Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TvTunes Addon - Retrieve & Play Soundtracks Whilst Browsing Your Library
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm using xperience1080++.

I'm really a newb at this. i only installed the add on.

What do i need to do more?

(thanks for the replies)
I think this was the only skin change for Aeon Nox. Don't know if it will work with yours or not.
Code:
<onload condition="Skin.HasSetting(ActivateTvTunes) + System.HasAddon(script.tvtunes)">XBMC.RunScript(script.tvtunes,backend=True&amp;loop=False)</onload>
Shutdown XBMC. Make a backup copy of file DialogVideoInfo.xml. Add the code above to the file DialogVideoInfo.xml. And then launch XBMC.

This works with Aeon Nox. Hopefully with your skin too. You will probably see other OnLoad conditions near the top of the file. Add this one just below them. Be sure to create a backup copy first though, just in case.
Figured out the naming convention of the custom path for themes, question is do I include the movie themes in the same folder? I'm assuming I just respect the convention of each TV Show/Movie in it's own folder, all inside a main theme folder. Is there not scope for naming clashes? If this was the case, it would probably work better to have separate folders for Movie and TV themes to avoid this.

I'm keen on having a custom path for themes because I'm getting a bit of lag on my PC (hardware related), which that could help with.
Work fine with skin Aeon MQ 5, too, BTW. One thing sometimes script mute xbmc and need press button + for get sound again.
(2013-10-01, 19:18)Deano316 Wrote: [ -> ]Figured out the naming convention of the custom path for themes, question is do I include the movie themes in the same folder? I'm assuming I just respect the convention of each TV Show/Movie in it's own folder, all inside a main theme folder. Is there not scope for naming clashes? If this was the case, it would probably work better to have separate folders for Movie and TV themes to avoid this.

I'm keen on having a custom path for themes because I'm getting a bit of lag on my PC (hardware related), which that could help with.

You will only get a name clash is the TV program and Film have Exactly the same name - in which case there is a good chance they are the pilot film then the TV series which have the same themes anyway?
(2013-10-01, 19:20)Wanilton Wrote: [ -> ]Work fine with skin Aeon MQ 5, too, BTW. One thing sometimes script mute xbmc and need press button + for get sound again.

Would be good to get a log for exactly when it does that - I wasn't aware of any problem. I have however seen some issues when the screensaver kicks in. (inc. Time code of when it happened)
(2013-10-01, 19:31)rob_webset Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-10-01, 19:18)Deano316 Wrote: [ -> ]Figured out the naming convention of the custom path for themes, question is do I include the movie themes in the same folder? I'm assuming I just respect the convention of each TV Show/Movie in it's own folder, all inside a main theme folder. Is there not scope for naming clashes? If this was the case, it would probably work better to have separate folders for Movie and TV themes to avoid this.

You will only get a name clash is the TV program and Film have Exactly the same name - in which case there is a good chance they are the pilot film then the TV series which have the same themes anyway?

Point taken, I guess the only way to find out us to try. I'll get it set up and see what happens Wink
(2013-10-01, 19:17)wgstarks Wrote: [ -> ]I think this was the only skin change for Aeon Nox. Don't know if it will work with yours or not.
Code:
<onload condition="Skin.HasSetting(ActivateTvTunes) + System.HasAddon(script.tvtunes)">XBMC.RunScript(script.tvtunes,backend=True&amp;loop=False)</onload>
Shutdown XBMC. Make a backup copy of file DialogVideoInfo.xml. Add the code above to the file DialogVideoInfo.xml. And then launch XBMC.

This works with Aeon Nox. Hopefully with your skin too. You will probably see other OnLoad conditions near the top of the file. Add this one just below them. Be sure to create a backup copy first though, just in case.

well, it didn't work. don't know what to do.

thanks anyway.
(2013-10-01, 08:41)rob_webset Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-10-01, 04:06)wgstarks Wrote: [ -> ]I installed the latest zip and edited the DialogVideoInfo.xml file but I'm not getting the "Fetch" button in my skin. My DialogVideoInfo.xml file is here- http://www.texthosting.com/view/37839/

Looks like it's been truncated

Finally got a chance to re-post the DialogVideoInfo.xml file- http://pastebin.com/4dSC3p3S
I think it's all there this time.
(2013-10-01, 18:14)besmarques Wrote: [ -> ]I'm using xperience1080++.

(thanks for the replies)

Good night Besmarques,

The Xperience1080++ is a custom mode of the original Black's Xperience1080. Whilst the current TvTunes works in Confluence and in other skins such as Aeon Nox and a few others, it is a bit of a stretch to expect it to work with the fertile universe of skin mods 'out of the box' without considering certain pre-work. I'd suggest you to stay in the Xperience1080++ thread where I see you have posted and inquiry for this matter already here. The developer of your skin mod has confirmed on his reply to you that TvTunes should work on Xperience1080++ just as it works for the original skin; then, let him know about the existance of a new TvTunes thread (this one) which is related to a recent further development beyond TvTunes v3.0.4 which is the version I can see in the addon.xml for Xperience1080++.

