Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TvTunes Addon - Retrieve & Play Soundtracks Whilst Browsing Your Library
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

(2014-12-21, 15:15)capfuturo Wrote: [ -> ]@Judocama: new to TvTunes? Cool A year ago you asked the same question. Please see the thread which extends from post 342 to 357 http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1587520

Regarding special characters: I was in the impression there was no problem with this since TvTunes plays themes for my films with diacritics in their title, however this may be different for remote locations as you report. Does your problem with accent also happen for movies in local source (local naming convention)?

Sorry, did not remember previously in use. The truth is that from then until about a month ago have not gone back to using xbmc and has been in kodi when I have encouraged again.
Thanks for answering so quickly. Indeed if the song is in the local directory if you play it but not when this network.
Even if this network and has no accent but I put the year also don´t play it.

Guardians of the Galaxy - Play fine
Guardians of the Galaxy (2014) - Not play

Malefica - Play fine
Maléfica - Not play

Really I have the directory over my mac whith Yosemite
Volumes/Kodi/TVTUNES/
Really doesn´t network is a volume in my pc.

I hope your help. A greeting.
Themes don't play when I browse a Smart List, but it does work when I select a TV Show in the Smart List. (I've turned on the appropriate TvTunes setting and tested it works OK when I browse using the normal TV Shows menu.)

I have read in this thread this is an issue due to using Smart Lists.

My question is, is there anyway I can make it work? (I am happy to play around with nfo, xml, xsp files, etc. My smart list selects one folder from a couple of TV type folders, which I only do in order to separate documentaries).

I am using OpenElec Kodi 5.0 (generic x86).

NOTE FOR OTHERS: TvTunes (and possibly other Apps) don't work if you use Sources which are Samba paths with the login/pwd in the path.

Thanks
@orangesky: all claims/statements should come with the corresponding log files. Please provide them.
(2014-12-30, 14:55)orangesky Wrote: [ -> ]NOTE FOR OTHERS: TvTunes (and possibly other Apps) don't work if you use Sources which are Samba paths with the login/pwd in the path.

Hi orangesky,

As capfuturo has already pointed out, this is a pretty unhelpful statement.

Things should work, but there may be an issue - so debug information would be useful - rather than just announcing to the entire world that "It doesn't work with SMB" (and no additional details) - I have spotted an issue on the Screensaver part, that may then also help the standard TvTunes section. Please can you try the following patch:

https://code.google.com/p/robwebset/source/detail?r=610

Thanks

Rob
(2014-12-30, 20:59)rob_webset Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-12-30, 14:55)orangesky Wrote: [ -> ]NOTE FOR OTHERS: TvTunes (and possibly other Apps) don't work if you use Sources which are Samba paths with the login/pwd in the path.

Hi orangesky,

Things should work, but there may be an issue - so debug information would be useful - rather than just announcing to the entire world that "It doesn't work with SMB" (and no additional details) - I have spotted an issue on the Screensaver part, that may then also help the standard TvTunes section. Please can you try the following patch:

Thanks

Rob

First, I LOVE your work. I've just spent two days setting up themes. I only want to help others, but I agree with your and capfuturo points. I guess I am just tired. I've lost a lot of sleep setting up Kodi as best as I can - it's addictive! When you think you're done you find something like TvTunes! I've drunk too much coffee.

So, regarding the Samba issue, I can't give you a debug log. I've just rebuilt my library. I got duplicates movies in my library, after I removed the login/pwd from my sources.xml paths. I'd have to risk doing that again - don't think I can do that - not today - way too tired. However, I can say that I read lots of posts in this forum and googled it again and again, but then I tried the OpenElec forum where I found a post saying that embedding Samba login/pwd into sources.xml (smb://mylogin:[email protected]/tv/) was the cause of their problem. I've been using this Samba type of path without issues. Anyway, I thought I'd try it. So, I dropped mylogin:pwd@ and then changed the permission of the guest account on the NAS box. Next thing I know I am doing my happy dance (you don't want to see it. It lasted about 5 minutes!).

