Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC not picking up HTPC in SMB?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All

I am running XBMC on my wifes Samsung Tab 3 10.1 however when adding sources under SMB -> Workgroup. Only my router and my main PC are listed, my HTPC is not listed and thus I cannot add any sources for my Music/Tv/Movie collection.

I went through the steps from the wiki here on the HTPC but its still not showing up in the Workgroup on XBMC on the tab.

I have confirmed that on both the HTPC and my main PC the HTPC is part of the same Workgroup.

Any ideas on how to get this going??

Thanks

All computers are on Win7 64bit by the way
Have you tried manually putting in the IP and seeing if that works? Either way, a debug log (wiki) might give us more info on what is going on under the hood.
I just tried the ip address thing but that said it couldn't find the path.

So here's the log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=58817

I looked through it but couldn't find anything not that I would know what to look for anyway, what I did in the log is start up xbmc, the navigate to videos, the add source, then windows smb, then workgroup. This displayed my main pc Timothy-PC and Boblite which is my router, HTPC-PC should be listed here also but is not. I went into both Boblite and my main pc. The I cancelled out and uploaded the log.

And here we are, any ideas?

Thanks
Can you see it in explorer?
Explorer? This is on our tab 3. I can most certainly see it in windows explorer on both pcs.

Is there a way to check it in some network viewer on Android?
(2013-09-15, 03:12)Stildawn Wrote: [ -> ]I just tried the ip address thing but that said it couldn't find the path.

This seems to be a problem with my x86 Android build, that you use.
Try the name of the share instead of the IP, this worked for my.
Name of the share as in the computer name or the actual name of the shared drive
smb://computer/share/
(2013-09-15, 08:13)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry yeah, there is andsmb.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...oft.andsmb

I'll try this tonight to see if I can see it.

(2013-09-15, 11:38)perpe Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-09-15, 03:12)Stildawn Wrote: [ -> ]I just tried the ip address thing but that said it couldn't find the path.

This seems to be a problem with my x86 Android build, that you use.
Try the name of the share instead of the IP, this worked for my.

(2013-09-15, 21:30)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]smb://computer/share/

I think I tried this already, but I'll try again and see.
I tried the AndSMB but nothing was in there when I opened it. I think I need to add themHuh But have no idea how.

I also put in the smb address manually but again nothing worked, he's the debug log for that attempt: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=59319

Any ideas?
When I open andsmb I get a dialogue that asks me for the hostname and other details of the server I am trying to connect to. Did you try entering the details requested?

can you post the contents of your sources.xml file?

Another very handy android app is fing, it explores your local network for services.
I don't get a dialogue box, however there is an add.

After a bit of mucking around I managed to get it to half work. I added HTPC-PC and now it brings up all the folders I have shared on my HTPC (which is the whole drives). So its picked up the drive/folder structure.

But when I click onto any of them the note in the bottom says access denied. EDIT: Ok some of them work but others don't.

Still its seeing it at least, so surely XBMC should??
Any more ideas?