Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Nexus)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Might test new libreelec build tonight!

Does anyone know how to edit Retroarch general settings? Where the config is stored etc.

I want to disable the video filter that seems to be on by default. Or does anyone know anything about if video filters/shaders are working or selectable in the UI yet?
(2016-12-02, 01:14)weppa Wrote: [ -> ]@Irusak, does http://lrusak.libreelec.tv/retroplayer/ server contain correctly structured releases.json file to support Show Custom Channels in LibreELEC System Settings? Thanks in advance.

Yes
(2016-10-31, 10:18)Solo0815 Wrote: [ -> ]After testing on RPi3: (1025 and 1102)
There is also a bug with LiveTV: On switching channels Kodi seems to loose the info, that it is LiveTV. For about a second it doesn't show the LiveTV-Bar (on Estuary). On AeonNox it is the same, but in this second it shows the bar for streams instead.
This does not happen on LE 7.90.x and Milhouse builds.

Sorry it took so long to address this. I don't use LiveTV, only the HDHomeRun plugin which is separate from the PVR api. So I'm not really able to address this... HOWEVER... now that RetroPlayer is in master, you should test the latest nightly based on master. This may still be a problem, but now that it's a problem with master, it's someone else's problem Smile

(2016-10-31, 10:18)Solo0815 Wrote: [ -> ]Also I can't get my XB360 controller to work. Kodi says it is configured and when I remove it, it is removed from Kodi.

Did you Configure your controller?

(2016-10-31, 10:18)Solo0815 Wrote: [ -> ]The "loading" animation shows up, even the game is loaded. Should be paused until loading is finished or disable loading animation, when game is started

Not sure exactly what you're saying, but this sounds like an edge case (an error on the edge of loading a game). I'm still focusing on the big picture, like VFS support and GameStream support, so edge cases will have to wait.

(2016-10-31, 10:18)Solo0815 Wrote: [ -> ]Question:
Will there be a games-db, like the one in Films and TVShows?

Yes of course, that was my main motivation for adding games to Kodi. However, Kodi's database code is poor and needs a rewrite. A major refactor has been started, but it will be a while before we see a game library.

(2016-10-31, 10:18)Solo0815 Wrote: [ -> ]Suggestions / FR:
1. If only one emulator for a system is installed, then Kodi should automatically use this emulator. If the user wants to use another emulator then there could be a context menu:
Install / manage emulators
Play with another emulator

This used to be the case, but I removed this feature, because ATM it's more important for the user to know which core they're using for reliable bug reports that a minor UX improvement.

(2016-10-31, 10:18)Solo0815 Wrote: [ -> ]2. On "stop" ...
...the emulator should "autosave" (even the user has disabled it), so that "resume" is possible". If you played some time without saving and someone hits "Stop" on the remote :~
OR
... the user is aksed "Do you really want to quit?" Yes/no

Autosave used to exist, but I dropped this feature a while ago (I forget why, probably to simplify the RetroPlayer patch to make merging easier due to it being such an immense patch).

(2016-10-31, 10:18)Solo0815 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm really looking forward, when RP is added to Kodi

I'm sure you've seen reports that RetroPlayer has been merged to master, but it is currently disabled until a bug is fixed and Savestates are merged. The team has also decided to delay an official announcement until more work and testing has been done and the feature is more polished.

If you want to manually enable games in master, you'll need to set the "gamesgeneral.enable" setting to true. This can also be done with an advanced setting; i'll document this in the wiki in the near future.
(2016-12-02, 17:08)karl_87 Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone know how to edit Retroarch general settings? Where the config is stored etc.

RetroArch is a standalone project completely separate from RetroPlayer, except for the fact that they use the same cores. You probably won't find help for RetroArch here.
http://lrusak.libreelec.tv/retroplayer/ does not contain RetroPlayer 17beta6 2016-12-01?
(2016-12-03, 00:53)weppa Wrote: [ -> ]http://lrusak.libreelec.tv/retroplayer/ does not contain RetroPlayer 17beta6 2016-12-01?

Nope
(2016-12-03, 02:12)lrusak Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-03, 00:53)weppa Wrote: [ -> ]http://lrusak.libreelec.tv/retroplayer/ does not contain RetroPlayer 17beta6 2016-12-01?

Nope

Not ready?
(2016-12-03, 02:34)weppa Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-03, 02:12)lrusak Wrote: [ -> ]

Nope

Not ready?

Not yet, most likely going to be rolling retroplayer into milhouse builds as it has now been merged into master kodi.
(2016-12-03, 00:07)garbear Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-02, 17:08)karl_87 Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone know how to edit Retroarch general settings? Where the config is stored etc.

RetroArch is a standalone project completely separate from RetroPlayer, except for the fact that they use the same cores. You probably won't find help for RetroArch here.

I think what i meant to say was the libretro cores. Is it possible to customize the video output of these yet? I'm really just looking to remove the bilinear (I think) filter from them.
I have controller issue with latest Kodi Retroplayer.
Note that I haven't tested this for a while so I am not sure when it broke for me. I had it working at one point.

I can configure (map) my controller just fine in the 'Configure attached controllers' menu and navigate Kodi with that controller. But when I run a game I can't control the game with that controller.
Have tried both Genesis/SNES and with two different controllers. Same result.

