Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TvTunes Addon - Retrieve & Play Soundtracks Whilst Browsing Your Library
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@rob_webset: Hi Rob, just to let you know that after tests on default Confluence XBMC 12.3, I can confirm that the following items are fully supported by TvTunes add-on:

1) Termination of visualisation pop-up
The visualisation pop-up after leaving library is fixed and no more present by adding to <control type="visualisation" id="2"> (MusicVisualisation.xml) the line you have specified in post #371:
Code:
<visible>IsEmpty(Window(10025).Property(TvTunesIsAlive))</visible>

2) Non-TvTunes music tracks playing in video library
New revision r196 delivers support for non-TvTunes music tracks playing when entering video library. This means that users can now keep their music albums playing whilst browsing their movies and tv shows without interruption, and TvTunes themes will only play when users enter the videos Information pane. This requires that the option 'Play music when browsing movie (or tvshow) list' is off in TvTunes configuration pane.

@nitePhyyre & tinybutstrong: as per items above, I believe Rob has worked on your requests and implemented the solutions. Have you been successful at trying them so far?
Thanks for the confirmation Jav,

I have updated the wiki with details of the skin change options.

Repo r186 was published as 4.3.0 since then the following TvTunes check-ins have been done:

r187 Only stop music if it was started by TvTunes
r192 Update unique check for Goear scraper
r193 Strip out anything in brackets for goear search
r194 Update version number and changelog
r196 Stop any playing outside audio before starting the theme

As far as I am aware - there are no more outstanding issues/requests.

I'll leave it a bit before publishing the next version of TvTunes just in case some-one spots an issue.

Thanks

Rob
Latest News

Hi all,

Just to give everyone an update of where things are.

As I understand it there are currently no outstanding reported issues with TV Tunes, and no additional feature requests outstanding. So it does sound like until any new requests or issues are raised TVTunes will go into a more mainanence mode. (I have now requested a publish to the official repository for v4.3.1).

Just to make it very clear, as I do not wish to offend anyone, TvTunes is completely free to use. However I have now added a donation button for anyone that wishes to support future development and support of TvTunes. Proceeds will be put towards the purchase of different hardware formats (I can currently only test on Windows). I thought with people willing to support things like iPhone development by paying £0.69/$0.99 - then maybe they would be willing to do the same for XBMC addons.

Also, a cross-plug! If you have a Sonos system - maybe check out the new Sonos Addon that I have started working on.

Thanks for your support

Rob
Hi rob..

I have noticed an issue that I have been having recently (latest installed version). What happens is when I go into a show, the master volume for XBMC gets set to 0%. I then have to manually raise the volume back to 100%. I have isolated the issue to TvTunes as disabling it the problem goes away. I have tested using Aeon Nox, Aeon MQ5 and Confluence, they all behave the same. I've been using the add-on for well over a year with no issues prior. I poked around the thread looking for other answers but haven't seen anything yet.

If you need anything else from me, let me know and I will try to provide what ever info I can.

Thanks.
Hi Tripps,

The back end (which is the only thing that changes the volume) hasn't changed for a while (most of the recent changes were for scraper support of goear.com).

If you can let me know the steps you are taking to reproduce the problem and a log to look at, I may be able to see what is happening

Are you using Frodo 12.3?

Rob
Hi Rob..

Yeah, I am using Frodo 12.3 right now. For reproducing, it's as simple as going into TV Shows, then selecting a show with a theme. The audio gets muted, but the MP3 is still playing. When I turn the volume back up in XBMC, the theme is playing. I posted a log for you as well to look at: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=112634

Thanks again..
(2014-01-19, 10:50)Tripps Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, I am using Frodo 12.3 right now. For reproducing, it's as simple as going into TV Shows, then selecting a show with a theme. The audio gets muted, but the MP3 is still playing. When I turn the volume back up in XBMC, the theme is playing. I posted a log for you as well to look at: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=112634

Please can you try it again with tvtunes logging enabled? Big Grin

Also, please can you let me know what your "audio" type settings in TvTunes settings are please. (Fade etc)

It may be the case that another plugin is not playing nicely with TvTunes, so if you have a few minutes, trying it by disabling some of the other addons may be useful.

Thanks

Rob
Hopefully this is what you needed..

Settings are as follows: Play Them in Loop = Off, Lower Sound Value = 20, Delay Start = 0, Fade Out = 0, Play when browsing list (both) = Off, Fade when Exiting = On, Fade in when Starting = Off, Shuffle = On, Random Start Time = Off, Limit Duration = 0

New log with TvTunes debugging enabled: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=112915

I will spend a bit of time and report back on disabling other addons.

Thanks!
Not had a proper chance to look, but a quick scan seems to show that the "current volume" that is retrieved seems a bit low to start with:

Code:
11:59:57 T:7728   DEBUG: script.tvtunes: Player: current volume: 6.66666666667%
11:59:57 T:7728   DEBUG: script.tvtunes: Player: volume goal: 0%

Can I ask what you have XBMC's volume set to by default?

Clearly a bug somewhere - but need to work out where, and need to be able to reproduce it if I'm going to be able to understand the bug and verify a fix.

Thanks

Rob
Hi Tripps,

I have changed the way that the "Initial Volume" is calculated.

Please can you try the following:

http://robwebset.googlecode.com/svn/trun...backend.py

Thanks

Rob
That definitely did the trick for me.. I've tested both my machines and TVTunes is working the way it should again. Thanks for your hard work on this awesome addon, and for helping us out..
(2014-01-21, 05:00)Tripps Wrote: [ -> ]That definitely did the trick for me.. I've tested both my machines and TVTunes is working the way it should again. Thanks for your hard work on this awesome addon, and for helping us out..

Glad it's working for you - should be published in the next run if no-one reports any issues with it.

I think we are back to having no bugs reported Big Grin

Thanks

Rob
Hi All,

If anyone is seeing the issue with themes being downloaded to the incorrect location, the issue was recently raised on the Google Issues list by Martin, with quite a bit of info and logging.

(It was previously raised on the forum, but was muddied by lots of other manually applied hook issues)

I have attached a possible patch for the issue (Although I have been unable to reproduce this myself), if you have seen the issue please can you try the patch applied to the following and let me know how you get on.

http://code.google.com/p/robwebset/issues/detail?id=36

Thanks

Rob
(2014-01-27, 14:04)rob_webset Wrote: [ -> ]Hi All,

If anyone is seeing the issue with themes being downloaded to the incorrect location, the issue was recently raised on the Google Issues list by Martin, with quite a bit of info and logging.

(It was previously raised on the forum, but was muddied by lots of other manually applied hook issues)

I have attached a possible patch for the issue (Although I have been unable to reproduce this myself), if you have seen the issue please can you try the patch applied to the following and let me know how you get on.

http://code.google.com/p/robwebset/issues/detail?id=36

Thanks

Rob

OK, doesn't appear that this is too big a problem for people - it's been a few days and no-one that reported the problem has verified if this fixes it or not. Just to be clear, I won't be applying this change if it isn't verified, so at the moment the next publish will not include this change.

If you have seen this problem, please can you let me know if this change fixes it. (Failing that I'll bin this change if I don't hear from anyone - but please don't re-report this error after I do)

Thanks

Rob
Please help

How do I get tv tunes addon to work wirelessly thru my Rasberry Pi..works flawlessly on wired computer.

Please Help I have been scouring these forums for a solution.