So, regarding the browsing of a smart playlist made up of only "TV Shows", I'll try what you've given me (in a couple of days - need a break), and I'll get a debug log if it is still not working.

(Just to let you know, if I select a TV show in the smart playlist, it then plays the theme. Also, browsing a smart playlist made up of only "Movies" works fine. So, the problem seems to only be with browsing a "TV Shows" smart playlist. I've read the posts and have made sure I've turned on TvTunes in the right places. I've turned on TV Show browsing. I've made Play the option when selecting files.)

Thanks for getting back to me, I'll get back to you soon with more information.

(2014-12-30, 21:50)orangesky Wrote: [ -> ]

Hi orangesky,

Thanks

Rob

First, I LOVE your work. I've just spent two days setting up themes. I only want to help others, but I agree with your and capfuturo points. I guess I am just tired. I've lost a lot of sleep setting up Kodi as best as I can - it's addictive! When you think you're done you find something like TvTunes! I've drunk too much coffee.

So, regarding the Samba issue, I can't give you a debug log. I've just rebuilt my library. I got duplicates movies in my library, after I removed the login/pwd from my sources.xml paths. I'd have to risk doing that again - don't think I can do that - not today - way too tired. However, I can say that I read lots of posts in this forum and googled it again and again, but then I tried the OpenElec forum where I found a post saying that embedding Samba login/pwd into sources.xml (smb://mylogin:[email protected]/tv/) was the cause of their problem. I've been using this Samba type of path without issues. Anyway, I thought I'd try it. So, I dropped mylogin:pwd@ and then changed the permission of the guest account on the NAS box. Next thing I know I am doing my happy dance (you don't want to see it. It lasted about 5 minutes!).

So, regarding the browsing of a smart playlist made up of only "TV Shows", I'll try what you've given me (in a couple of days - need a break), and I'll get a debug log if it is still not working.

(Just to let you know, if I select a TV show in the smart playlist, it then plays the theme. Also, browsing a smart playlist made up of only "Movies" works fine. So, the problem seems to only be with browsing a "TV Shows" smart playlist. I've read the posts and have made sure I've turned on TvTunes in the right places. I've turned on TV Show browsing. I've made Play the option when selecting files.)

Ah! I just looked at the change you gave me. That's too fix the Samba login/pwd problem. Told you I was tired. I'll have to redo my work to test that. Give me some time to get back to you.

Also, I'll try and get you a debug log for the browsing tv show smart playlists problem.

Thanks

Hi orangesky,

Thanks

Rob

(2014-12-30, 20:59)rob_webset Wrote: [ -> ]Hi orangesky,

Thanks

Rob

Ah! I just looked at the change you gave me. That's too fix the Samba login/pwd problem. Told you I was tired. I'll have to redo my work to test that. Give me some time to get back to you.

Also, I'll try and get you a debug log for the browsing tv show smart playlists problem.

Thanks

I will get back to you regarding the Samba test as I need time to put it back to how it was when it wasn't working. Then I'll make those changes you gave me and test.

Regarding the issue of themes not playing when browsing a "TV Shows" smart playlist, where the rule is "path contains TV" and there's only one folder named TV. Here is the debug log:

http://pastebin.com/mx2Zc4EA

Interestingly, it works OK for a Movies smart playlist. Here is a debug log where I browse a "Movies" smart playlist, where the rule is simply "path contains 3D" and there's only one folder named 3D:

http://pastebin.com/294FYbb6

Lastly, here is a debug log where it works for "TV Shows" (i.e. no playlist being used):

http://pastebin.com/CccwUcUg

It looks like the difference between these debug logs, is that in the first one (the one where themes are not played while browsing), the OpenDir event/trigger/line is not created when you move from TV Show to TV Show.

I'm guessing to fix this browsing TV Shows smart playlist issue, the Kodi smartlist code will need to be changed rather than TvTunes code.

Hope this helps and I'll get back to you when I can with the Samba login/pwd path test results.
TvTunes don´t work with myqsl configuratión?

