Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Correcting Wrong Title
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I've had a title appear on my movie list that I didn't think I'd Ripped - reason - I hadn't! The movie - a music DVD - Alison Krauss A Hundred miles or more, was totally incorrectly "scraped" . So, I tried to rename the rip manually but I can't. I only seem to be able to select from a list that I'm offered by the scraper and none of them are correct. I don't mind if I can't fix the artwork although it would be nice to. I just want to change the Rip TITLE. Any help much appreciated. Thanks.
Which scraper are you using? If it's not in the database then it can't show up, and the only way to scrape it correctly is to stick an .nfo file (and artwork if you want it) in the folder.
You can change the title by using the "Rename"-function in the context-menu.

However - this will only change the name of the movie, not the information related to it. As troggy said, the only chance to correctly scrape it, is by either using a scraper which has this movie listed (themoviedb.org hasn't) or by using a .nfo-file.
Thanks for your replies guys......

Troggy - I don't know how to ascertain which "scraper" I am using. I don't think the music DVD in question would be in any data base but I may of course be wrong. If you have the patience for a newbie such as myself, I'd really appreciate a step by step as to how to "stick an .nfo file in the folder" Bear in mind I have a standalone network player - not a PC platform.

Henry Ford - Changing the name alone would get me by - which is the "context menu" (OMG I feel such a muppet). What I've done so far is use refresh and then select manual to change the name, but this only gives me another list of names, none of which remotely resemble what I want. I want enter the name totally manually if that makes any sense.
I think you're mixing something here:
The "refresh"-option is not available from the context-menu, only from the info-screen of the movie (brought up by pressing "i").
Bring up the context-menu by pressing "c" on your keyboard - in that menu there is an option "Edit title" or "Rename" (depending on the skin I think) where you can enter a title how you like it.

About the nfo-files see this article:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=NFO_files
Like I said to "Troggy" - I don't have a keyboard !! Could I use the one that is summoned from the XMBC Official remote ipad app?
(2013-09-20, 15:18)Sound Hound Wrote: [ -> ]Like I said to "Troggy" - I don't have a keyboard !! Could I use the one that is summoned from the XMBC Official remote ipad app?

You can use the context menu "button" on the iOS Remote app: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Fil...k_Help.png
Thankyou Artafael - I'll give it a try Wink