Could you please let us know if there is positive feedback for you at the skin-specific thread and if so, what got the TvTunes working on Xperience1080++? A good advise for you: when someone asks you for a full debug log it would be sensible to provide it before continue posting about the same matter, so you can receive proper assistance on your issues whilst keeping the thread less cluttered.
(2013-10-02, 03:01)capfuturo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-10-01, 18:14)besmarques Wrote: [ -> ]I'm using xperience1080++.

(thanks for the replies)

Good night Besmarques,

The Xperience1080++ is a custom mode of the original Black's Xperience1080. Whilst the current TvTunes works in Confluence and in other skins such as Aeon Nox and a few others, it is a bit of a stretch to expect it to work with the fertile universe of skin mods 'out of the box' without considering certain pre-work. I'd suggest you to stay in the Xperience1080++ thread where I see you have posted and inquiry for this matter already here. The developer of your skin mod has confirmed on his reply to you that TvTunes should work on Xperience1080++ just as it works for the original skin; then, let him know about the existance of a new TvTunes thread (this one) which is related to a recent further development beyond TvTunes v3.0.4 which is the version I can see in the addon.xml for Xperience1080++.

Could you please let us know if there is positive feedback for you at the skin-specific thread and if so, what got the TvTunes working on Xperience1080++? A good advise for you: when someone asks you for a full debug log it would be sensible to provide it before continue posting about the same matter, so you can receive proper assistance on your issues whilst keeping the thread less cluttered.

Hey.

I will try to do it has you requested. If i get any news there i will post it here.
Thanks for your help.
I tried the noob solution.

Unistalled xbmc and deleted profiles
Installed everything again (xbmc,xperience1080++,tvtunes)

Now it works.

Xperience1080++ it's also compatible with Tvtunes 3.1.1 since it's the one that i'm using.

Thanks for your help
(2013-10-01, 20:28)rob_webset Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-10-01, 19:20)Wanilton Wrote: [ -> ]Work fine with skin Aeon MQ 5, too, BTW. One thing sometimes script mute xbmc and need press button + for get sound again.

Would be good to get a log for exactly when it does that - I wasn't aware of any problem. I have however seen some issues when the screensaver kicks in. (inc. Time code of when it happened)

Hi there was that not the problem i reported a couple of weeks back ? when tvtunes mutes the system somtimes and you have to use the + to get the volume back up.

is anyone having this problem the odd time when using the fade option ?
(2013-10-02, 13:56)meridius Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-10-01, 20:28)rob_webset Wrote: [ -> ]

Hi there was that not the problem i reported a couple of weeks back ? when tvtunes mutes the system somtimes and you have to use the + to get the volume back up.

is anyone having this problem the odd time when using the fade option ?

As I am aware, there are two sound possible problems:

1) When shutdown is done quickly while the fade is in progress - I have a "reduce chance of it happening" fix for this locally - but if TvTunes isn't given enough time by the overall system to reset the volume - then there isn't a great deal we can do.

2) When the screensaver kicks in, it can cause TvTunes several sound problems - This is harder than you would think to fix - as there are very few ways to interact with the screensaver settings.

Anything else should be reported and supplied with a log and the time code the problem happened (I don't want to spend ages trawling through log files) - obviously if you can't provide a log (Or simple and reliable steps to reproduce it) - then there is no point even posting to report it - as we can't do anything about it :-)

(2013-10-01, 12:22)mikebzh44 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-09-30, 19:28)rob_webset Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-09-30, 14:42)mikebzh44 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi.

I have work on issue 9 "Play theme for movie without entering info window".

I have made some tests at home this week-end and made a video to show you how it work bt it's to crappy and Youtube has remove audio track because of copyright :S

I will try to make a better video using FRAPS and post it on Vimeo.

But if you want to try, here is my tvtunes_backend.py :

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=64233

Thanks for supplying the patch, I have applied it locally and there seem to be a few issues.

If you have something without a theme, then it stops all future movies themes playing after that point when selecting a new theme.

It doesn't seem to work for TV Programs?
Bug fixed : http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=64633

Work fine with TV Tunes, when browsing seasons, episodes, theme is played.

I haven't had a look at the latest patch yet, but are you saying.
1) When you scroll down the movie list, it will play the movie themes (Without going into the info)
2) When you scroll down the TV Show list, it will not play the theme - it only plays it if you select and go into a TV SHow?

If so, I have to say, I'm not a great fan of the inconsistancy - I like the fact that we have very similar behaviour now to TV SHows and Movies :-)

Would it be worth doing this for both TV Shows as well as Movies?

I also think, if this goes in, we may want to make it configurable via the settings.

Thanks, Rob
(2013-10-02, 11:53)besmarques Wrote: [ -> ]I tried the noob solution.

Unistalled xbmc and deleted profiles
Installed everything again (xbmc,xperience1080++,tvtunes)

Now it works.

Xperience1080++ it's also compatible with Tvtunes 3.1.1 since it's the one that i'm using.

Thanks for your help

Good news! One more compatible skin down the list :-)