Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TvTunes Addon - Retrieve & Play Soundtracks Whilst Browsing Your Library
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-05-20, 04:27)capfuturo Wrote: [ -> ]@sahara: further information on your set up and what are you actually doing to play the themes would be useful. What are your TvTunes configuration options and what steps do you follow when you trying to listen to a theme, etc... I'd like to share a few observations in the meantime:

1) What is the skin you are using?
2) There is something not quite right on your debug. You should have debug level 2 and line 25 of your log doesn't quite agree with it:
Code:
21:06:24 T:3940  NOTICE: Disabled debug logging due to GUI setting. Level 0.
21:06:24 T:3940  NOTICE: Log level changed to 0
3) Is this a fresh install or did you install Gotham on top of Frodo? Same for TvTunes add-on: did you have it previously installed or is it a fresh install? What version of TvTunes are you using? A healthy installation is mandatory to get things working properly.
4) Have you followed all the steps specified in TvTunes wiki? (Link on 1st post of this thread)

Hi,

thanks for the feedback.

1. The default Confluence one, I also tried it with Aeon Nox.
2. I made an advancedsettings file with level 2, I hope it is right now.
3. I am a new user so everything is fresh.
4. I just activated the plug-in with the settings to automatically download the tune if it finds, to search for Movie themes, to show the tvtunes button and to ask the user for the default search source. On playback play themes is enabled.

It doesn't do anything when I am on my TV Shows tab, and nothing when searching manually. So, I downloaded an intro from televisiontunes.com, added it in the TV Show folder and renamed it to theme.mp3, which it then also finds in tvtunes but alas, it doesn't play.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=206042
Did you also enable tvtunes in your system settings? There is an on/off switch there.
Yes, forgot to mention that
@sahara:
1) What is file system configuration in TvTunes Config panel? Is 'support themes in sub folders' selected or not?
2) Are you entering the info panel of your tv show/movie to listen to the theme (pressing 'I' key)?
No, not is sub folders, and not pressing I, just hovering the mouse over....but I believe it works now...I tried the other theme from Aeon Nox and now it is playing the two files I manually added, which is OK for me. Weird, the other themes should also be supported...

Thanks guys!
That could simply be because there is a setting in config panel that says: 'Play themes when browsing movie/tv show list' that Aeon Nox perhaps might have toggled on by default. This allows you to listen to your themes as you hover on the videos and not just by entering their 'Info' panels.

In any case, glad you worked it out, and as a recommendation: the option 'Automatically download if an exact match is found' works best in Televisiontunes due to the fact that this online database has been purpose-made for tv show themes, meaning there is no other content. For the other scrapers such as Goear, Grooveshark or Soundcloud, that option could be very tricky and at the same time could prevent you from accessing the right themes and so much more rich audio content that could be available for your movies and tv shows.
Hi All,

Just to let you know I have just requested a new publish of v4.4.4, changelog:

Code:
v4.4.4
- Make sure there is only one username/password in smb shares
- Play existing theme when using plugin theme browser to search for new theme

Thanks

Rob
after installing latest update I'm getting script error "tvtunes_backend.py" failed .............can you help please
(2014-05-22, 13:12)Razieal Wrote: [ -> ]after installing latest update I'm getting script error "tvtunes_backend.py" failed .............can you help please

Please post a log file and I may be able to help

Rob
i will in a bit mate n thanks

another problem I'm having is i have enabled playing tunes while browsing tv list as far as i know it should play tune while scrolling through or hoovering over tv show and also when i press i to bring info page .......in my case tune only plays when i open up a tv show and on the seasons page ......can you please suggest what to do thanks
(2014-05-22, 13:12)Razieal Wrote: [ -> ]after installing latest update I'm getting script error "tvtunes_backend.py" failed .............can you help please

I have just seen that error when my main XBMC install updated - looking in the log, you get:

Code:
19:20:32 T:1832   ERROR: C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.tvtunes\default.py not found!
19:20:32 T:1832   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IOError'>
                                            Error Contents: (2, 'No such file or directory', 'C:\\Users\\admin\\AppData\\Roaming\\XBMC\\addons\\script.tvtunes\\default.py')
                                            IOError: (2, 'No such file or directory', 'C:\\Users\\admin\\AppData\\Roaming\\XBMC\\addons\\script.tvtunes\\default.py')
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
19:20:32 T:3288  NOTICE: Thread CFileCache start, auto delete: false

So it looks like it's just trying to run "while the update is taking place" - so you should be OK after that I guess

Rob
no i have tried to run after update completed and still same error
@Razieal: In order for help to arrive I strongly encourage you to post a log (full log including TVTunes and XBMC debugging on) reproducing the issue you are experiencing, plus a bit more information such as what skin, XBMC version and TVTunes's file system you are using, etc..
Hi,

First of all, I would like to apologize for my bad english. I hope you'll still understand me Big Grin

Configuration : Gotham / Aeon Nox 4.1.9.9

Here is a debug file : http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=208233

I think I have the same problem as Tassadar (http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=208233). I have toggled the option "Play themes when browsing Movie list", but the first time I am navigating through movies menu, no music is playing at all. I have to go to the Information panel of any movie then when I go back "the add-on is activated" for all movie. Did I miss an option or anything else ?

Thank you very much for your help !