Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Transfer from OSX > Windows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

I recently installed win7 on my Mac Mini because I'm having some issues with OSX. Everything is working fine, but I wonder what's the best way now to transfer my library to Windows? All my movies/series/music are on my NAS, but I would definitely would like to keep all the stuff XBMC remembers like which movies/series I have already watched etc.

How do I do this?
Various solutions here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=173478

Do you still have the original build running?
Since they're all using a network path (I assume, being on a NAS), you should be able to just copy over the userdata (wiki) folder from one to the other.
They're on the same network path, not sure though if the windows-installations uses the same naming conventions for the share. I do have the original build running next to the bootcamp yes.
I'm not saying this is the best solution - but the script in the thread I linked to will export and import watched states quickly and easily if you install it on both builds - the share names don't matter.
The other obvious option if the paths are different is to export your library from the osx build as separate files - they'll be written to the folders on your NAS so the library will be read by the new windows build and be identical to the original in osx.