Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi client for Media Browser
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
@lukemb, would you care to comment on the concerns in this thread? http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?pid...pid1596681
There has been a lot of work going on in this addon over on the MediaBrowser site. I believe one of the goals is to bring a full MediaBrowser client experience into XBMC. Going to take some work and feedback though.
(2014-01-07, 05:03)lukemb Wrote: [ -> ]If you do not have our NFO output plugin installed, they will be untouched and it will be as if they don't exist.

If you do have the plugin installed, then the NFO's will be overwritten anytime data is saved - such as the initial scan, or saving within the editing interface. Rest assured any tags in the NFO's that we don't recognize will be left untouched.

The NFO saver will save the movie set name into the NFO. I believe this field is exposed within the editing interface. We also grab movie set name from themoviedb.org.

As far as saving custom nfo's for home videos, I'm not sure the plugin currently does this, however it can be very easily added, and you're welcome to help us flesh it out.

Thanks again for replying and the offer to flesh it out. I'm doing double duty at work until March, so not much playing until then. I'll check back then to see if you still need a hand.
(2014-01-11, 00:43)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]@lukemb, would you care to comment on the concerns in this thread? http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?pid...pid1596681

I have commented on it. Please let me know if you need anything else.
No, I was as much drawing it to your attention as anything.
Good idea.
A new server release is out that brings Live TV support.

Full details are here:

http://mediabrowser3.com/community/index...-released/

Thanks to KrustyReturns for joining us and being a part of it. It's now in our web client and api which means you can watch and manage live tv from a web browser, and it works well on smartphones and tablets.

All of our app developers have committed to supporting it which means you can look forward to live tv on Android, iOS, Roku, etc.
I have been using XBMC for over the last year, but was hoping to enhance my metadata management of my music and bluray rips using Mediabrowser3.

So far, I have not been able to accomplish this goal

I installed the server, scanned all my ISO files into Mediabrowser. The first thing I notice is I am unable to edit the metadata tied to what is shown when scrolling through movies in XBMC. For instance, in XBMC when you are scrolling through the movies using the Mediabrowser add-on, it displays info about the movie such as audio type, duration, video file type, etc. For some movies blurays are shown as SD video or Audio is shown a 2 channel when it is DTS-MA. Is there a way to edit this info if it is missing or incorrect using Mediabrowser so it shows properly?

Next, I use PowerDVD as my external player to play my bluray ISO files. Using the normal movies feature in XBMC, it will launch the external player. If I go through the add-on, then it just plays the file directly inside XBMC without giving the choice to use an external player. Is it possible to use an external player?

When it plays inside XBMC without the external player, how does it know which playlist to use from a bluray ISO file. For instance, A-team has both the theatrical and extended cuts on the disc. When it plays it internally as Mediabrowser forces it, which version does it play and can I change it?

For other movies with dozens of playlists like Hunger Games, does it choose the correct one to play?

Is my use of Mediabrowser3 completely off base? I was thinking it was a very nice database management tool with the ability to serve content to less powerful tablets for remote viewing. The database management seemed like a nice feature, but XBMC wasn't doing a bad job, I was just curious if something else would do better.
(2014-01-25, 05:13)mrh335 Wrote: [ -> ]I have been using XBMC for over the last year, but was hoping to enhance my metadata management of my music and bluray rips using Mediabrowser3.

So far, I have not been able to accomplish this goal

I installed the server, scanned all my ISO files into Mediabrowser. The first thing I notice is I am unable to edit the metadata tied to what is shown when scrolling through movies in XBMC. For instance, in XBMC when you are scrolling through the movies using the Mediabrowser add-on, it displays info about the movie such as audio type, duration, video file type, etc. For some movies blurays are shown as SD video or Audio is shown a 2 channel when it is DTS-MA. Is there a way to edit this info if it is missing or incorrect using Mediabrowser so it shows properly?

Next, I use PowerDVD as my external player to play my bluray ISO files. Using the normal movies feature in XBMC, it will launch the external player. If I go through the add-on, then it just plays the file directly inside XBMC without giving the choice to use an external player. Is it possible to use an external player?

When it plays inside XBMC without the external player, how does it know which playlist to use from a bluray ISO file. For instance, A-team has both the theatrical and extended cuts on the disc. When it plays it internally as Mediabrowser forces it, which version does it play and can I change it?

For other movies with dozens of playlists like Hunger Games, does it choose the correct one to play?

Is my use of Mediabrowser3 completely off base? I was thinking it was a very nice database management tool with the ability to serve content to less powerful tablets for remote viewing. The database management seemed like a nice feature, but XBMC wasn't doing a bad job, I was just curious if something else would do better.

Apologies for not responding sooner. I can help you with that.

We actually have some cool stuff going on with ISO's. The server can mount the Iso without the need for any third-party software, and without the need for a drive letter. This allows us to examine it during the library scan for media information. We use BdInfo to probe blurays, and this allows our streaming clients to take advantage of the server-side mounting so that we can stream it in real-time to say, android, or roku. For a traditional client like Xbmc or Media Browser Classic, you'll still probably want to use an external player to get the best experience though.

As far as external players with the add-on, I'm guessing they just haven't implemented it yet. I will let them know.
THis is awesome watching with keen interest. Used media browser in early days but ditched it along with media center in favour of xbmc. Now looks like will have best of both worlds, XBMC and Mediabrowser Smile
Thanks. We have a lot of great things going on. Actually I'll be back in here in the next day or so about our new server release.
I just posted some info about our new server release. There's a lot of great things going on so check them out:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=175430&page=5
Been reading through all the posts and have installed MB3 on to the Pc. The server is running and I've installed this xbmc plugin. Question ..How do I configure it to connect to the server??
(2014-03-10, 17:01)umanbean Wrote: [ -> ]Been reading through all the posts and have installed MB3 on to the Pc. The server is running and I've installed this xbmc plugin. Question ..How do I configure it to connect to the server??

You simply have to configure the XBMB3C addon (server, port, username, etc..).
After you can even add video nodes from the addon in the main menu to make it seem by default in XBMC (depending on the skin used; MQ5, etc...) and more.

http://mediabrowser3.com/community/index...mentation/
http://mediabrowser3.com/community/index...-for-xbmc/
The XBMC3C add-on indeed is fantastic and seemlessly combines the best of the two worlds (XBMC as the best media center client) and MBS as a fantastic server to stream from. I would wish more skins to add native support for the XBMC3C add-on, but even without it, this is already great!!!

Also more broadly would like to share that MBS is now pretty much complete in its functionality with movies, shows and music. Encourage everyone to give it a try!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11