Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Newbie - nothing streaming . . .
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi I am very much a newbie but have been reading this forum for several weeks now.

I have a Raspberry Pi running OpenElec 3.2.0 xbmc (Frodo). I have set up a wireless internet connection which works fine and have installed add-ons for YouTube, BBC iplayer, Itvplayer, 4OD and cannot stream anything on any of them! (I can watch live TV on iPlayer, but not stream anything else - except I was able to stream from a 'classic movie' add-on site).

The streams - on all these services - start to load, get to 80% and then either quit with no message or come up with a 'stream not playing' message.

4OD won't even get that far as it cannot load the schedule and YouTube, if I select a video, get to the magic 80% and simply hangs.

Because the results are the same for every add-on service, I feel it must be something fundamental in my settings - but have tried everything (based on info gleaned from this and other forums) but cannot get anything streaming.

I am now extremely frustrated by the whole experience . . . if anyone can help, I would very much appreciate it.
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

Upload a debug log (wiki) of you trying to watch a video via, say, the YouTube add-on. Upload it to www.xbmclogs.com and post just the assigned URL here.
Thanks for the prompt response - my apologies for not being able to do the same until now.

This morning I installed the uploader and then tried to stream BBC iplayer (BBC1) - quit to menu as before.

Then tried YouTube - but a different video from my attempt yesterday - and this time it worked! So, then tried the YouTube video I tried yesterday - would not stream - tried another - would not stream . . .

Logfile:Your debug xbmc.log:http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=59994

Let me know if this helps . . . . thanks - this site has a lot of excellent and helpful information - very impressive.
That is not a debug log because you did not turn debugging on.

Here is how to upload a debug log (wiki).

Please disable your PVR as well, it is flooding the normal log with error messages.
My apologies - I did say that I was a Newbie . . .

Will try again . .
OK - hopefully got it right this time . . . .

As before, tried BBC iplayer - loaded to 80% - then simply quit to menu.

Tried itvplayer - error message 'script error'

YouTube - selected a music video - which streamed OK. Selected another - got massage 'one or mor4e streams failed to play' message.

Here is the logfile link: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=60317

Thanks for your patience and understanding . . . . .
Had hoped for a response to my second logfile upload . . . . .

Did have a thought on the YouTube problem of some videos streaming - some not streaming - would this be to do with ads? Is there an ad blocker add-on?

mainly though I want to get iPlayer working so if anyone can help . . . . .