Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TvTunes Addon - Retrieve & Play Soundtracks Whilst Browsing Your Library
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-05-13, 12:46)hiimcody1 Wrote: [ -> ]Plugin installed on Gotham, themes downloaded, won't play or show button in info screen.

XBMC.log

Turn up volume, or maybe read the wiki, or give some more information on the operations you did (which screens, what do you have enabled in settings etc)

15 words and a log file just doesn't cut-it

Rob
Hiimcody1,

Have you turned on TvTunes in the skin settings? Both Confluence and Transparency! have built-in support so you should find that option in their respective config panels.
(2014-05-13, 13:08)capfuturo Wrote: [ -> ]Hiimcody1,

Have you turned on TvTunes in the skin settings? Both Confluence and Transparency! have built-in support so you should find that option in their respective config panels.

I bet that's the problem. I'll check when I get home. It almost has to be something like that since it wouldn't run on my win7 box or raspi.
(2014-05-13, 13:14)hiimcody1 Wrote: [ -> ]I bet that's the problem. I'll check when I get home. It almost has to be something like that since it wouldn't run on my win7 box or raspi.

This was the problem. Missed the bit where you have to actually enable it in the theme.

Works like a champ now.

Herp Derp.
Thank you very much! Now TVTunes works for titles scraped in different language.

I have one, additional request - an option to save the tunes into a folder named after the folder which host the movie/show.

What i mean is when a XBMC installation have two profiles and each scrapes the information in different language TVTunes will need to download each tune twice, at least when custom paths are being used. TVTunes uses the display name for a folder name when it creates a folder for the tunes - as result for every element of the library (when there are two profiles which are using different languages for scraping) there is a need to have two differently named folder containing the same tune.

Creating an option to replacing the display title as a source for the name of the folders which are created would fix this "problem".
TVtunes v4.4.3 appears to hang XBMC for 8-10 minutes when entering the video information view for a Movie. This particular movie is stored as VIDEO_TS files. There is not a theme song on my disk for this movie.

Here is my XBMC setup.
OpenElec 4.0.1 which uses Gotham 13.1 beta 1
Old HP SFF AMD socket 939 3500+ processor with Nvidia/ASUS GT610 video card
Confluence skin with TVtunes enabled in the skin

My movies are on a samba share to a server:
HP Proliant MicroServer
Windows Server 2011
Movies are stored on a disk shared with SAMBA. One movie per directory. DVDs are stored under VIDEO_TS directory within movie directory

I can view the list of movies without problem, but when I select a movie the video information is shown and "Working" with the spinning circle appears. The system is then unresponsive. Although the screen will dim due to the screen saver, and my IR receiver will light up when buttons are pressed on the remote, XMBC appears to be stuck. No button presses other than the power button have an effect.

Here is the log file

Strangely, this only occurs when I show the video information for a movie stored as VIDEO_TS files. No hang is observed when showing the information for a movie stored as an mkv file.

If I turn TVTunes off in the setting in the Confluence skin, no hang is observed.

When I switch to xperience1080++, the hang occurs when I try to play the VIDEO_TS movie rather than when the video information is first shown. The screen changes from the DVD info screen to the Movie Wall, and the red busy indicator appears. The DVD does not play, or show the DVD menu for about 10 minutes. As with the Confluence skin, no problem is seen with movies stored as an mkv file.

This is the same system that I reported the issue with the videoExtras database. I am not using a customDir for the tvtunes though. Your first guess may be that I have a corrupted setup, but I have wiped XBMC and re-installed openElec and the situation does not change.

Here is the tvtunes settings.xml
Code:
<settings>
    <setting id="custom_path" value="" />
    <setting id="custom_path_enable" value="false" />
    <setting id="delayStart" value="0" />
    <setting id="downvolume" value="14" />
    <setting id="endafter" value="2" />
    <setting id="exact_match" value="false" />
    <setting id="fadeIn" value="false" />
    <setting id="fadeOut" value="false" />
    <setting id="flac" value="false" />
    <setting id="logEnabled" value="true" />
    <setting id="loop" value="false" />
    <setting id="m4a" value="false" />
    <setting id="movielist" value="false" />
    <setting id="mp3" value="true" />
    <setting id="multiThemeDownload" value="false" />
    <setting id="musicvideolist" value="false" />
    <setting id="random" value="false" />
    <setting id="searchMovieDownload" value="false" />
    <setting id="searchSubDir" value="false" />
    <setting id="showVideoInfoButton" value="true" />
    <setting id="shuffle" value="false" />
    <setting id="smb_login" value="Iris" />
    <setting id="smb_psw" value="xxxxxxx" />
    <setting id="smb_share" value="false" />
    <setting id="subDirName" value="Themes" />
    <setting id="themeSearchSource" value="televisiontunes.com" />
    <setting id="trackLengthLimit" value="20" />
    <setting id="tvlist" value="true" />
    <setting id="wav" value="true" />
    <setting id="wma" value="false" />
</settings>
@bbqbob

Looks like you are getting the username/password added to the path twice in some cases, the delay appears to be the network request timing out.

Please can you try the following patch:

https://code.google.com/p/robwebset/source/detail?r=396

@NEOhidra

This has two issues that would need addressing
1) What would we use instead - can't use the XBMC DBID as this would require a re-fetch of all themes if you ever rescanned your videos.
2) Changing the key would cause upgrade issues for people.
One option would to be to put NFO files for each program pointing to the theme.

Edit/Update: Obviously, sounds like the best approach for multiple profiles is to store the themes with the Videos! Big Grin
Hi all,

I recently updated XBMC Frodo 12.3 to Gotham stable 13.0 and have a problem. (I'm using Tvtunes 4.4.3)

If I use Aeon Nox Beta 5.0.4 skin, ost of tv series sound perfectly when navigating throught tv-series menu. The issue is I don't want this skin, and when I use Aeon Nox 4.1.9.9 for Gotham or even default Confluence the music is not played.

