Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Nexus)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-08-20, 21:22)garbear Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-08-20, 16:47)jeevcat Wrote: [ -> ]What's the current state of game.moonlight? I'm trying to build it as per instructions on https://github.com/garbear/game.moonlight, and I'm not making much headway.

I think I got game.moonlight to build in mid-july. The biggest problem I've run into is OpenSSL versions incompatibilities. If you get this working, patches would be immensely appreciated.

Thanks for the reply. I'm currently getting problems with enet, when compiling moonlight-common-c:
Code:
By not providing "Findenet.cmake" in CMAKE_MODULE_PATH this project has asked CMake to find a package configuration file provided by "enet", but CMake did not find one.

I can make this work if I pull git submodules, and comment out the find_package(enet REQUIRED) line in CMakeLists.txt, but then I have issues later when compiling game.moonlight:
Code:
[ 52%] Built target game.moonlight
/home/sam/kodi/lib/libmoonlight.a(ControlStream.c.o): In function `sendMessageEnet':
/home/sam/workspace/moonlight-common-c/src/ControlStream.c:312: undefined reference to `enet_packet_destroy'
/home/sam/workspace/moonlight-common-c/src/ControlStream.c:326: undefined reference to `enet_packet_create'

What should I do about this enet stuff? I see you've made a couple of commits related to enet dependency but unfortunately I can't follow what you've done... I haven't had any issues with OpenSSL yet though Smile
Hey garbear - just gave this a shot on osx with my xbox 360 wireless controller. Rumble is working in the pref pane in osx settings but its grayed out in kodi. Is this a known limitation? (using 360Controller 0.16.3).
(2016-08-21, 12:47)jeevcat Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the reply. I'm currently getting problems with enet, when compiling moonlight-common-c:
Code:
By not providing "Findenet.cmake" in CMAKE_MODULE_PATH this project has asked CMake to find a package configuration file provided by "enet", but CMake did not find one.

I can make this work if I pull git submodules, and comment out the find_package(enet REQUIRED) line in CMakeLists.txt, but then I have issues later when compiling game.moonlight:
Code:
[ 52%] Built target game.moonlight
/home/sam/kodi/lib/libmoonlight.a(ControlStream.c.o): In function `sendMessageEnet':
/home/sam/workspace/moonlight-common-c/src/ControlStream.c:312: undefined reference to `enet_packet_destroy'
/home/sam/workspace/moonlight-common-c/src/ControlStream.c:326: undefined reference to `enet_packet_create'

What should I do about this enet stuff? I see you've made a couple of commits related to enet dependency but unfortunately I can't follow what you've done... I haven't had any issues with OpenSSL yet though Smile

Looks like you're not linking the enet library to game.moonlight. I remember running into the dependency issues. It'll probably take a lot of cmake knowledge unfortunately (more than I have, which is why I shelved it for now Smile)

I'm focusing on controller input for v17. I'll aim to get this working for v18.

(2016-08-21, 16:39)Memphiz Wrote: [ -> ]Hey garbear - just gave this a shot on osx with my xbox 360 wireless controller. Rumble is working in the pref pane in osx settings but its grayed out in kodi. Is this a known limitation? (using 360Controller 0.16.3).

Our cocoa driver doesn't support rumble yet. Only windows at this second, but in a few hours I'm merging udev support so we'll have rumble on linux
(2015-06-25, 15:32)enen92 Wrote: [ -> ]Spent some time yesterday building retroplayer + binnary addons under arch linux x86_64 and after some time (and a lot of curl related https errors) I managed to have it compiled and running.

I have been trying to build kodi-game under arch and cannot seem to get it to work. Do you have a current build that is working or can you help me with the steps required?
@garbear. Im having one problem with all this builds. Everytime I start kodi, I cannot move with the xbox 360 controller, You can hear the ui sounds when moving directional pad, but nothing is selected. I have to click or highlight an item menu on ui with the mouse then controller works.

Only happens with default skin. Doesnt happen with confluence. BTW, confluence is giving black screen on last build.
(2016-08-22, 22:39)tarantulae Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-25, 15:32)enen92 Wrote: [ -> ]Spent some time yesterday building retroplayer + binnary addons under arch linux x86_64 and after some time (and a lot of curl related https errors) I managed to have it compiled and running.

I have been trying to build kodi-game under arch and cannot seem to get it to work. Do you have a current build that is working or can you help me with the steps required?

No builds for linux, you'll have to build from source. If you run into an error, posting an error msg is much more helpful that vaguely saying "cannot seem to get it to work".

(2016-08-24, 19:16)trihy Wrote: [ -> ]@garbear. Im having one problem with all this builds. Everytime I start kodi, I cannot move with the xbox 360 controller, You can hear the ui sounds when moving directional pad, but nothing is selected. I have to click or highlight an item menu on ui with the mouse then controller works.

Only happens with default skin. Doesnt happen with confluence. BTW, confluence is giving black screen on last build.

I've noticed this too. Does this happen on master also? I think it's a bug in the new skin Estuary, not RetroPlayer. Can you confirm?
Hi, yes, happen on master too.

Was using confluence to avoid this, but it s broken now.

Probably the fix will be simply, the skin should highlight an item by default when kodi launch, just like confluence. (ie music, movies, or any other main category)
Thanks for keeping on to improve the retroplayer.
I would be glad if it is possible to create a rpi2 build too.

Most suitable would be an .img file beacause i don' t know how to create an .img from a .tar.

Thanks.
You can copy the tar into the ~/.update folder and reboot, btw.
(2016-08-26, 12:20)a1rwulf Wrote: [ -> ]You can copy the tar into the ~/.update folder and reboot, btw.

Thanks for this advise but i know this Big Grin
The problem could be that i want to use berryboot as a bootloader and i have to create a partition for this. If i want to create it once i need an image file or am i wrong?
You can use an existing image from the LE site, then apply a1rwulf's update method to get retroplayer
New LibreELEC builds posted for Generic and RPi2/3

You will have to remap your controllers!

http://lrusak.libreelec.tv/retroplayer/
(2016-08-26, 18:36)garbear Wrote: [ -> ]You can use an existing image from the LE site, then apply a1rwulf's update method to get retroplayer

Thank for this advise. I will check this out.

@Irusak thanks for the new images.
Today i tested the new rpi version.
At frst i tried the way you mentioned to me but as expected it doesnt work because Berryboot cant update the OS system.

For anyone who is interessted in how it works can read out this hint.
Hello, I just found out this incredible test builds with all the stuff I need already build in! Great work!
Since I am a noob, I tried to figure out things all by myself but I bumped in a problem. When I try to launch a game, I get the emulator install and selection, but when the game actually have to start I get a black screen with a pointer and after a few seconds Kodi restarts. What did I do wrong?

That's the steps I used (configuring on an Intel NUC i3 x64):

- Installing the latest Librelec Generic x86_64
- Updated with the last build posted here
- Configured my games library (tried both my ROMs folder in my NAS and both locally on the NUC)

No luck.