Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Display Graphics Issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am irritated by the fact that the XBMC on screen graphics are partially off the edge of my display. This occurs on both my TV and front PJ system. No problem you say - calibrate the display to render the pesky icons fully visible. When I do this the whole picture is shrunk and so I get black bars left and right as well as top and bottom! Even worse (as if it could be) the video stutters. Resetting calibration offsets to 0,0 cures the stuttering. I'm guessing image size reduction requires processing - too much for a small processor to cope with?

AFAIK I am using the basic XBMC "skin" (Confluence?). Would changing the skin resolve this issue? The sort of thing I'm talking about is lets say I pause a movie, the top 3/4 of the word chapter is off the top of the screen and time/date are half off to the right etc. Anyone else seeing this issue?
If exit XBMC, is the Windows desktop also misaligned as well?
This I will never know as I am not running XMBC on a PC per se - I'm using a "standalone" dedicated network player. I don't think there is any misalignment issue, it's just that the overscan on a "non PC" display causes a big problem. e.g. the "slide in from the side" view options menu is barely readable to the extentent one has to guess what the menu says - "view options" is seen as "ew options" the vi part is off the left of the display. Equally with the time "top right" the minutes are off the screen to the right Sad
Use Settings/System#Video_calibration... (wiki) or is that what you were refering to above?

Btw, what do you mean by "standalone" dedicated network player"?
Yes - I was refering to "Settings/ System#Vid etc" . By Standalone I mean "a little box soley for the purpose of playing media files" !

Basically the interface needs to be resized so that it It doesn't just fit perfectly onto a computer screen, it should fit onto a TV screen too as this is where I assume most folks would watch a movie. I certainly, by preference, would never watch a film on my PC - would anyone?
You've still not answered the question of what device you are using XBMC on, it might help determine what options you have.

Most devices or TV's will allow you to adjust or remove overscan, and if not the XBMC video configuration is a fall back if no other options are available.
The device is simply called a "DBM Network Player" which I believe is a small computer in a box approx 5"x5"x2" running Linux Openelec. I could obtain the specs if it helps. The only reason I mentioned it was a standalone is that it has no keyboard, but maybe I can access one from the XBMC ipad remote?

I hadn't thought about adjusting overscan on my TVs and Projector - I will look into it, but I wouldn't have thought such a workaround should be neccessary.
(2013-09-20, 17:03)Sound Hound Wrote: [ -> ]I hadn't thought about adjusting overscan on my TVs and Projector - I will look into it, but I wouldn't have thought such a workaround should be neccessary.
Well that's a PC device you're using so it'll not be doing any overscan compensation, that's why you need to either switch overscan off on the display (if you can) or use XBMC to adjust the interface.
Or if it's Openelec you can try adjusting display settings in Linux to enable overscan, you'd have to get advice for this from over http://www.openelec.tv/