Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TvTunes Addon - Retrieve & Play Soundtracks Whilst Browsing Your Library
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-11-20, 21:20)PMisYMMV Wrote: [ -> ]Lower volume does not seem to take affect in firetv, but works fine on windows. Whatever setting I give, it always is on full volume.
Sorry if this is already covered. Can some one please help how to lower the tvtunes volume on firetv, or another way to fix it at a lower level outside UI

I did a quick google - lookslike like this is a know problem with XBMC/FireTV:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/fire-tv/...t-t2802704

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1745592

Rob
(2014-11-20, 22:23)Wanilton Wrote: [ -> ]@rob_webset, I have error script when try start for test via preview item in settings, if I wait screensave time, script run perfect

Hi Wanilton,

I've been running it trying to reproduce the problem, but can not get it to fail. I have however read through the code carefully and think I've seen a possible race condition, so hopefully the following will fix it:

https://robwebset.googlecode.com/svn/rel...-4.5.4.zip

Thanks for your help

Rob
(2014-11-20, 09:07)rob_webset Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-11-20, 01:38)dpar Wrote: [ -> ]Tvtunes just started failing on me the last few days. I didn't make any changes myself. I was on 4.5.0 but I updated after the problem started to 4.5.2 to see if it would fix the issue, but it is still failing. Any ideas why? Here is a debug log:

http://pastebin.com/DZysCUKS

Looks like you are getting some form of error when you access soundcloud:

Code:
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
                                            Error Contents: cannot import name CertificateError
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.tvtunes\default.py", line 25, in <module>
                                                from scraper import TvTunesScraper
                                              File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.tvtunes\resources\lib\scraper.py", line 17, in <module>
                                                from themeFetcher import TvTunesFetcher
                                              File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.tvtunes\resources\lib\themeFetcher.py", line 31, in <module>
                                                import soundcloud
                                              File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.tvtunes\resources\lib\soundcloud\__init__.py", line 9, in <module>
                                                from soundcloud.client import Client
                                              File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.tvtunes\resources\lib\soundcloud\client.py", line 5, in <module>
                                                from soundcloud.request import make_request
                                              File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.tvtunes\resources\lib\soundcloud\request.py", line 3, in <module>
                                                import requests
                                              File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.requests\lib\requests\__init__.py", line 58, in <module>
                                                from . import utils
                                              File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.requests\lib\requests\utils.py", line 25, in <module>
                                                from .compat import parse_http_list as _parse_list_header
                                              File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.requests\lib\requests\compat.py", line 92, in <module>
                                                from .packages.urllib3.packages.ordered_dict import OrderedDict
                                              File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.requests\lib\requests\packages\urllib3\__init__.py", line 16, in <module>
                                                from .connectionpool import (
                                              File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.requests\lib\requests\packages\urllib3\connectionpool.py", line 34, in <module>
                                                from .packages.ssl_match_hostname import CertificateError
                                            ImportError: cannot import name CertificateError
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

Have you tried the latest Gotham - looks like you may be using an old version - maybe missing something in one of the libraries?

Rob

I updated to the latest Gotham build (13.2), completely removed and reinstalled (deleted the addon folder) TvTunes and reinstalled version 4.5.2. Still get the same exact error message. This has to be some update issue as I never had an issue until the last few days. Gonna check if any other addons updated recently when I have a chance, but it is odd.
(2014-11-21, 01:32)dpar Wrote: [ -> ]I updated to the latest Gotham build (13.2), completely removed and reinstalled (deleted the addon folder) TvTunes and reinstalled version 4.5.2. Still get the same exact error message. This has to be some update issue as I never had an issue until the last few days. Gonna check if any other addons updated recently when I have a chance, but it is odd.

If you look at the module that is throwing the error it's: "script.module.requests"

You may want to post on that modules thread.

Rob
Rob,

Is there any way to limit the time of the theme?
Some movie themes have two minutes ..... It is the same film for 2 minutes not good and sometimes (depending on the theme).

I think limiting the theme 1 minute .... But if you do not have everything as well! Just disable touch theme ....

Thank you for this addon Wonderful!
Rob,

I was wondering if it is or would be possible for the theme to play when selecting shows in the "recently added" list?
(2014-11-22, 04:55)iorifly Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any way to limit the time of the theme?
Some movie themes have two minutes ..... It is the same film for 2 minutes not good and sometimes (depending on the theme).

