Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Nexus)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-05-20, 11:02)petanque Wrote: [ -> ]You could try to rename SYSTEM to LibreELEC.img128
it worked last time i used OpenELEC.
Source: https://github.com/maxnet/berryboot/issues/161

Thanks for this hint. I will try this on weekend and hopefully i don's need a linux desktop Big Grin
(2016-05-20, 10:27)flipside101 Wrote: [ -> ]I've gone into irusaks repository - game addons - emulators and tried to enable them but they are listed as incompatible - logs - http://xbmclogs.com/pdjv7f0pu

Sent from my D5803

I have reports that starting fresh fixes this. Do a reset / wipe userdata and the problem should go away
It did, however it also disabled my USB ir remote and Bluetooth keyboard, I tried millhouses test LE8 builds and had the same issue, restoring my back up fixed the remote issue but broke the game addon. I've got to get some time to flash back and forth to see if I (or more clued up people) can figure a fix for one or other of the issues.

As this looks happens on a Standard LE8 build I'm going to report updates in millhouses three in the kids Linux forum for now

Sent from my SGP512
New build, new bugfixes
A few things have jumped out at me immediately, presented here in the order in which I tried them...

1. Kore remote - up/down/left/right no longer work for skipping in the videoplayer. They work fine for navigation

2. Yatse remote - When navigating Kodi, right=up and left=right, when using in videoplayer right=large skip forward instead of small skip forward and left=fast forward instead of small skip back

3. My XBox controller works just fine when navigating and does not exhibit the above issues.

4. Trying to launch games:
  • N64 - Does not try to open zip file, does not give an error, just does nothing
  • Atari 7800 - Does not try to open zip file, does not give an error, just does nothing
  • GameBoy Advance - Works just fine
  • Atari 2600 - Game appears to launch, as the 'play' bar at the bottom of the Kodi screens appears, but it never switched to the game. There is no gameplay audio or video and I can't switch to the game manually using Tab on the keyboard or any controller buttons. I can bring up the video controls and stop the game or use the Guide to quit out of it
  • Sega Master System - Same as the 2600 when launching an SMS, but returns a 'not compatible with any emulator' message when trying with a zip file
  • Sega Megadrive - Again, says 'not compatible with any emulator' when trying to launch
  • SNES - Same as the 2600
  • NES - Same as the 2600

Log for this session is here.

I then quit Kodi and relaunched it, and tested NES again and it seemed to work fine. SNES still failed. Also, when using the 'B' button on the controller to navigate back out to the main Kodi Home screen, it just went back to a blank Game screen. I had to use the Guide button to get back to Home.

Windows 7 with all updates, using your latest build (RetroPlayer 17alpha1 pre-release 2016-05-22 (2c6ae2b...08c310c)), running in portable mode
SNES Games work with snes-9x-next, but not with snes-9x
(2016-05-23, 22:27)longelf Wrote: [ -> ]1. Kore remote - up/down/left/right no longer work for skipping in the videoplayer. They work fine for navigation

2. Yatse remote - When navigating Kodi, right=up and left=right, when using in videoplayer right=large skip forward instead of small skip forward and left=fast forward instead of small skip back

My code shouldn't be affecting those remotes. Does the latest nightly of Kodi have these problems?

(2016-05-23, 22:27)longelf Wrote: [ -> ]4. Trying to launch games:
  • N64 - Does not try to open zip file, does not give an error, just does nothing
  • Atari 7800 - Does not try to open zip file, does not give an error, just does nothing
  • GameBoy Advance - Works just fine
  • Atari 2600 - Game appears to launch, as the 'play' bar at the bottom of the Kodi screens appears, but it never switched to the game. There is no gameplay audio or video and I can't switch to the game manually using Tab on the keyboard or any controller buttons. I can bring up the video controls and stop the game or use the Guide to quit out of it
  • Sega Master System - Same as the 2600 when launching an SMS, but returns a 'not compatible with any emulator' message when trying with a zip file
  • Sega Megadrive - Again, says 'not compatible with any emulator' when trying to launch
  • SNES - Same as the 2600
  • NES - Same as the 2600

Also, when using the 'B' button on the controller to navigate back out to the main Kodi Home screen, it just went back to a blank Game screen. I had to use the Guide button to get back to Home.

