Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Nexus)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-09-04, 12:46)Maerlin Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, I just found out this incredible test builds with all the stuff I need already build in! Great work!
Since I am a noob, I tried to figure out things all by myself but I bumped in a problem. When I try to launch a game, I get the emulator install and selection, but when the game actually have to start I get a black screen with a pointer and after a few seconds Kodi restarts. What did I do wrong?

That's the steps I used (configuring on an Intel NUC i3 x64):

- Installing the latest Librelec Generic x86_64
- Updated with the last build posted here
- Configured my games library (tried both my ROMs folder in my NAS and both locally on the NUC)

No luck.

As mentioned in the first post, please post a debug log with any error reports.
Hi, @garbear, do you think we can have a beta based build anytime soon? There are some nice fixes on main branch.

Thanks.
(2016-09-06, 17:00)trihy Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, @garbear, do you think we can have a beta based build anytime soon? There are some nice fixes on main branch.

Thanks.

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/win32/

That has a 17beta2 retroplayer win32 exe.
Hello, I've been absent a while.
I'm guessing that LibreELEC is the openelec build?
thanks!
yes, its a straight in-place upgrade.
please, can you make another build with legacy nvidia drivers 304?
(2016-09-11, 23:50)vali Wrote: [ -> ]please, can you make another build with legacy nvidia drivers 304?

No sorry
Hi. Im having some bug that could be related to controller input.

When using Rom Collection Browser, If I load a game holding A button for more than 1 second, when I close the game, the game relaunch in a loop, close, relaunch, close relaunch until I kill kodi.

If I press the A button for less than a second, it doesnt happen.

Looks like kodi repeat input while holding a button. It could be handy for directional pad to scroll a list or triggers to FastFoward or something like this. But for main A B X Y buttons it could be a problem. Not sure if this could be the reason.
(2016-09-06, 22:13)pgjensen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-09-06, 17:00)trihy Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, @garbear, do you think we can have a beta based build anytime soon? There are some nice fixes on main branch.

Thanks.

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/win32/

That has a 17beta2 retroplayer win32 exe.

That 17beta2 build has issues with controllers. Maybe I'm missing a secret repo or something but that build has no libretto cores or peripheral support, and if you side-load them from an older build, the peripheral support is still broken. (even with the emulated keyboard-based game controller)

I ended up going back to the alpha3 build.

Is it just me or am I missing something?
The beta is less than 60mb. the alpha is about 80 or more. So, expect some things missing. Lets wait for @garbear.
(2016-09-12, 23:12)MacGyver Wrote: [ -> ]That 17beta2 build has issues with controllers. Maybe I'm missing a secret repo or something but that build has no libretto cores or peripheral support, and if you side-load them from an older build, the peripheral support is still broken. (even with the emulated keyboard-based game controller)

Sideloading most likely doesn't work because of an API bump.
Unfortunately I don't have a windows environment to build everything atm.
@a1rwulf you can use jenkins to create a build
indeed
17beta2 is untested atm and needs some more work.
Someone from the team helped out and a new testbuild includes joystick support now (still untested though).
(2016-09-13, 20:58)a1rwulf Wrote: [ -> ]17beta2 is untested atm and needs some more work.
Someone from the team helped out and a new testbuild includes joystick support now (still untested though).

Hi A1rwulf,

Which build has the joystick support in? Can anyone confirm if it works yet?

Kind Regards