Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: NOOB, No audio when playing most files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A little help please,

I recently built Eskro's OpenELEC Build #6 HTPC and am having problems with the audio.

I have it hooked up to a Panasonic VT50 (sorry, in my last post I had thought it was hooked up to my Samsung.....it's not. I checked this time) via HDMI cable. I'm playing files from my network, various different file types (DVD rip full folders, iso, mp4, m4v, wmv, avi, flv, mov, mpg, etc....). Every time I play a file, the audio drops completely. When I have the file playing in the background (I exit full screen mode and go back to the GUI), the sounds when moving through the GUI don't play either (they are enabled to play all the time).

Am I missing something?
Any help with this problem? Anyone have this type of thing happen to them?

I'd really like to replace my Boxee Box and Raspberry Pi, but without sound that won't be possible.

?.........?
Try turning off all the "... capable receiver" options under XBMC -> Settings -> System -> Audio output

See if that has any effect on it.
Ned Scott,

Thank you so much for the suggestion. I had tried that before and nothing, but for some reason when I switched the last one off this time it actually worked!!! YAY!!!

Now my HTPC is fully functional (with my new non-bluetooth remote)....... I'm definately going to get me another one of these (or maybe more).

Cheers!!!