Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Slow Scraping Geniatech ATV1200
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As subject line still struggling with this unit -

Its been scraping for nearly a week now! Today its taken nearly 6 hours to scrape one TV series!

It should be locally scraping I've exported the database to separate files, and I've always used Sickbeard so the nfo's should be in place anyway.

Ive also disabled actor download thumbnails.

Have an ATV2 and a Win7 Install on the same network that I've never head a problem with so I'm guessing all my files are in the correct directories.

XBMC Log Below:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=60358
Even better 4 days into it it now reboots the unit after a couple of minutes scraping - I've just gone back into it and now the Tv Shows appear to have disappeared all together and XBMC has locked!
Hmm changing to NFS seems to have made a massive difference to the scanning speed - 2 hours compared to a week. Why this should be I have no idea, as I have an ATV2 and a Win7 box on the same network with XBMC all using SMB quite happily off a Microserver.
hmm false alarm it seems it was faster scanning on NFS as it wasn't reading any of the files, just picking up the folder names, and adding the TV series. What's weird though is the Movies share is set up exactly the same way and that works fine. Just gone back to SMB for TV and thats still as slow scanning as ever.
It can be slow, but it shouldn't be that slow. I'm not sure what the issue might be for this.
Hmm plot thickens some more, plugging in my old Boxee Box (spit) I browsed straight to the NFS shares and access and played a TV program (never used NFS on boxee before) so the server must be set up correctly - I can only assume NFS is broken in some way on the version of XBMC im using?

Symptoms are you can see the Share when you attempt to add the source Ip address ---> Sharename but as soon as you click on the sharename nothing happens.

Not that this helps the slow scraping problem anyway!

Now after some experimentation I've just found if I don't use powerline Ethernet but use Wifi its now scanning at a reasonable speed on an SMB share - I.e. 2 minutes for 136 episodes of a series, not the several hours a series it was taking before - Now its up to "C" at the moment so I'm going to leave it running and see if does scan the lot now - maybe its some kind of weird Ethernet problem?, its also a lot more responsive to the remote while its scraping over wifi I can access other XBMC menus etc- Before it used to take ages if it would even respond at all.
Nah, it scans a lot faster on wifi however xbmc crashes after about 40 programs have been scanned and you have to go back into it and run another library update until it crashes again and so on....