Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Help! When I turn on my G-Box Midnight MX2 Android 4.2 it freezes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a G-Box Midnight MX2 Android 4.2 Jelly Bean Dual Core XBMC Streaming Mini HTPC TV Box Player and when I turn it on I get the "MATRICOM" on my TV screen and it just freezes there and nothing else happens.

I've tried shutting off the device for 5 minutes, removing the HDMI, power and audio cable and plugging them back in. I've tried re-plugging the device into another tv and I still get the same issue. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Kathy
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

Defective box perhaps? You may want to contact your vendor for support, exchange or refund.
I suggest contacting "MATRICOM" for support. Else go to the 'MATRICOM' forums and ask there...
(2013-09-22, 04:30)KathyC Wrote: [ -> ]I have a G-Box Midnight MX2 Android 4.2 Jelly Bean Dual Core XBMC Streaming Mini HTPC TV Box Player and when I turn it on I get the "MATRICOM" on my TV screen and it just freezes there and nothing else happens.

I've tried shutting off the device for 5 minutes, removing the HDMI, power and audio cable and plugging them back in. I've tried re-plugging the device into another tv and I still get the same issue. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Kathy

Late seeing this ..

I reckon that you'll have to reflash the G-Box MX2 firmware OR send it back to Matricom.

Flashing is very easy as long as you have the necessary files & a blank SD card (2Gb will do)

Hope this helps Wink