I'll try to reproduce these when I get time. Thanks for testing.
Current Git is rock solid (although I did enjoy the random rotations in the last few days).

Just to report that it works beautiful with Boblight - my 50" with 100 RGB LEDs looks amazing with Sonic 2!

Fiddling with the Kodi rendering I can make it look reasonable, but not close to Mednafen's hq4x scalers, I take it that these would have to be implemented in Kodi rather than just alter settings?
Awesome. Yea, we'll have to implement shader support in kodi. What other scalers should we include? I really want a CRT-emulation one.
The wikipedia article is pretty good on this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image_scaling.

In Mednafen, Mednafen, they have a bunch implemented, the best one for me being hq4x - this really smooths the whole thing so it looks like a brand new game. Works best with the old console games.

Ideally, it would be good to have them as plugins Laugh CRT, B+W, green screen, drunk-vision.
(2016-05-23, 23:58)garbear Wrote: [ -> ]My code shouldn't be affecting those remotes. Does the latest nightly of Kodi have these problems?

On the latest nightly (23/5/16) Kore works fine except in videoplayer, the directional buttons don't work at all, as though there is no action mapped to them. No small or large skipping. All other controls work as expected, and the directional buttons work just fine for navigation.

In Yatse, only the basic buttons work, stop/play etc. No navigation, info, volume control or fast forward/rewind. Mute works though. And the Quit command is sent successfully from the remote.

So yes, same issue with Kore, but no, different issue with Yatse.
Ok finally got around to doing a quick test for this...

Only played with IARL so my results may not reflect the true nature of this project so far

My wired Xbox 360 controller doesn't seem to pick up, joystick support is enabled, and the controller is detected in windows (running windows 7 x86 I think) - haven't tested on other pcs yet

When leaving a game and launching a new game in IARL, the next game doesn't load properly, it seems to play but no video or sound is shown, goes a bit glitchy till exit. Not sure if this is just the addon or retroplayer.

There seems to be a basic video filter applying - probably the retroarch default of bilinear blurring or whatever its called. Can this be disabled by default if its on?

Rewind seems to work perfectly, pause and stop also seems to work well. Are you still working on an in-game pop up menu?

Great job so far!! Can't wait to test future versions
I've tried latest build, and had troubles assigning buttons, if I clicked A button with mouse it will just skip it and ask me to press B button. It's a bit confusing. Right click should allow assigning, left click should clear assignment I suppose?
Also when I click for example START why it automatically goes to next button. I just want to assign one button, not all.
I played some snes games with snes9x and it was a bit laggy and unplayable. On vanilla snes9x it works just fine so I think some optimization is needed (not sure if it's possible tho...)
After first start Kodi crashes if you open Game Addons. Unfortunately I didn't save logs but I can clear all settings and reproduce if needed.
Hi all,

Just testing with latest Irusak version, and i keep having the "no bios find" issue.
So i double checked my bios, their name, their place in the addon directory and also in the game directory, but everything is good according the wiki.
In the log it doesnt say anything about the error, except that it couldnt find a bios...
Anyone has an idea ?

Thanks

Bibi
(2016-05-24, 00:26)garbear Wrote: [ -> ]Awesome. Yea, we'll have to implement shader support in kodi. What other scalers should we include? I really want a CRT-emulation one.

I loved Blargg's NTSC filters: http://emulation-general.wikia.com/wiki/NTSC_Filters | http://blargg.8bitalley.com/libs/ntsc.html

Themaister made a more CPU/RetroArch friendly version: http://filthypants.blogspot.com/2013/04/...r-and.html | http://libretro.com/forums/showthread.php?t=270