I think limiting the theme 1 minute .... But if you do not have everything as well! Just disable touch theme ....

Thank you for this addon Wonderful!

Depends what you are referring to, if you are talking about the screensaver, then unfortunately not - if TvTunes sends the stop signal to the background player - it causes the screensaver to stop (Most probably because it is seen as "activity")

If you are talking about then you are normally browsing the Video Library, then please read the wiki.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:TvTunes#Playback

(2014-11-22, 05:00)HuddaDudda Wrote: [ -> ]I was wondering if it is or would be possible for the theme to play when selecting shows in the "recently added" list?

These are sort of listed differently - and are deliberately excluded in the code (Can't remember the exact reason).
(2014-11-20, 22:27)iorifly Wrote: [ -> ]Rob,

In visualization of Appletv, some images are stuck in the top of the screen.

Thanks for reporting this, I have just managed to reproduce this, will be fixed under:

https://code.google.com/p/robwebset/source/detail?r=549

Thanks

Rob
Hi All,

Just to let you know, the latest TvTunes version with the new Screensaver included has been published on the official repo - so people whould be picking it up now.

Please let me know if you see any issues.

Thanks

Rob

Edit: Also updated the Wiki
Hey Rob,

I've tried the addon on the newest Kodi 14 beta but it did not work at all... I was just wondering if you support the beta versions?

Maybe it's just a problem with my machine.
(2014-11-24, 16:38)boerkeboel Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Rob,

I've tried the addon on the newest Kodi 14 beta but it did not work at all... I was just wondering if you support the beta versions?

Maybe it's just a problem with my machine.

It was working for Helix previously - do you have a log file?

Rob

Edit: I just tested with Beta 4 and things appear to work fine on my windows system.
Hi All,

I have found a problem that I think will result in very slow startup of the screensaver when there are lots of Videos and images. In adition to this it will also not respond to a screensaver exit request until it has loaded all the images.

I'll request another publish of a fix now.

Thanks

Rob
thanks rob_webset, apply your fix, but I have this error in helix beta 4, when try start via settings, windows 8.1

Code:
9:25:20 T:9092  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
09:25:22 T:9092   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IndexError'>
                                            Error Contents: list index out of range
                                              File "C:\Program Files\Kodi\addons\script.tvtunes\saver.py", line 22, in <module>
                                                launchScreensaver()
                                              File "C:\Program Files\Kodi\addons\script.tvtunes\resources\lib\screensaver.py", line 1144, in launchScreensaver
                                                screensaver.start_loop()
                                              File "C:\Program Files\Kodi\addons\script.tvtunes\resources\lib\screensaver.py", line 481, in start_loop
                                                imageDetails = imageGroup.getNextImage()
                                              File "C:\Program Files\Kodi\addons\script.tvtunes\resources\lib\screensaver.py", line 352, in getNextImage
                                                return self.images[self.currentImageIdx]
                                            IndexError: list index out of range
09:25:30 T:9716  NOTICE: Storing total System Uptime

Same error my previous post #809
(2014-11-25, 13:29)Wanilton Wrote: [ -> ]thanks rob_webset, apply your fix, but I have this error in helix beta 4, when try start via settings, windows 8.1

Code:
09:25:22 T:9092   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                              File "C:\Program Files\Kodi\addons\script.tvtunes\saver.py", line 22, in <module>
                                                launchScreensaver()
                                              File "C:\Program Files\Kodi\addons\script.tvtunes\resources\lib\screensaver.py", line 1144, in launchScreensaver
                                                screensaver.start_loop()
                                              File "C:\Program Files\Kodi\addons\script.tvtunes\resources\lib\screensaver.py", line 481, in start_loop
                                              File "C:\Program Files\Kodi\addons\script.tvtunes\resources\lib\screensaver.py", line 352, in getNextImage

Hi Wanilton,

Please can you enable debug logging and let me kvbe a complete log?

Thanks

Rob
(2014-11-25, 13:44)rob_webset Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-11-25, 13:29)Wanilton Wrote: [ -> ]thanks rob_webset, apply your fix, but I have this error in helix beta 4, when try start via settings, windows 8.1

Code:
                                                launchScreensaver()
                                                screensaver.start_loop()

Hi Wanilton,

Please can you enable debug logging and let me kvbe a complete log?

Thanks

Rob

Hi Wanilton,

Please can you give the following a quick test.

https://code.google.com/p/robwebset/source/detail?r=553

Thanks

Rob