Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Why is my Fox News playing in dubbed Spanish?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, so I have no idea what caused this and I am seriously puzzled.

I just switched to WMC as back end for PVR AND live tv on XBMC and while everything is running smoothly, I was surprised to hear a dubbed spanish 9 o clock Fox news on live tv.

Now the channel is Fox 26 (Houston) and all the other programming is in English but the Fox news at 9 was dubbed in spanish.

I really dont know if there is some setting in WMC/XBMC that is responsible for it (I could not find anything related to it though) or if I am just mapped to the wrong channel.

I know this may not be an XBMC question but any help is appreciated.
(2013-09-21, 00:05)ozkhan1 Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, so I have no idea what caused this and I am seriously puzzled.

I just switched to WMC as back end for PVR AND live tv on XBMC and while everything is running smoothly, I was surprised to hear a dubbed spanish 9 o clock Fox news on live tv.

Now the channel is Fox 26 (Houston) and all the other programming is in English but the Fox news at 9 was dubbed in spanish.

I really dont know if there is some setting in WMC/XBMC that is responsible for it (I could not find anything related to it though) or if I am just mapped to the wrong channel.

I know this may not be an XBMC question but any help is appreciated.

I would be better if you posted this in this thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=171216

so that it doesn't get missed. If you are still having this problem with fox, can you post a server log after you try to view this channel (paste it into pastebin.com and post a link)
I also get the wrong audio on some channels, though I use tvheadend, not WMC. The entire audio stream is missing so it plays the dubbed audio, and it doesn't always happen so it's kinda hard to track it down.
(2013-09-25, 22:15)negge Wrote: [ -> ]I also get the wrong audio on some channels, though I use tvheadend, not WMC. The entire audio stream is missing so it plays the dubbed audio, and it doesn't always happen so it's kinda hard to track it down.

Well if you use wmc as the backend again and if you get the wrong audio, go to the debug tab in the server app and save the log. Then paste a link to it in our support thread.