Thanks in advance.
(2014-12-31, 21:41)judocama Wrote: [ -> ]TvTunes don´t work with myqsl configuratión?

Thanks in advance.

I've not had any issues with MySQL. I don't use it.
(2014-12-31, 18:57)orangesky Wrote: [ -> ]I will get back to you regarding the Samba test as I need time to put it back to how it was when it wasn't working. Then I'll make those changes you gave me and test.

Regarding the issue of themes not playing when browsing a "TV Shows" smart playlist, where the rule is "path contains TV" and there's only one folder named TV. Here is the debug log:

Interestingly, it works OK for a Movies smart playlist. Here is a debug log where I browse a "Movies" smart playlist, where the rule is simply "path contains 3D" and there's only one folder named 3D:

Lastly, here is a debug log where it works for "TV Shows" (i.e. no playlist being used):

It looks like the difference between these debug logs, is that in the first one (the one where themes are not played while browsing), the OpenDir event/trigger/line is not created when you move from TV Show to TV Show.

I'm guessing to fix this browsing TV Shows smart playlist issue, the Kodi smartlist code will need to be changed rather than TvTunes code.

Hope this helps and I'll get back to you when I can with the Samba login/pwd path test results.

There doesn't appear to be any logging enabled:

http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:TvTunes#Debugging

(2014-12-31, 21:41)judocama Wrote: [ -> ]TvTunes don´t work with myqsl configuratión?

Thanks in advance.

Lets say "yes" ... wait a minute "no" .. hold on, what does it matter? Not enough information to really say anything! Lets also make it clear:

Most children like chocolate!

Rob
(2015-01-01, 10:44)rob_webset Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-12-31, 18:57)orangesky Wrote: [ -> ]I will get back to you regarding the Samba test as I need time to put it back to how it was when it wasn't working. Then I'll make those changes you gave me and test.

Thanks in advance.

Lets say "yes" ... wait a minute "no" .. hold on, what does it matter? Not enough information to really say anything! Lets also make it clear:

Most children like chocolate!

Rob

Sorry Rob , some things hard for me to understand because my English is very simple. What I wanted to ask if somehow or some alternative programs might work. Do not be angry with me. A greeting and congratulations for this wonderful addon.

Hi orangesky,

Thanks

Rob

Nice one Rob, that code change fixes the issue. Thanks!
(2015-01-01, 10:44)rob_webset Wrote: [ -> ][quote='orangesky' pid='1875980' dateline='1420045030']
I will get back to you regarding the Samba test as I need time to put it back to how it was when it wasn't working. Then I'll make those changes you gave me and test.

Hi Rob. Here's the debug log with TvTunes debugging turned on: http://pastebin.com/DYkYmhU4

You can see me browsing (right, right, down, left, left) and nothing happens. If I open a TV show folder, it plays the theme. Just doesn't work when browsing. Anything you can do to make this work for TV Show smart playlists will be very appreciated.

Here is the smart playlist: http://pastebin.com/babDaGpM

I'll do my best to test anything you want.

Thanks
(2015-01-02, 16:18)orangesky Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Rob. Here's the debug log with TvTunes debugging turned on: http://pastebin.com/DYkYmhU4

You can see me browsing (right, right, down, left, left) and nothing happens. If I open a TV show folder, it plays the theme. Just doesn't work when browsing. Anything you can do to make this work for TV Show smart playlists will be very appreciated.

Thanks

Did you want to give the following a test drive - I think it might give you what you are looking for Big Grin

https://code.google.com/p/robwebset/source/detail?r=621

Rob
(2015-01-02, 17:17)rob_webset Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-01-02, 16:18)orangesky Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Rob. Here's the debug log with TvTunes debugging turned on: http://pastebin.com/DYkYmhU4

Thanks

Did you want to give the following a test drive - I think it might give you what you are looking for Big Grin

Rob

You are fast! I'll let you know asap. Thanks! Big Grin
(2015-01-02, 17:17)rob_webset Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks

Rob

Dude, that works! Thanks very much. Sent you a donation as I'm really happy it's working Big Grin