually from the new repo.

Generic now has the nvidia multi backport so it is safe to update the the Generic build from a Nvidia_legacy build.
(2016-01-15, 07:30)garbear Wrote: [ -> ]OK, erratic behavior seems to be fixed. New builds have been posted.

Alright, fantastic work. Just tested out the Windows build and the erratic behaviour is completely gone. I can configure the XBox 360 wireless controller without any problems, and it continues to control Kodi normally after exiting the configuration window. The only issue I had was when playing a game, then pressing the Guide button to pause the game and switch back to Kodi, I couldn't navigate in Kodi any longer until I had quit the game entirely. To do that, I had to use the Tab key on the keyboard to regain functionality for the keyboard cursor keys. Once I had selected the Stop icon and pressed Enter, I could control Kodi again.

Oh, and I now have Yatse control back on my Android phone, so thanks for that too.

Awesome!
(2016-01-17, 04:34)TheMaskedMan Wrote: [ -> ]lrusak: Would it be possible to have builds for Nvidia_Legacy (ie. for ION)?

Thanks!

I have backported nvidia multi support to this branch, so now you can use the Generic build instead of Nvidia_Legacy build

(2016-01-17, 12:19)Solo0815 Wrote: [ -> ]How did you compile these?
Can I checkout your repo: https://github.com/lrusak/OpenELEC.tv/tr...enelec-6.0 Branch: retroplayer-openelec-6.0
and compile a build for WetekPlay by myself like a regular build of OE or do I have to do something else?

I have now uploaded a WeTek_Play build.
(2016-01-18, 01:41)longelf Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, and I now have Yatse control back on my Android phone, so thanks for that too.

Got ahead of myself slightly there, it seems the volume controls aren't working as expected in Yatse. Mute works fine, the volume up and down keys do bring up the volume slider on screen, but do not actually adjust the volume at all. Close though!
Hey!
I just tried OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64-6.0-retroplayer-20160118045753-r21784-gda8c8a0.tar and had a few freezes with it: http://sprunge.us/QAAD and http://sprunge.us/aOLM

Also the input configuration is quite bumpy: When I want to start setting up the N64 controller layout I press "Enter" on the keyboard it always skips the A button (as if I pressed enter twice). Same goes for "X" on the PS3 controller.
When I managed to set it up somewhat properly and I start a game in mupen64plus I cannot use the set controls since kodi reacts to them as if I was in video mode or something.
(2016-01-18, 01:41)longelf Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-15, 07:30)garbear Wrote: [ -> ]OK, erratic behavior seems to be fixed. New builds have been posted.

Alright, fantastic work. Just tested out the Windows build and the erratic behaviour is completely gone. I can configure the XBox 360 wireless controller without any problems, and it continues to control Kodi normally after exiting the configuration window. The only issue I had was when playing a game, then pressing the Guide button to pause the game and switch back to Kodi, I couldn't navigate in Kodi any longer until I had quit the game entirely. To do that, I had to use the Tab key on the keyboard to regain functionality for the keyboard cursor keys. Once I had selected the Stop icon and pressed Enter, I could control Kodi again.

Oh, and I now have Yatse control back on my Android phone, so thanks for that too.

Awesome!
Hi What version of windows are you running, im on 10 and I've been trying for a while .windows sees it and all tests show the controller working but I can't get it to be seen in KODI
Hey!
At first i will thank you for all the work you spend in this project.
Today i tested since a whil the new version of kodi on my rpi 2. I really don't what i'am doing wrong but i cant use my controller which a want to use.
It is a Logitech Rumblepad 2 which is set up in retroplayer as a joystick. But if i want to set up the keys for the different controller or by using the controller in kodi it doesn't work. I only can use the remote from my TV.
What i'am doing wrong?
Thanks for help.
(2016-01-18, 20:04)motamas Wrote: [ -> ]Hey!
Today i tested since a whil the new version of kodi on my rpi 2. I really don't what i'am doing wrong but i cant use my controller which a want to use.
It is a Logitech Rumblepad 2 which is set up in retroplayer as a joystick. But if i want to set up the keys for the different controller or by using the controller in kodi it doesn't work. I only can use the remote from my TV.
What i'am doing wrong?
Thanks for help.

I currently have the same issue on my RPi2. I'll ask garbear what he needs to look into it.
(2016-01-18, 20:06)lrusak Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-18, 20:04)motamas Wrote: [ -> ]Hey!
What i'am doing wrong?
Thanks for help.

I currently have the same issue on my RPi2. I'll ask garbear what he needs to look into it.

Debug logs please.

(2016-01-18, 01:41)longelf Wrote: [ -> ]The only issue I had was when playing a game, then pressing the Guide button to pause the game and switch back to Kodi, I couldn't navigate in Kodi any longer until I had quit the game entirely. To do that, I had to use the Tab key on the keyboard to regain functionality for the keyboard cursor keys. Once I had selected the Stop icon and pressed Enter, I could control Kodi again.

I'll look into this.

(2016-01-18, 16:33)longelf Wrote: [ -> ]Got ahead of myself slightly there, it seems the volume controls aren't working as expected in Yatse. Mute works fine, the volume up and down keys do bring up the volume slider on screen, but do not actually adjust the volume at all.

This should be fixed in the next round of builds.

(2016-01-18, 17:53)Mettbrot Wrote: [ -> ]I just tried OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64-6.0-retroplayer-20160118045753-r21784-gda8c8a0.tar and had a few freezes with it: http://sprunge.us/QAAD and http://sprunge.us/aOLM

It looks like those freezes are in Mupen64. N64 support is still highly experimental. Can you try different plugins in Mupen64's add-on settings?

(2016-01-18, 17:53)Mettbrot Wrote: [ -> ]Also the input configuration is quite bumpy: When I want to start setting up the N64 controller layout I press "Enter" on the keyboard it always skips the A button (as if I pressed enter twice). Same goes for "X" on the PS3 controller.
When I managed to set it up somewhat properly and I start a game in mupen64plus I cannot use the set controls since kodi reacts to them as if I was in video mode or something.

I can't reproduce this since the erratic behavior went away. Is it still an issue? Can you post a debug log?

(2016-01-18, 19:41)flipside101 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi What version of windows are you running, im on 10 and I've been trying for a while .windows sees it and all tests show the controller working but I can't get it to be seen in KODI

Can you post a debug log?
I know this has been asked before,but I haven't seen anything mentioned in a while.

Is there any news at all on the android version?

Apart from "its not ready yet"