I also checked the log while running the emulator and I do see the key presses when running the emulator:
16:34:18 T:140647403079424 DEBUG: Button [ 9 ] on USB Gamepad pressed
16:34:18 T:140647403079424 DEBUG: Feature [ start ] on game.controller.snes pressed
16:34:18 T:140647403079424 DEBUG: Joystick button event handled
But the emulator doesn't react to these at all.

Any suggestions on what to try?

Running Arch Linux with these Kodi packages (self-built):
[kodi@archu57 temp]$ pacman -Qm | grep kodi
kodi-addon-game-bsnes-mercury-accuracy 20161120.66dd021-1
kodi-addon-game-genplus 20161201.ea35200-1
kodi-addon-game-libretro 20161113.000db09-1
kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick 20161120.d09e0c6-1
kodi-retroplayer 17beta6-1
kodi-retroplayer-eventclients 17beta6-1
kodi-standalone-service 1.8-2
(2016-12-03, 18:01)onarch Wrote: [ -> ]I can configure (map) my controller just fine in the 'Configure attached controllers' menu and navigate Kodi with that controller. But when I run a game I can't control the game with that controller.

I had the same problem. I've got this remote http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=278842 (T3 air mouse)
I found out it was the dongle. When I try to start a game with the dongle plugged in, the controller wouldn't work right, when I started a game with a HP ir remote receiver plugged in everything worked.
(2016-12-04, 09:22)cavesprings Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-03, 18:01)onarch Wrote: [ -> ]I can configure (map) my controller just fine in the 'Configure attached controllers' menu and navigate Kodi with that controller. But when I run a game I can't control the game with that controller.

I had the same problem. I've got this remote http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=278842 (T3 air mouse)
I found out it was the dongle. When I try to start a game with the dongle plugged in, the controller wouldn't work right, when I started a game with a HP ir remote receiver plugged in everything worked.

I do actually have one of those remotes.

So I unplugged the wireless dongle and remapped the controller keys and it started working. yay!
Then I inserted the dongle again, remapped the controller and it still works. So I am not sure what is going on. Now it seems to work fine not matter what is plugged in. Huh

At one time I had two game controllers plugged in, maybe that confused Kodi. I only tried 1-player games while I was testing, so maybe the controller was mapped for player 2 or something...

How is actually controller mapping for 2 player games handled now? or is this no yet implemented?
(2016-12-03, 18:01)onarch Wrote: [ -> ]So I unplugged the wireless dongle and remapped the controller keys and it started working. yay!
Then I inserted the dongle again, remapped the controller and it still works. So I am not sure what is going on. Now it seems to work fine not matter what is plugged in. Huh
I never tried to remap the controller after I unplugged the dongle, I'll have to try that.
Every time I wanted to play a game I would unplug the dongle, then plug in the HP remote receiver and restart Kodi. I didn't have to reconfigure the controller.
Have you tried to restart Kodi with the dongle plugged in since you've had it working?
(2016-12-04, 18:35)cavesprings Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-03, 18:01)onarch Wrote: [ -> ]So I unplugged the wireless dongle and remapped the controller keys and it started working. yay!
I never tried to remap the controller after I unplugged the dongle, I'll have to try that.
Every time I wanted to play a game I would unplug the dongle, then plug in the HP remote receiver and restart Kodi. I didn't have to reconfigure the controller.
Have you tried to restart Kodi with the dongle plugged in since you've had it working?

Yes, it's working after restarts as well.

For the record here are my input USB devices:
Code:
lsusb:
Bus 001 Device 010: ID 0c45:5002 Microdia
Bus 001 Device 009: ID 0079:0011 DragonRise Inc. Gamepad
Bus 001 Device 005: ID 045e:006d Microsoft Corp. eHome Remote Control Keyboard keys

kodi@archu57 ~ $  libinput-list-devices | g -E 'Device|Kernel'
Device:           USB Gamepad
Kernel:           /dev/input/event0
Device:           2.4G 2.4G Wireless Device
Kernel:           /dev/input/event1
Kernel:           /dev/input/event2
Kernel:           /dev/input/event3
Device:           Media Center Ed. eHome Infrared Remote Transceiver (045e:006d)
Kernel:           /dev/input/event15

The 'Microdia' device is a cheap 2.4 GHz remote I picked up at Amazon awhile ago.
(2016-12-03, 03:03)karl_87 Wrote: [ -> ]I think what i meant to say was the libretro cores. Is it possible to customize the video output of these yet? I'm really just looking to remove the bilinear (I think) filter from them.

Individual libretro cores, if they have settings, can be configured at Add-ons -> My add-ons -> Game add-ons -> Emulators -> (select emulator) -> Configure.

Bilinear filtering is done by the player core. There isn't a way to change the filter yet, but this is planned.

(2016-12-04, 15:24)onarch Wrote: [ -> ]At one time I had two game controllers plugged in, maybe that confused Kodi. I only tried 1-player games while I was testing, so maybe the controller was mapped for player 2 or something...

How is actually controller mapping for 2 player games handled now? or is this no yet implemented?

Players are actually chosen in the order the operating system presents the controllers. This is effectively random, though if you unplug a device and plug it back in, it will probably end up at the back of the queue.

The solution is a player manager utility so that users actually have control over this beyond plugging and praying. I started a thread for this last month: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=295463 . I've purposefully delayed implementing this to focus on the Controller Configuration Utility and merging RetroPlayer. Now that both are done, I've started thinking about the player manager again, but its a lower priority that supporting BIOSes and GameStream. If you have any ideas for the player manager, leave a comment in that thread.