I've reinstall tvtunes, check one million times the settings, and even try under Windows and under Linux (the problem is common to both operative systems).

Can anyone help me?

Many thanks in advance
(2014-05-16, 18:55)Tassadar Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all,

I recently updated XBMC Frodo 12.3 to Gotham stable 13.0 and have a problem. (I'm using Tvtunes 4.4.3)

If I use Aeon Nox Beta 5.0.4 skin, ost of tv series sound perfectly when navigating throught tv-series menu. The issue is I don't want this skin, and when I use Aeon Nox 4.1.9.9 for Gotham or even default Confluence the music is not played.

I've reinstall tvtunes, check one million times the settings, and even try under Windows and under Linux (the problem is common to both operative systems).

Can anyone help me?

Many thanks in advance

This is something that can be solved by reading the wiki:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...In_Support

For confluence, read post 557 (Not many before yours)
(2014-05-16, 19:03)rob_webset Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-05-16, 18:55)Tassadar Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all,

Can anyone help me?

Many thanks in advance

This is something that can be solved by reading the wiki:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...In_Support

For confluence, read post 557 (Not many before yours)

Many thanks rob_webset,

Now it works with confluente but problem with Aeon Nox 4.1.9.9 remains, I have check settings for this skin and script.tvtunes appears as "YES", any idea?

Many thanks again
Duplicated

Please remove this post
(2014-05-16, 09:02)rob_webset Wrote: [ -> ]@bbqbob

Looks like you are getting the username/password added to the path twice in some cases, the delay appears to be the network request timing out.

Please can you try the following patch:

https://code.google.com/p/robwebset/source/detail?r=396

I applied the patch and this corrected the hang that I was experiencing when viewing the info on movies. Thanks! I don't have any movies with theme tunes though. However, when I went to my TV list, and scrolled through the list (even prior to viewing the info) XBMC hung.

When I first opened the TV list from the main XBMC menu, the tune for the first movie in the list started to play. I thought this was nice. However, after moving down in the list XBMC hung such that I could not longer move up or down. No tune was playing. Perhaps this is another instance of the username/password problem. I didn't have time to try other things out or generate a log. I will do that later.

Why is there a Samba username and password in the TVtunes settings? When should it be used? This setting does not exist in the videoExtras settings. so why does TVtunes need it?
(2014-05-16, 21:29)bbqbob Wrote: [ -> ]Why is there a Samba username and password in the TVtunes settings? When should it be used? This setting does not exist in the videoExtras settings. so why does TVtunes need it?

TvTunes needs write-able permissions to the custom path so it can save the downloaded themes fetched via TvTunes scraper. If the share requires a username and password for this purpose, then TvTunes is able to access it. VideoExtras add-on does not fetch and save extra content, only reads it; this content is user-generated.

(2014-05-16, 21:29)bbqbob Wrote: [ -> ]... However, when I went to my TV list, and scrolled through the list (even prior to viewing the info) XBMC hung.

When I first opened the TV list from the main XBMC menu, the tune for the first movie in the list started to play. I thought this was nice. However, after moving down in the list XBMC hung such that I could not longer move up or down. No tune was playing. Perhaps this is another instance of the username/password problem. I didn't have time to try other things out or generate a log. I will do that later.
This could be due to 3 possible causes:
1) Depending on where your tunes are located: speed of network and type of NAS configuration that has been deployed, there is an inevitable lag at accessing and serving them [the themes]. I recall some users experiencing a certain lag, which would be from near none to quite a bit, generating stuttering at browsing. Nevertheless this should not happen and one should be able to browse and listen to the themes play in absolute smoothness even with delay set to zero. Usually it gets resolved by increasing the delay at starting the theme play, which by default is zero or near zero. Try increasing it to 1 or 2 seconds in option 'delay Theme Start (seconds) and press 'ok'.
2) Slow CPU
3) A new issue, in which case a log would be greatly appreciated if items 1) and 2) have been discarded as possible causes.
(2014-05-16, 21:29)bbqbob Wrote: [ -> ]Why is there a Samba username and password in the TVtunes settings? When should it be used? This setting does not exist in the videoExtras settings. so why does TVtunes need it?

This setting was here before I got involved in TvTunes, so I'm not entirely sure if it is required. It would be good if the people with Samba setups could test it set and not set and let me know if there is any change in behaviour - we may be able to remove it. (It might be because it could try and play a theme before anything else has accessed the network to authenticate, so needs the username/password in the connection string?). It may have just been needed for Pre-Frodo releases - who knows Huh

VideoExtras doesn't have it because I wrote that from scratch and no-one seemed to have any issues with Samba that required it.

Rob
(2014-05-16, 09:02)rob_webset Wrote: [ -> ]2) Changing the key would cause upgrade issues for people.

I am not asking for a change. I am aware that my request is isolated case. I was wondering if TVTune can have two different modes wich would give people with setup like mine an alternative. I do not want you to change the way TVTunes works.

If i want to switch to the alternative naming then of course a rescrape would be required - but it will be required only for me - the one who wants to use the alternative folder naming scheme.

There is a way to achieve my goal (even now) without alternation of the code - by using the movies folders. Here is what i do not like in that case. My media is on the network, the server does not use hardware RAID and my HTPC is AMD E-350 with SSD. The playback from the SSD is a lot faster - having to wait for the tunes from the media server is something i would like to avoid. And having them locally (on the SSD) definitely results in faster playback start then having the tunes somewhere else.