Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Russia Today News Addon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
(2017-06-24, 05:12)learningit Wrote: [ -> ]One other important point this add-on is not an "official" add-on.
An "official" add-on would be supported by the content provider.
This add-on is not approved by RT, it simply behaves like a web browser to allow display of the content in a manner similar to a web browser.

That makes sense...
Nice work! my compliments to the chef Smile Gone is the resolution config but probably better to be served the content dynamically at the servers behest, Share and share alike.

tambíen,

creo que la emisión en español es muy importante.

puede por favor la próxima revisión de software, considere incluir la emisión en español. Lo hice yo mismo. dentro de su estilo de código, y funciona bien, pero estaba considerando otros que no tienen capacidad de ajuste de código. Y no desee listar una código personalizada aquí. Gracias y por favor perdone los ejemplos de código. soy culpable. Le ruego me disculpe.

nb
(2017-06-24, 19:47)newsbeast Wrote: [ -> ]Nice work! my compliments to the chef Smile Gone is the resolution config but probably better to be served the content dynamically at the servers behest, Share and share alike.

tambíen,

creo que la emisión en español es muy importante.

puede por favor la próxima revisión de software, considere incluir la emisión en español. Lo hice yo mismo. dentro de su estilo de código, y funciona bien, pero estaba considerando otros que no tienen capacidad de ajuste de código. Y no desee listar una código personalizada aquí. Gracias y por favor perdone los ejemplos de código. soy culpable. Le ruego me disculpe.

nb

Ok. Próxima versión lo haré.

The resolution config is redundant now. You can go to Settings->System Settings->Internet Access and set a bandwidth restriction. This will cause the player to select a stream equal to or lower than the set bandwidth.
Thank you again for awesome plugin and quick turn around on 3.0.1 kudos to you and your team of coders!

Especially since RT seems to be the only news media outlet that will still report on the news. MSM is a deadgroup walking.

PS would love some tutorial suggestions where I can learn to do what you guys and gals do. I would love to have skills to contribute to our community more!
(2017-06-26, 21:52)theGuruWithin Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you again for awesome plugin and quick turn around on 3.0.1 kudos to you and your team of coders!

Especially since RT seems to be the only news media outlet that will still report on the news. MSM is a deadgroup walking.

PS would love some tutorial suggestions where I can learn to do what you guys and gals do. I would love to have skills to contribute to our community more!

We have a team of one (part time). I manage a private VC fund for a living. I do this stuff because I'm bored while sitting around in airports.

You guys have a totally incorrect view of Team Kodi, every single person has a day job and they donate their spare time to the project. The assholes who sell loaded boxes and the idiots who have YouTube channels, like soloman, are parasites who make money off other people's volunteer work.

If you want to help Team Kodi, don't buy the crap boxes and certainly don't watch idiots like soloman who have zero idea what a free, open source project is about.
RT LIVE NOT working in kodi 16, as of a few days ago.
Clicking on live I get the spinner on the bottom right then it just stops no message,

Uninstalled, rebooted and reinstalled.
Live still does not function :-(
(2017-06-27, 03:15)PiMONSTER Wrote: [ -> ]RT LIVE NOT working in kodi 16, as of a few days ago.
Clicking on live I get the spinner on the bottom right then it just stops no message,

Uninstalled, rebooted and reinstalled.
Live still does not function :-(

And what version of the add-on are you running?
Thanx for the effort and all the great assistance. Adjusted the Internet bandwidth lower and now the buffering seems better.
Btw, any chance of putting the RT Arabic back on, it was useful to follow the area events. Thank again for the effort.
Doh! forgot to say 3.01.
It's just the live links that don't work.
I was so happy to see the auto-update from the non-functioning 2.0.2.

Checking the log it's stating GetDirectory failed.

The above was produced with youtube loaded and paused in the background, before clicking RT live.
Rebooting and going straight to RT live I only see the bottom GetDirectory & CGUIMediaWindow errors.

( I should state that the 'infowars' addon has also just stopped working today (python url errors) BUT youtube and my own 'Mark Dice' youtube addon are working fine )
You need to enable debug logging and then upload the entire log to pastebin.com xbmclogs.com. Post the link here in the forum.

At first glance, this looks like those errors have nothing to do with the add-on.

Do not post images in the forum, they're pretty meaningless anyway.
I reached out to RT news by contacting the distribution department to see if they could offer some tech to create an official RT addon for Kodi. It probably couldn't hurt to show support by reaching out to RT.
I never updated from version 1.10.1, and as of last night it was still working in Krypton....

Makes no sense... I'll try it again in a little while and report back.

*Update*

Yup, still working in Krypton on July 2.

All live streams work except for the Spanish one, which never did work for me.
(2017-06-27, 19:26)learningit Wrote: [ -> ]You need to enable debug logging and then upload the entire log to pastebin.com xbmclogs.com. Post the link here in the forum.

At first glance, this looks like those errors have nothing to do with the add-on.

Ok, here's the debug log, clicking RT LIVE is way down at 10:32:38

http://paste.debian.net/974495/

or
https://pastebin.com/J3x7tXgp
(2017-07-03, 11:53)PiMONSTER Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-06-27, 19:26)learningit Wrote: [ -> ]You need to enable debug logging and then upload the entire log to pastebin.com xbmclogs.com. Post the link here in the forum.

Ok, here's the debug log, clicking RT LIVE is way down at 10:32:38

http://paste.debian.net/974495/

or
https://pastebin.com/J3x7tXgp
I really don't know what's wrong based on your logs. If I had to guess, I would say that the script.module.t1mlib isn't the correct version, but that shouldn't happen if you are installing from the kodi.org repo. Please check to see if the version of script.module.t1mlib you have installed is 1.0.18.
Hi, I'm having similar problems with the live links. One you have used e.g. the global one it is not in the menu next time you look. Eventually they all go except Spanish which doesn't work. I've tried this on Windows 10 Kodi 17.3 and Odroid C2 LibreElec - same behaviour on both devices. Plugin v 3.02. On the Windows version uninstall/reinstall of both the plugin and Kodi - still the same.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18