Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi client for Media Browser
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
(2013-10-15, 08:10)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]Where exactly is this XBMC addon? I cannot find it on the mediabrowser website.

Install the server them go to plugins.
(2013-10-15, 08:10)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]Where exactly is this XBMC addon? I cannot find it on the mediabrowser website.

Well, if you're talking about the addon to install in XBMC to use MB server library, that what we need a dev for actually.

If talking about the XBMC metadata saver in MB server, then, like rasstar mentioned...
I see, thank you both.
I think MB3 server is a great step in the right direction and XBMC could benefit a lot from an addon to support in, and it would be great if the 2 teams could officially collaborate and pool talents, since I think they have the same goals and open source structure.
(2013-10-18, 00:53)MrCrispy Wrote: [ -> ]I think MB3 server is a great step in the right direction and XBMC could benefit a lot from an addon to support in, and it would be great if the 2 teams could officially collaborate and pool talents, since I think they have the same goals and open source structure.

In a perfect world this would be nice. Big Grin
So... Wouldn't this basically consist of taking the PleXBMC plugin and replacing the Plex API calls with MB3 API calls?

xnappo
Well and hopefully taking advantage of all the new data that we have.
Anywhere that we can download the WIP linux version from?
It's not stable yet, but coming soon.
Sure - seems like a good starting place though since the PleXBMC plugin already has some modified theme support for more metadata.

xnappo
a lot of nas's (sp?) run headless or through a webui. i am not familiar with media browser but does it already support this or would a future linux or windows version support this? if so this would be a great replacement for the current kludge solution of a headless xbmc/mysql server.
headless on windows, yes. i don't think it will be a problem on linux but I'll wait until we have a release before answering that.
Hi All,

So I went ahead and hacked on PleXBMC over the weekend. I am now able to browse the MB3 server from XBMC. No meta-data, art or playback yet though Smile

Total hack-job right now, but definitely think it is do-able with another few weekends of work.

Unfortunately I will not have time to continue on this for the next couple of weeks.

If any one else is interested in helping, I can throw it up on git.

xnappo
Great work. So you're basically able to get a proof of concept up and running in a day's work. I think that's a pretty good sign that an xbmc plugin using the MB3 api shouldn't be too difficult. Hopefully there's someone here interested in giving you a hand.
Mb3 client for xbmc would be awesome! Hopefully someone can develop one
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11