Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: New Version issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

Just updated to the latest app version today, completed without problems. I was able to connect to any of my existing xbmc's straight away as the connections were still listed.
when i click find but when i hit save it does not save any of the details only the description field and the username and password fields.

It does not hold the ip field, port field, mac address and therfore does not work.

I tried manually inputting the ip and mac address, same thing. Never had this problem on previous version.

I have tested on multiple networks with different xbmc builds on different operating systems, also tried ipad and iPhone.

If i edit an existing connection and give it a new IP it works fine. Only affects adding new connections.

Any suggestions?

Anyone having the same issue?
Hello,

a very strange issue and I'm not able to reproduce it neither with iOS6 or iOS7 neither with iPad or iPhone. Whats your device and iOS version?
I have experienced this same issue, I use the app perfectly on my IPad Mini without issue.

I just purchased a Raspberry Pi for a friend that I can connect to perfectly from the ipad, but have tried 2 seperate iphones (4s) and have the exact same symptoms.

I can search for the xbmc server and it detects it fine, but when I try to connect it fails, and the settings always revert after hitting save.

The Username appears to get saved, but that is it, the IP address is faded with a default of 192.168.0.8, port 80, and / port 9090

it was quite disheartening as the whole reason for purchasing the raspberry pi was so that the user can stream shoutcast radio to his whole house stereo (which I do perfectly fine with my raspberry pi, openelec, and ipad mini.

Peter.
Iphone 4s IOS 6.1.3 ipad running same iOS
I am not sure on the iphone os, as it is my daughters, and the other phone is my friends wifes, but I know my daughter keeps hers up to date.

my ipad minis is running 6.1.3 (10B329) but that one works flawlessly.

Peter.
Ah! another question: I forgot to ask you also the XBMC version that are you using.

It's possible to remove the app and then re-install it again?
Just completely removed the app and reinstalled.

All connections now gone and I cannot add one, finds it but does not hold the settings, when i go back into the connection under edit the ip is blank.

12.2 frodo

Was working fine on iphone before update
I'm sorry about problem, but can not figure out what the heck is going on and I'm not able to reproduce the issue. Whatever you write in the ip field (even "hello") isn't saved, right?
I have removed and readded the app with the same result.

not sure of the versions as I am away from the house but thought more info could help.

one openelec with frodo (been using for number of months
and the other openelec with eden. (installed with NOOBS_v1_2_1 on raspberry pi)

both with same result. and both working fine on ipad mini.

Thanks for you time and efforts.

Peter.
Yes thats correct. Just tried it.

Before I deleted and re installed i could edit an existing entry and that would save without any problem. Only new connections seem affected.

Except now since i removed and re installed all connections have the issue as they are all new.
(2013-09-17, 13:25)joethefox Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sorry about problem, but can not figure out what the heck is going on and I'm not able to reproduce the issue. Whatever you write in the ip field (even "hello") isn't saved, right?

That is correct,

could this somehow be a permission issue? are the locations in ios for storing the information that need to be enabled in settings?

unfortunately I don't have access to the device now.

Peter.
can you try to fill all the fields even with a fake mac address?
(2013-09-17, 13:32)pchafe Wrote: [ -> ]could this somehow be a permission issue? are the locations in ios for storing the information that need to be enabled in settings?
yes, one reasonable reason could be a write permission issue, but if the description is saved, then the app seems that have the write permission in its sandbox.

Just recorded this video with an iPhone 4s and remote app version 1.4 updated from the app store:

and everything is working as supposed. Aren't all the same those devicesHuh?? maybe I missing something, but I can not figure out what.

EDIT: just tested on another iPhone4 (without S) and on iPad2 ios7 and everything is working.....
Ok that is weird.....

Yep once i fill in all fields including password, then i can go back delete the incorrect stuff and presto... It works.

It's a bit of a process but hey... it works

OK so its the password field... if i leave it blank it doesn't save if i put anything in there it does.
Happy to know that now it is working. But I would try to reproduce the issue: can you tell me exactly the fields and their values when it was not working?
Pages: 1 2